Prospect Info: 2018-19 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I'm not convinced they have the AHL strong link players to have an above-average offense. Lappin is obviously a 1st line AHLer and Tangradi has been a reliable scorer in the AHL too. I think there's a lot of other good players, and certainly an average offense is possible - but they have a pretty weak defense corps and the team is quite young.

Yeah, unless Dea gets there and they add to their defense it's not a playoff team.

All he said was they'll have a deep offense lol

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
This season will be challenge, that is not any different then previous seasons. However, the thought process going in is the turnover of players and the new coaching staff.

After attending several training camp's in the past years, I really like what our new coach brings to the table. It is refreshing to say the least. I outlined what has been encouraging in my latest post for SBNation.

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
Actually pretty excited about the team this year. They seem to have a good mix up front:

- A couple 30 goal scorers last year in Tangradi and Lappin
- The young guns like McLeod, Anderson, Seney, Studenic and Sharangovich
- Some guys that are familiar with playing in the AHL like Pietila and Rooney
- Some size with Bastian, Baddock, Gabriel

Then who knows what Speers and Gignac can bring to the table as well.

I think if the defense and goaltending can be average-to-good, this team could surprise standings-wise. At the very least for us down here in Binghamton, should at least be some exciting hockey.

Can't wait for the season to get going.

Reactions: Zelmo and My3Sons

Zelmo

Jun 18, 2012
Woodstock, GA
I couldn't agree more. I'm so excited that I bought the AHL TV package (really a great deal). I fired it up their app on my AppleTV to test it out and I gotta say, the layout is....not very good. Is this how it always looks? Any help/suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
And before you can sit down they give up a horrible odd man rush goal

Their D keep pinching at the wrong times

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Binghamton looks like they finally have the type of roster needed to play the same way as the NHL team.

Last year it seemed like only the top line was able to play that style and the rest of the team tried to but just couldn't keep up.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Binghamton looks like they finally have the type of roster needed to play the same way as the NHL team.

Last year it seemed like only the top line was able to play that style and the rest of the team tried to but just couldn't keep up.

They have two lines flying so far

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
They have two lines flying so far

They finally have either speed or quality forwards throughout the line-up.

Only line that is a little slower is Rooney's with Bastian and Gabriel on it, but they play a different role and Rooney is a good skater. Not much different than the Devils having Boyle/Noesen on their fourth with Coleman being the burner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad