Proposal: 2017 Trade Deadline Week: Targets and General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
For a guy that likes stats so much thats a pretty small sample size you are using. Claesson needs more reps the consistency will come. I agree its not an ideal situation and the sens would likely have to go out and get a depth player its probably worth it considering they are losing a D man at expansion no matter what.

I would be much more willing to do a Ceci White 1st deal for Duchene prior to the terrible Burrows deal. Atleast it addresses a true need a first line talent, this team is missing an elite offensive piece not a 4th line agitator. Its a deal that makes sense from a risk perspective on top of addressing a need. Its good asset management which is the opposite of what this management group seems to be about.
The miniscule sample was a big part of my point. There is nothing to suggest he's ready for first line mins but you went out and declared him to have looked pretty darn good in that role.

From a risk perspective, it's very high-risk. We risk throwing away this season with a woeful d corps, and needing to fill that hole next year with less room in the budgeteam, and fewer trade assets.

There certainly is upside to the move, but imo, the offseason is the time to make major change to the d, not the deadline.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
How much depth do we need?

We need scoring. That is it.

The top 6 can score. THe bottom 6 needs to chip in. The fourth line has been an issue all year.

team1200 just said that Dorion is kicking tires on Stalberg. If the Sens bring him in they pretty much built a 4th line over the course of the season.

Stalberg-Wingels-Burrows.

That's a solid as **** fourth line lol

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The miniscule sample was a big part of my point. There is nothing to suggest he's ready for first line mins but you went out and declared him to have looked pretty darn good in that role.

From a risk perspective, it's very high-risk. We risk throwing away this season with a woeful d corps, and needing to fill that hole next year with less room in the budgeteam, and fewer trade assets.

There certainly is upside to the move, but imo, the offseason is the time to make major change to the d, not the deadline.

Its not nearly enough of a sample size to draw a conclusion. Thats the point.

Its much higher risk of losing White and Ceci for nothing.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The top 6 can score. THe bottom 6 needs to chip in. The fourth line has been an issue all year.

team1200 just said that Dorion is kicking tires on Stalberg. If the Sens bring him in they pretty much built a 4th line over the course of the season.

Wingles is aweful. This team needs a first line talent if they want to be a real contender.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

burrows was brought in to play on the 1st or 2nd line

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

Imo, only Turris, Stone and Hoffman are threats to score when it comes to our forwards.

Dzingel can't really finish at all. Brassard is not providing the scoring we thought he would. Smith is doing okay i guess.

That would be a good 4th line though. Just wish we would try to improve our top 6 as well.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
burrows was brought in to play on the 1st or 2nd line

I still refuse to believe that this is actually the case. Burrows seems like the kind of player that can move up and down the lineup as needed - I don't think he will be a mainstay in the Top 6 by any means.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I still refuse to believe that this is actually the case. Burrows seems like the kind of player that can move up and down the lineup as needed - I don't think he will be a mainstay in the Top 6 by any means.

It's just Dorion over-hyping his own moves. He also said O'Dell was an NHL player.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Imo, only Turris, Stone and Hoffman are threats to score.

Dzingel can't really finish at all. Brassard is not providing the scoring we thought he would. Smith is doing okay i guess.

Obviously a top line player would help, what team couldn't use another star forward? But the Senators are clearly not interested in paying the price to acquire a guy like Duchene, and if that price includes white or chabot plus a guy like ceci ++ I can't really blame them

So they patched smaller holes. Albeit at a price that some of these "prospect experts" around here balked at.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
stalberg would be good. that's assuming he would cost less than landeskog. ok pierre?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Funny on smith. You never know how bad anothe teams players are until it's pointed out. At the Alfie game I had a group of wings fans beside me. And they say "Sssssssssmmmmmiiith" in a low growly voice every time he screwed". Man. They were saying it all. Game. Long. They guy did not do a single thing right. Now it was only one game. But damn.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

Lol more AHL depth

My guess is that they want a big body crash and bang type of player. Players that fit that description in the AHL are Luke Gazdic, PC Labrie and Darren Archibald.

I don`t think the Sens are very impressed with their AHL call ups so they likely don`t want to rely on them for extra bodies in the playoffs. Gazdic, Labire and Archibald aren`t highly skilled but they fit with the chippy team identity we are going with and they could possibly be entertaining in the playoffs.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Dreger says that there is apparently no interest in Vanek. Weird if you ask me. Vanek has been good this season. His history is probably playing a part in this.

Maybe Dorion can snag him for cheap?

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
This team needs a 1st line center if it wants to be considered a "contender".

We need one now. We don't need Burrows or another NHL/AHL depth signing/trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad