2018-19 Blackhawks Roster Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Hino also had 2 assists in his last 14 games. The play he had in feburary and just around it player would be great. Toews the year before had that great period there where he was the months leading scorer too.

The last month saw Hino not in some limited 4th line usage but playing with Cat & Schmaltz yet still Hino didn't produce. That line was frustrating from that and how Q woudnt swap Hino and Kane there.

If Az uses Galy aa a center and plays Hino in a tie 6 role but Grabner in a more defensive role he may get a time to shine. But I think hes likely to bounce around their lineup too

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
So essentially Bowman is punting on season by sitting on millions of $$$ that could be used to improve this club now

If that is case ownership should remove Bowman now instead of waiting until end of year when Hawks miss playoffs

He also is essentially admitting that this year is him outright attempting to sabotage Q by providing him this pretty crappy lineup

Truthfully I'm getting a bit suspicious that Stan is biding his time by going for 17-year olds or scrubs in trades and sitting on millions of dollars while the team struggles. Seems all this "potential" is keeping Stan quite comfortable in his job.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
You can't really improve the club now without giving up a significant piece. If we traded Hossa before free agency and he did nothing you might have a gripe but at this point it's just complaining to complain.
Nobody wants anyone other than the following: Saad, Schmaltz, Debrincat, Jokiharju, Boqvist, Beaudin. The Hawks really don't have the assets to improve their team unless they trade someone they shouldn't. If you're okay with trading any of the above, be my guest. But if you're not, then there really isn't anything Bowman can do until next season.

Reactions: Robsker

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Nobody wants anyone other than the following: Saad, Schmaltz, Debrincat, Jokiharju, Boqvist, Beaudin. The Hawks really don't have the assets to improve their team unless they trade someone they shouldn't. If you're okay with trading any of the above, be my guest. But if you're not, then there really isn't anything Bowman can do until next season.

I never said I wanted to.

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018
I would try and sign D Toby Enstrom for one year on a reasonable contract for defensive depth plus he is a lefty.Keep all your cost controlled young prospects cuz that is how you build the team for the long term.Keep Saad too ...he will bounce back and play up to his worth.Then trade Anisimov and Murphy to free up more cap space once your young prospects start jelling

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Why not?

He would be upgrade over almost all our defenders
There is an abundance of defensive prospects on this team and down into Rockford that would far better deserve a chance to get NHL icetime.

Adding a declining vet that missed half the year isn't a better option for the team now or the future at all. The team could still be better off adding another vet Winger as they're not overloaded with forward depth like they are at soon could be ready D.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
“Getting that skill and that creativity back in my game is a big thing I want to focus on,” he said. “You watch a lot of these young guys that are coming up and getting the opportunity to play right away — they all have the skill, they all have the skating. And it’s days like this, where they’re out there working on stuff and playing around and just being loose and creative. It’s going to be fun to get that back into my game.”

Great article about Toews trying to rekindle his fire.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
“Getting that skill and that creativity back in my game is a big thing I want to focus on,” he said. “You watch a lot of these young guys that are coming up and getting the opportunity to play right away — they all have the skill, they all have the skating. And it’s days like this, where they’re out there working on stuff and playing around and just being loose and creative. It’s going to be fun to get that back into my game.”

Love Toews, but articles like this have been coming out constantly the last 3 offseasons.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Kahun will make the team. He will be that good even though @Bubba88 says that he likely goes KHL and he has seem Kahun more than me.

You can come later and bite me with this post.
I'd be happy if he makes it, I'm just not sure and maybe think about a bit higher standards to make the roster.

Kahun could very well be on the team for the contract alone. Question was a bit about the bonuses and I don't see him hit any of those.
If he does we and hockey Germany should feel happy about it.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Now that Kruger is back and will be 4C...where does Kahun fit?

Barring a trade of AA, they only way Kahun makes the team is if Schmaltz plays winger instead of 2C....IF that happens then Kahum can be either 2V or 4C depending how they deploy AA...Ejdsell could be also competition against Kahum for 3C on that case ...but Q probably would use Ejdsell on the wing unless he showed he could won draws and play defensively better than Kahum ...

So the key to this whole mess is whether they kero Schmaltz at 2C or move him to either 2LW or 1RW ...Doing one of those 2 options opens up a Centre position for either Kahum or Ejdsell. The question then is who is best C option for Kane.

So why would you not use Schmaltz at 2C but rather on the wing ?

1 Weak of face offs. ..means more often than not lose immediate possession ...puck gets put back oi our own zone..this is bad ..anytime Kane spending too much time back in our zone and not with puck in o-zone...Unless Schmaltz gets a lot better no draws we WASTE too much of Kan's offensive impact over what could be ...also Kane is a defensive liability playing too long in our zone..So while Schmaltz is tantalizing as to his ceiling offensively and could take a giant leap to 70+ points ...he still seems flawed with the draw issues and that could hurt him as well from ever elevating to his full impact potential at Centre. .

HOWEVER ...we could ask if he could reach that 70+ range from a top six wing position instead?

The 2 options in that case would be 2LW staying on the Kane line or going to 1RW on the Toews line.

But you do not want to use D-Cat at 2LW because that makes the 3rd line too small with Kane there unless they put a big Centre like AA there..bit that again causes face off and possession loss issues off the draws...

But you could instead have a 1st line of :

D-Cat Toews Schmaltz

That solves the face off issues and d-zone Centre resonsibility (IF Toews shows and decides to exert)...fresh up Schmaltz for elevating his offense ..
Logically this line makes a lot of f sense .

Well if that is the case. ..Saad is 2LW and Kane is 2RW but you still have a face oof issue of AA is at Centre. Kahun could be the solution IF he can be at least 50% on draws or sane for Ejdsell ..but then they also need to prove reliable defensively as well as provide 2C level offensive production.

