2018-19 Blackhawks Roster Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
This summer has seemed like it's had very little trades so far compared to years past. It's like GMs don't know what the **** they want going forward so they decide to just do nothing.

wait till Tavares signs then some more movement will take place.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Soooo Connor Murphy next defenseman traded that helps a team win a cup? Since we didn’t three peat in 13/14/15 we can do it now.

The same Connor Murphy the Yotes quickly moved on from after giving him that awful contract? The same Connor Murphy who looked average at best most of this past year

If Hawks can move on from Murphy contract and find a better defender we should jump on chance

Moving Murphy would at least undo one of Stan's disastrous 2017 offseason trades

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
The same Connor Murphy the Yotes quickly moved on from after giving him that awful contract? The same Connor Murphy who looked average at best most of this past year

If Hawks can move on from Murphy contract and find a better defender we should jump on chance

Moving Murphy would at least undo one of Stan's disastrous 2017 offseason trades

I'll give you one thing, man. When your mind is made up about something, you stick to your guns.

Hammer was terrible last year, and oft-injured. And the last quarter of the season leading into the offseason the year prior was the same. Not sure why this doesn't compute for you. He.was.bad. He's a warrior... who is trying to go into battle with an amputated leg, at this point.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I legitimately don't think I've ever met or seen anybody in my life plant flags on hills and die on them at the level BWC does.

It's not even planting flags now. It's building fallout shelters in those hills. And then wasting away in them for 50 years, dying a slow, agonizingly bored death, while no nuclear strike ever comes, or is at risk of coming, and trying to justify it at the same time. All while the people outside the shelter go on living happy, content lives, with not a care in the world.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
It's not even planting flags now. It's building fallout shelters in those hills. And then wasting away in them for 50 years, dying a slow, agonizingly bored death, while no nuclear strike ever comes, or is at risk of coming, and trying to justify it at the same time. All while the people outside the shelter go on living happy, content lives, with not a care in the world.

:laugh:

Well done, sir.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Probably dating myself here and many of younger fans wont recognize film but when I was younger I wanted a room like Yabbo's in Gleaming the cube

Thought it would be cool to live in a bomb shelter

For record as kid I had a old VHS with Gleaming the Cube and Tuff Turf taped off HBO on it , LOL

Reactions: BK and ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Probably dating myself here and many of younger fans wont recognize film but when I was younger I wanted a room like Yabbo's in Gleaming the cube

Thought it would be cool to live in a bomb shelter

For record as kid I had a old VHS with Gleaming the Cube and Tuff Turf taped off HBO on it , LOL

Loved gleaming the cube. Used to watch that movie like I watched Jaws. Like every day. Haha. Some early Christian Slater. :yo: Thought he was the shit in that movie when I was little.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I'd like to see the Hawks sign Roussel just to see how long it takes Eddie to learn that his name isn't Dominic. Eddie, Dominic Roussel played when you were still playing. I'm sure you scored on him a few times. Try to remember that when calling a game.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Ok- I'll be that guy.

Can the Hawks acquire Karlsson? If Ottawa is underwhelmed with their offers can Chicago sweep in and steal him?

Boqvist, Schmaltz, and 2019 1st

If the Hawks can move Hossa's contract, they'll have the cap space. Is that enough? Would you?

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Ok- I'll be that guy.

Can the Hawks acquire Karlsson? If Ottawa is underwhelmed with their offers can Chicago sweep in and steal him?

Boqvist, Schmaltz, and 2019 1st

If the Hawks can move Hossa's contract, they'll have the cap space. Is that enough? Would you?

Don't think i would do it, after watching him vs our club last season he looked bad. I know he's coming off an injury but we have too many underwhelming D plugs to deal with already, don't need anymore.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Two developments cited in this morning’s Athletic article.

“The Blackhawks are unlikely to sign pending unrestricted free agent James van Riemsdyk, multiple sources told The Athletic.”

“There has been a lot of speculation this offseason the Blackhawks would consider trading center Artem Anisimov, who has a $4.55 million cap hit. He is expected to submit a 10-team trade list Sunday. One source said the Blackhawks would only consider trading Anisimov if the deal really made sense.”

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Regarding Murphy yeah maybe he's a warrior and gives it his all but i really think he's kind of slow and a little over paid, if he leaves this club some day not going feel any loss, imo of course.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Two developments cited in this morning’s Athletic article.

“The Blackhawks are unlikely to sign pending unrestricted free agent James van Riemsdyk, multiple sources told The Athletic.”

“There has been a lot of speculation this offseason the Blackhawks would consider trading center Artem Anisimov, who has a $4.55 million cap hit. He is expected to submit a 10-team trade list Sunday. One source said the Blackhawks would only consider trading Anisimov if the deal really made sense.”

I think they are going to try increase Anisimov’s value next season.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
You have to play him with Kane imo. Where else is his value to this team?

True. Cat - Anisimov - Kane.

Though if they see him as 3C and he plays with Sikura and maybe Hinostroza/new UFA winger, they could click but most likely not that much so his value increases.

f*** that all these UFA wingers like Neal, JVR and Perron wants long-term deals.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
True. Cat - Anisimov - Kane.

Though if they see him as 3C and he plays with Sikura and maybe Hinostroza/new UFA winger, they could click but most likely not that much so his value increases.

**** that all these UFA wingers like Neal, JVR and Perron wants long-term deals.

I think you do that, and put Schmaltz back with Toews. DeBrincat can be the camping trigger man that Panarin eventually became with Kane.

While you’re pulling Schmaltz out of a center role, you’re making a damn fine first line. Schmaltz and Toews were excellent together a few years ago. I’m honestly surprised we never saw them together this past year.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Realistically, with all the players available and the Blackhawks lack of cap space. Do the Hawks even stand a chance of making the playoffs next season? And what do the next 3 years look like? Can this roster be salvaged ever?

Kane is still a superstar at $10.5M
Toews, Keith, Seabrook, Saad, Hossa, and Crawford are a shell of their past selves. $40.188M

Tough contracts: Anisimov, Murphy $8.4M

Have some youth in DeBrincat, Schmaltz, Hino, Sikura, Hillman.

Future in Boqvist, Joki, Mitchell, Beudin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad