2018-19 AHL Affiliate San Diego Gulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Gulls up 3-0 halfway through the 2nd. Comtois and Tropp scored, with Lundestrom getting the primary assist on Tropp's goal. Lundestrom has a team leading 5 SOG, and the Gulls have had 5 PPs, while the Condors have had 0 (but they did miss on a penalty shot).

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
@Ducks DVM You've put me in a panic worrying something bad happened to Terry. With the Gulls' twitter saying nothing, I scoured twitter and happily found this..

And this..

Needless to say, the panic has been put on hold :)

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Terry will be a better nhl player than steel ive said it before but I really think so.

Steel being the center may be more of a need tho

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Tropp with 2 goals and a fight. I think Murray brought him in specifically to tantalize Dirk.
What more does he have to do to get a shot? Scores, kills penalties, fights, hits
He's not an enforcer which this forum hates
It's a shame hes not getting a well earned nhl reward. Meanwhile the entire 4th line is a joke

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
What more does he have to do to get a shot? Scores, kills penalties, fights, hits
It's a shame hes not getting a well earned nhl reward. Meanwhile the entire 4th line is a joke
I'd like to see him in over Gibbons, that's for sure

Opak

Nov 28, 2014

Sign an NHL contract. Tropp is on an AHL-only deal, he can't be called up to play in Anaheim.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Good to see Terry producing - not that his skill was ever in doubt. If the guy bulks up and gets an NHL physique for next season, he'll have a very good season.
He is a very fun player to watch(not so much at the NHL level yet)…. I kinda hope we keep him in AHL until next season... let him bulk up and gain some confidence/scoring touch. Right now our AHL roster is really solid with him Steel comtois jones sheerwood lundestrum… its a very good opportunity for all those kids.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Yes everyone knows, he deserves an nhl contract and an opportunity

I'm totally on board with you. He's played 149 games in the NHL, so we know he won't score at the NHL level. But neither does the players on our current 3rd and 4th line, and I do agree Bob Murray hasn't treated Tropp fairly since he came here. This is the 2nd year in a row the Ducks have plenty of injuries and he still doesn't get a cup of coffee in the NHL. If I'm him there's no way I'm taking an AHL deal, or even a 2-way deal with Anaheim, again next summer.

Reactions: AngelDuck
Oct 18, 2011
At this point why not try him? I'd rather see the young guys stay in SD. Maybe getting a hungry career AHL guy would a little more desperation to the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad