Injury Report: 2018-19 Injury Report - Where’s Kesler?

Who plays more games as a Duck this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
What's the status on Kevin Roy? he's one who gets snoozed on.

Not sure on his status, but does he really get snoozed on? I see a likely tweener - only seems fit for a scoring line role yet doesn't seem like he'll be a high end producer. Aberg seems a lot the same but I'd say even he has a bit more upside with similar skill and a better motor.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Not sure on his status, but does he really get snoozed on? I see a likely tweener - only seems fit for a scoring line role yet doesn't seem like he'll be a high end producer. Aberg seems a lot the same but I'd say even he has a bit more upside with similar skill and a better motor.

Roy has more drive/ambition than Aberg.

Reactions: McDonald19

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
I'd like some reports on how exactly Kesler looks. Is he just up to last year's standards and able to skate without further injuring himself? Because last year he was painfully slow and not all that useful. Or is he actually a little better.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I'd like some reports on how exactly Kesler looks. Is he just up to last year's standards and able to skate without further injuring himself? Because last year he was painfully slow and not all that useful. Or is he actually a little better.
Hes not talking with the media.. Its kinda hard to get answers lol.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Getz not in practice, Rico on 1st line, Steel on 2nd and Lundy on 3d one. Well after all it was smart to keep Lundy, oh well... Getzy get well soon

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Getz not in practice, Rico on 1st line, Steel on 2nd and Lundy on 3d one. Well after all it was smart to keep Lundy, oh well... Getzy get well soon
I don't really like that. I'd prefer Rico to continue on that 2nd line as at least that's 1 line that's working.

Rakell needs to be able to create by himself if he really is a 1st line player so steel should go there

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Gibson take the wheel. This is like the forward version of that time 2/3 of our blueline was injured a few years ago and we had guys like Gagne and Blacker dressed.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I don't really like that. I'd prefer Rico to continue on that 2nd line as at least that's 1 line that's working.

Rakell needs to be able to create by himself if he really is a 1st line player so steel should go there
That's a bit unfair to Rakell. How many players in the NHL are going to produce with two rookies who are woefully below the level needed (in physical terms) to play in the NHL while playing against opposition teams best players?

I like Steel and Terry as prospects, but Terry has looked awful on the wing of one of the best centers in the NHL so far and a large part of that is down to he's weak as hell right now and loses the vast majority of his battles. Steel and Terry would get eaten alive playing against other teams top competition.

You don't want to break up a line that's playing well, but Henrique on the top line is by far the best option Anaheim has right now.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
This is the first-time I'm actually nervous. Average-ish forwards in the NHL are pretty interchangeable, for the most part. Sure, missing like six of them starts to make it a little scary, but eventually we'd start to get some back.

But a Getzlaf injury is a whole different level.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Rakell is paid like a second liner and people want him to be an elite first liner

If he put up 20 goals and 45 points this season, would you say it’s okay, because he’s only being paid as a top 6 player?

One of the reasons that contract is so good is because the value is terrific. He’s clearly a better player than that.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
That's a bit unfair to Rakell. How many players in the NHL are going to produce with two rookies who are woefully below the level needed (in physical terms) to play in the NHL while playing against opposition teams best players?

I like Steel and Terry as prospects, but Terry has looked awful on the wing of one of the best centers in the NHL so far and a large part of that is down to he's weak as hell right now and loses the vast majority of his battles. Steel and Terry would get eaten alive playing against other teams top competition.

You don't want to break up a line that's playing well, but Henrique on the top line is by far the best option Anaheim has right now.

Alternately, since you control the matchups at home, you keep Comtois Henrique Silfverberg together as it’s got two veterans with known chemistry and some defensive acumen and give that one first line matchups, while getting rakell out against weaker competition. This feels like just making every line worse.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2011
Because we only have one line-driver and it'd be nice to have two.
Agreed but besides Getz, Kase is really the only other player I feel like can drive play? Rakell I feel like is a great compliment to a great player but isn't going to drive possession or anything except maybe on a lower line?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Detroit played last night we can just hope they are gassed af.

But should be an interesting game, Detroit is arguably a bottom 10 team in the league and hey what do you know our middle 6 centers will be of an average age of 19 and whopping 1 NHL game experience (also on average). Our best goal scoring option is also 19 :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad