Status
Not open for further replies.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
What happened to Terry ?
He tangled awkwardly with a Condor late in the game and was in obvious pain as they worked on him on the bench before taking him to the locker room. Looked like it could have been a shoulder injury - not sure of the degree, but he didn't return to the game.

That's less than optimal for a squad who have been missing Fiore for a few games (he took what looked like a puck to the wrist a few games ago and hasn't been back on the ice), and lost Megna for the game in the first period (rumors say leg injury).

Reactions: Ducks DVM

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Wednesday night will be the first AHL game of Luke Schenn's career. He went into the Leafs lineup right away after he was drafted 5th overall in 2008 and has now appeared in 716 NHL games.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Gulls have called up two defensemen from ECHL Tulsa... this could be a problematic night for them, even though Ontario is in last in the Pacific at the moment. We haven't seen Oleksy in the lineup for a while, and I'm not sure if that's a coach's decision (limited vet spots) or injury.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
This brings a tear to my eye

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 7.55.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 7.55.56 PM.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 47

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
And they have blown the lead.

Max Jones: 10 gp , 3 g, 8 pts, 8 pim and +6
Troy Terry: 10 gp, 7 g, 15 pts, 0 pim, +4
Sam Steel : 6 gp, 1 g, 4 pts , 4 pim, -2
Isac Lundeström: 3 gp, 0 g, 3pts, 0 pim, -1

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Terry is already their best scorer, lol.

Gotta admit Jones has started better than expected.
I think las time we had even close so many exciting new forward prospects in the AHL was when we had Maroon-Bonino-Palmieri line in Norfolk. But this situation has a potential to be so much better.
Terry seems to have that game breaking ability, his skill is so smooth. The goal against the Reign posted above, he makes that little move before dishing the puck in five hole. With his ability to open peoples legs [insert a sexual joke]

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017

I think las time we had even close so many exciting new forward prospects in the AHL was when we had Maroon-Bonino-Palmieri line in Norfolk. But this situation has a potential to be so much better.
Terry seems to have that game breaking ability, his skill is so smooth. The goal against the Reign posted above, he makes that little move before dishing the puck in five hole. With his ability to open peoples legs [insert a sexual joke]

I have no clue why Troy had such problems to score in the NHL.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Btw IIRC Terrys 10 game point streak is longest in Gulls (short) history. He has registered at least a point in all games so far, he`s not just feasting on some bad teams

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

He needs to bulk up significantly and up his defensive game. Also for some reason the puck was exploding off his stick every time he touched it, that’s probably a nerves thing.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Yeah I would say the current threesome (Terry, Steel and Lundestrkm) down there is probably ahead of the Palmieri trio. Palms was the best prospect of the lot of them but Steel and Terry both have higher upside than Bonino (Steel
Imo significantly higher) and Lundestrom should project to be a better player than Maroon.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

This thought reminded me of a former center prospect we had (I've forgotten his name). He was very good at the AHL, but it never translated to the NHL. I think we traded him to Toronto. Oh what was his name? (took me a long minute... Peter Holland, selected 15th overall in the 2009 NHL draft)

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Holland produced on a lower level than Kossila in the AHO, never had a sensational junior season and was streaky as hell. Sam should based on his power play ability alone score more.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Holland produced on a lower level than Kossila in the AHO, never had a sensational junior season and was streaky as hell. Sam should based on his power play ability alone score more.

He will, give it time. I imagine Steels production will start to go up and Terry’s will probably come down slightly as their sample size of games increases.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
He clearly had skill and creativity but struggled when time and space were taken away and when battling with stronger defensemen along the boards. I expect him to be a top 6 winger as he gets bigger and stronger. He looks like he is 15 out there.

Reactions: Exit Dose

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
After a little bit of research, it looks like Comtois' conditioning stint is actually for 14 days, not 3 games. I believe his conditioning started on the 10th, which means either today or tomorrow is his last day. Thus, he is in the Gulls' lineup tonight:

EDIT: Fiore sniped the first goal of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad