Injury Report: 2018-19 Injury Report - Where’s Kesler?

Who plays more games as a Duck this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
I guess walking boot is better than knee brace. Ankle injury is better than knee right?

Glass half full?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Also, the broken rib causing the back spasms is a much better deal than having back spasms due to a disc issue, so that's something.

Accurate. I popped a rib two months ago, and it caused back problems, but as the rib heals the back recovers pretty quickly.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
it is reported that Ricky was in a boot. So that means long term and more likely than not he will have some complications going forward. why, hockey gods?

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Maybe a prolonged absence is what he needs to get back to his previous level, who knows. Fingers crossed.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
So Kase moves back into the top-6 role.

Or... Kase can stay on the fourth line and we bring up one of Terry or Jones. I'd prefer to see what Jones can do since we've already seen what Terry still needs to work on.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Wtf his projected return date isn't til March? Damn

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
If Perry comes back and can rebound at all that would make me so damn happy. Who knows how long his knee has hobbled him for.
The decline in his production fits with GMBM`s previously given time of when things went bad for Perrys knee. He wasn`t ''not trying'' out there, he just couldn`t. That one time he pushed his leg too much (in pregame when he injured it), his knee gave up so to speak.
Still these injuries are crazy and will limit Corey but not like he was great before...

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
The decline in his production fits with GMBM`s previously given time of when things went bad for Perrys knee. He wasn`t ''not trying'' out there, he just couldn`t. That one time he pushed his leg too much (in pregame when he injured it), his knee gave up so to speak.
Still these injuries are crazy and will limit Corey but not like he was great before...
It is nice to have an idea of what led to his rapid decline. I was thinking back to how things went for him, remembering the lockout year that he came back playing some very lackluster hockey. His play was frustrating. Then, he got it together and came back strong the next year, putting up 40+ goals. At the beginning of the following season, I remember thinking Perry was skating and playing better than I had seen outside of his Hart run, and got off to a hot start with two hat-tricks in his first 13 games, putting up 10 goals/14 points in that span. Then Minnesota (conspiracy theory) gave him the mumps in early November and derailed him. He came for a few weeks before Ballard (Minnesota) side-swiped his knee and really derailed the rest of Perry's career. He never looked the same after that, even though he still finished that season and the next season with over 30 goals each, you could just see that he wasn't able to play with the same physical edge to his game.

So, yeah, **** the Wild. Hopefully with new knees he can squeeze out a couple rebound seasons.

Reactions: Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->