Saad Kahun Kane

So then line 3 could be
Ejdsell AA Sikura

Linec4 we know already:

Ku nitz Kruger Hayden. .

Re-capping:

D-Cat Toews Schmaltz *
Saad Kahun Kane
Ejdsell AA Sikura
Kunitz Kruger Hayden

This is the only way I see a fit with Kahun..to get a 2C role he must win at least 50% on draws ...must produce at at least a s good as AA wouldst 2C with Kane if not better ...must bail out Kane in our d-xone ..IF he can check all those boxes he should be 2C and Schmaltz can move to 1RW solution and no longer have to worry about draws or d-xone coverage issues as he would be faced playing Centre.

So Kahun is the X factor ...Can he take the 2C role and check all the boxes for the role?

Even if he can ...and even if Saad at 2LW helps out defensively and rebounds offensively, the corollary of doing this leaves a big issue for line #1 ...which is:

Do D'Cat and Schmaltz fail to elevate both their games and help Toews "reboubd" IF The now face tougher shutdown lines or have to stop opposition top limes?

It is 1 thong to consider D-Cat and Schmaltz "taking the next step" elevating their games with more featured minutes and roles ...but the downside is that teams will pay closer attention trying to stop them compared to what the faced previously in lesser minutes and lesser roles.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Now that Kruger is back and will be 4C...where does Kahun fit?

Barring a trade of AA, they only way Kahun makes the team is if Schmaltz plays winger instead of 2C....IF that happens then Kahum can be either 2V or 4C depending how they deploy AA...Ejdsell could be also competition against Kahum for 3C on that case ...but Q probably would use Ejdsell on the wing unless he showed he could won draws and play defensively better than Kahum ...

So the key to this whole mess is whether they kero Schmaltz at 2C or move him to either 2LW or 1RW ...Doing one of those 2 options opens up a Centre position for either Kahum or Ejdsell. The question then is who is best C option for Kane.

So why would you not use Schmaltz at 2C but rather on the wing ?

1 Weak of face offs. ..means more often than not lose immediate possession ...puck gets put back oi our own zone..this is bad ..anytime Kane spending too much time back in our zone and not with puck in o-zone...Unless Schmaltz gets a lot better no draws we WASTE too much of Kan's offensive impact over what could be ...also Kane is a defensive liability playing too long in our zone..So while Schmaltz is tantalizing as to his ceiling offensively and could take a giant leap to 70+ points ...he still seems flawed with the draw issues and that could hurt him as well from ever elevating to his full impact potential at Centre. .

HOWEVER ...we could ask if he could reach that 70+ range from a top six wing position instead?

The 2 options in that case would be 2LW staying on the Kane line or going to 1RW on the Toews line.

But you do not want to use D-Cat at 2LW because that makes the 3rd line too small with Kane there unless they put a big Centre like AA there..bit that again causes face off and possession loss issues off the draws...

But you could instead have a 1st line of :

D-Cat Toews Schmaltz

That solves the face off issues and d-zone Centre resonsibility (IF Toews shows and decides to exert)...fresh up Schmaltz for elevating his offense ..
Logically this line makes a lot of f sense .

Well if that is the case. ..Saad is 2LW and Kane is 2RW but you still have a face oof issue of AA is at Centre. Kahun could be the solution IF he can be at least 50% on draws or sane for Ejdsell ..but then they also need to prove reliable defensively as well as provide 2C level offensive production.

Saad Kahun Kane

So then line 3 could be
Ejdsell AA Sikura

Linec4 we know already:

Ku nitz Kruger Hayden. .

Re-capping:

D-Cat Toews Schmaltz *
Saad Kahun Kane
Ejdsell AA Sikura
Kunitz Kruger Hayden

This is the only way I see a fit with Kahun..to get a 2C role he must win at least 50% on draws ...must produce at at least a s good as AA wouldst 2C with Kane if not better ...must bail out Kane in our d-xone ..IF he can check all those boxes he should be 2C and Schmaltz can move to 1RW solution and no longer have to worry about draws or d-xone coverage issues as he would be faced playing Centre.

So Kahun is the X factor ...Can he take the 2C role and check all the boxes for the role?

Even if he can ...and even if Saad at 2LW helps out defensively and rebounds offensively, the corollary of doing this leaves a big issue for line #1 ...which is:

Do D'Cat and Schmaltz fail to elevate both their games and help Toews "reboubd" IF The now face tougher shutdown lines or have to stop opposition top limes?

It is 1 thong to consider D-Cat and Schmaltz "taking the next step" elevating their games with more featured minutes and roles ...but the downside is that teams will pay closer attention trying to stop them compared to what the faced previously in lesser minutes and lesser roles.

Why not Kahun as a winger? Problem solved.

As to Kero, he's in Vancouver. lol

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
There is an abundance of defensive prospects on this team and down into Rockford that would far better deserve a chance to get NHL icetime.

Adding a declining vet that missed half the year isn't a better option for the team now or the future at all. The team could still be better off adding another vet Winger as they're not overloaded with forward depth like they are at soon could be ready D.

None of our prospects are ready for a top 4 role and if you want to get prospects in you dump garbage like Gus and Manning to make room

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
None of our prospects are ready for a top 4 role and if you want to get prospects in you dump garbage like Gus and Manning to make room
Then who sits out? Prospects? Someone has to be a scratch and that's exactly why removing oesterle was necessary.

Forsling played that role last year and when Ruuta and Crow were healthy, heavily because of Crow, they won and were progressing. That's exactly what the team needs to build any future.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)

Sounds great. I'll believe it when I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad