Injury Report: 2018-19 Injury Report - Where’s Kesler?

Who plays more games as a Duck this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
any update on silfverberg?

and i agree this injury thing is getting ridiculous. i didn't think last year's terrible luck with injuries would carry over to this season

Reactions: AngelDuck

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
To be fair, this is looking like a hand injury from blocking a shot/pass.

If they were just all muscle injuries then that would be a different story.

Reactions: Duck Off
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
To be fair, this is looking like a hand injury from blocking a shot/pass.

If they were just all muscle injuries then that would be a different story.
Yeah, Eaves and Kesler are carryovers, Gibbons and Silf are shot blocking issues, Getz and Perry are the only perhaps suspect ones, and Perry's issues have evidently been going on for years.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Yeah, Eaves and Kesler are carryovers, Gibbons and Silf are shot blocking issues, Getz and Perry are the only perhaps suspect ones, and Perry's issues have evidently been going on for years.

In terms of possible questions about the Ducks' strength and conditioning training (not luck), this list could be applied as well except for maybe Eaves; Eaves seems to have recovered from his viral infection and its effects, but he is now rehabbing the shoulder he injured while training. Kase would also be one of the injuries that isn't related to s&c.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Even Getzlaf's injury seems like a freak injury that could happen to anyone no matter the conditioning. Like sometimes you just get your body parts in weird positions, especially due to inconsistent ice conditions, and then the powers affecting you mess something up. It's literally just bad luck that seems to hound us.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
In terms of possible questions about the Ducks' strength and conditioning training (not luck), this list could be applied as well except for maybe Eaves; Eaves seems to have recovered from his viral infection and its effects, but he is now rehabbing the shoulder he injured while training. Kase would also be one of the injuries that isn't related to s&c.
Kase. Knew I was forgetting a big one.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
silf needs to be ok hopefully. our comtois-henrique-??? line was already looking way worse without silf

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
It was well over ''just luck'' already last year imo

I wonder how we stack up on injuries over the last 2 years if you don't count Eaves and Kesler. Those are both unique cases and have accounted for a huge amount of games. Are we middle of the pack then, or are we still that far head?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I wonder how we stack up on injuries over the last 2 years if you don't count Eaves and Kesler. Those are both unique cases and have accounted for a huge amount of games. Are we middle of the pack then, or are we still that far head?
I certainly haven`t done the research but I would think it still have to be up with most of the league.

Oct 18, 2011
Even Getzlaf's injury seems like a freak injury that could happen to anyone no matter the conditioning. Like sometimes you just get your body parts in weird positions, especially due to inconsistent ice conditions, and then the powers affecting you mess something up. It's literally just bad luck that seems to hound us.
Also just age and wear and tear. Getzlaf is going to be getting injured and we have to deal with it

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
More from Teaford. Maybe get one back, lose two more. We might be up to six rookie forwards.
#NHLDucks rundown: Ryan Getzlaf is on the ice. Jakob Silfverberg and Carter Rowney are not (upper body injuries). Joseph Blandisi and Chase De Leo are here from San Diego.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I don't even know how he got so badly injured... it wasn't even really a shot that he blocked was it? More like a pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->