Injury Report: 2018-19 Injury Report - Where’s Kesler?

Who plays more games as a Duck this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Isn't his wedding coming up soon too? Damn that sucks.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Getz missed about 6 or 7 weeks with just one of those broken bones. Then had to play with a full cage for a while after that. So I’d say minimum 8 weeks.
Provided that the bones aren’t pulverized, it’s just 3 plates instead of 1. He will heal at the same rate (assuming that there are just cracked bones they can plate together, rather than a bunch of little fragments they couldn’t, which isn’t actually a safe assumption) The real questions are how bad is the concussion that came with it, was there any ocular damage, and how badly will it impact his ability to eat (it likely shouldn’t).

This is very far from worst possible scenario though. It isn’t a blind in his eye thing like Berard, or hopefully not a Pronger eye damage post-concussion thing. He should be able to play, and should more importantly be able to have a normal life.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Getz missed about 6 or 7 weeks with just one of those broken bones. Then had to play with a full cage for a while after that. So I’d say minimum 8 weeks.

I was about to ask how similar this is to what Getz had? Seems like it could be a fair bit worse?

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I was about to ask how similar this is to what Getz had? Seems like it could be a fair bit worse?
Hard to tell. Like Ducks DVM said above, it depends on what the collateral damage is.

My guess was simply based on the fact that he and Getz both fractured the same bone. Only Fowler has additional fractures on top of it.

AustrianDuck

Aug 3, 2018
Graz, Austria
your posting stats insinuate that you're new here, and you'll soon learn that Dirk values fighting over everything else. That said, I'd rather see Tropp in lineup next game than Gibbons. Tropp does play with a sort of edge which to Dirk's credit, is something the lineup could use. However, he's not the guy that should be called up IMO.

I´m reading here since 3 years or so. So I know Dirk´s favorite players are 4th line enforcers who can´t even enforce. He likes guys like Bieksa and Boll.

Just was wondering about Tropp, I don´t saw him play or didn´t mention him in his NHL Games before he came to us.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I´m reading here since 3 years or so. So I know Dirk´s favorite players are 4th line enforcers who can´t even enforce. He likes guys like Bieksa and Boll.

Just was wondering about Tropp, I don´t saw him play or didn´t mention him in his NHL Games before he came to us.

Tropp doesn't bring much. He does bring a little bit of an edge, and again, to Dirk's credit, we could definitely use that. However, he definitely would not be who I would call up.

Reactions: AustrianDuck
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Since joining the Ducks, almost two years ago, he's managed all of 34 games including playoffs... The Eaves brothers are both really made of glass. I like the guy as a player, but damn. I wonder how he feels about his body, in how much of a pain has this guy lived throughout his whole life?

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Since joining the Ducks, almost two years ago, he's managed all of 34 games including playoffs... The Eaves brothers are both really made of glass. I like the guy as a player, but damn. I wonder how he feels about his body, in how much of a pain has this guy lived throughout his whole life?
And the most saddest part is - this was entirely predictable and yet BM still gave up a 1st and gave him a long term extension. Eaves has spent more of his career injured then healthy, the only good thing is that at least his contract is manageable.

Reactions: Spazkat

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
And the most saddest part is - this was entirely predictable and yet BM still gave up a 1st and gave him a long term extension. Eaves has spent more of his career injured then healthy, the only good thing is that at least his contract is manageable.
You can’t blame him for the draft pick, he was absolutely worth a 2nd, and was an integral part of us getting into and then through the first part of the playoffs. Was just dumb luck that Lucic cheap-shotted him at exactly the right game to make it a 1st.

Reactions: AngelDuck

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
You can’t blame him for the draft pick, he was absolutely worth a 2nd, and was an integral part of us getting into and then through the first part of the playoffs. Was just dumb luck that Lucic cheap-shotted him at exactly the right game to make it a 1st.
I don't mind giving up the 1st for the right player tbf in the situation Anaheim were in at that point, I just will never think Eaves was the right player to give it up for. And giving Eaves an extension more or less compounded the mistake as Eaves was never going to stay healthy.

Reactions: anezthes

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I don't mind giving up the 1st for the right player tbf in the situation Anaheim were in at that point, I just will never think Eaves was the right player to give it up for. And giving Eaves an extension more or less compounded the mistake as Eaves was never going to stay healthy.
Zero argument on the extension. I do think Eaves was the best guy that year for that pick though.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Off the top of my head, everyone sidelined with injuries at one point or another: Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler, Eaves, Kase, Ritchie, Silfverberg, Rowney, Gibbons, Comtois, Kossila, Roy, Jones, Fowler, Manson, Schenn(?), Lindholm... not sure if I missed anyone.

Or to put in another way, through 21 games, the guys that haven't missed games to injury: Henrique, Rakell, Cogliano, Sherwood, Aberg, Montour, Larsson, Pettersson, Welinski, and the goalies.

That's just insane. Carlyle is going to finish the season hiding behind the same excuse again. He'll ride this sinking ship into a top five pick, and I'm not even mad anymore. We picked a good year to suck.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Lindholm is on IR according to the Ducks website.

That's really interesting. I was at practice yesterday and Hampus did not dress. He showed up during practice and looked fine. After practice RC was giving a media interview. Stephens specifically asked him about Hampus not dressing and RC specifically told him it was just a maintenance day. I didn't know players Hampus' age got or needed maintenance days. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad