Proposal: 2017 Trade Deadline Week: Targets and General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Man I wish we'd land a big name player for the top six. I hope we go for Landeskog.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Inside sources confirm the following conversation has happened:

Dorion: Listen Joe, I'm ok with Ceci, White and a 1st for Duchene.

Sakic: Sorry Pierre. Interest in Matty has gone up. We're going to need Burrows, Stalberg and DiDomenico to complete this deal.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Man I wish we'd land a big name player for the top six. I hope we go for Landeskog.

I want a big fish too now if we're doing this. The lineup could be insanely different come thursday.

Lazar out, big fish in, rental D to replace Ceci in. Whew, that's at least 2, potentially 3 more trades that would need to happen. That's a lot to ask.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Neil to the IR. Hide him for the rest of the year there.

even if we phillips neil

Smith-Brassard-Stone
Hoffman-Turris-Dzingel
Burrows-Pageau-Pyatt
Stalberg-Kelly-Wingels
Lazar/DiDomenico

IR:Ryan

Thats potentially 3 extra forwards for when ryan comes back and thats without neil

got to figure we are trading 2 forwards, maybe its for picks or maybe its a 2 for 1 deal

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
even if we phillips neil

Smith-Brassard-Stone
Hoffman-Turris-Dzingel
Burrows-Pageau-Pyatt
Stalberg-Kelly-Wingels
Lazar/DiDomenico

IR:Ryan

Thats potentially 3 extra forwards for when ryan comes back and thats without neil

got to figure we are trading 2 forwards, maybe its for picks or maybe its a 2 for 1 deal

We could also banish a guy to Bingo.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I am expecting one more trade. I am expecting Lazar to be traded out.

After that Dorion will be done.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
We could also banish a guy to Bingo.

i thought DD got a 1 way for this year and a 2 way for next year, if not then we could banish him

but if you look at optics would be bad form to bring him over and send him down without a shot at the nhl considering thats what we offered him (from talks that is)

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
i thought DD got a 1 way for this year and a 2 way for next year, if not then we could banish him

but if you look at optics would be bad form to bring him over and send him down without a shot at the nhl considering thats what we offered him (from talks that is)

Couldn't you waive a Kelly or Neil? I understand it's a harsh move but we are trying to win hockey games.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Couldn't you waive a Kelly or Neil? I understand it's a harsh move but we are trying to win hockey games.

logically we could, but we arent doing that, especially with neil

maybe we trade kelly for a 7th, i doubt we trade neil

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

Not all that interesting. Happens to every team who adds at the deadline that they would exceed the cap at the start of the season if they started with all their deadline acquisitions. Guess this is a foreign feeling to us because we haven't bought a rental since 2013-14 :laugh:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
so how far is
1st + lazar/2nd(via lazar trade) + harpur/jaros + dzingel/gagne?

If we're not giving up Chabot or Ceci try OTT 17' 1st+CHI 17' 1st+Colin White+Ryan Dzingel (Might as well due to expansion)

*(Lazar trade if another team caves, wild guess it is CHI who wants him)

Not saying I WOULD DO THAT. Just saying, I don't think your offer is enough for a player like Landeskog with Sakic's supposed high asking price.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Not all that interesting. Happens to every team who adds at the deadline that they would exceed the cap at the start of the season if they started with all their deadline acquisitions. Guess this is a foreign feeling to us because we haven't bought a rental since 2013-14 :laugh:

Hope the posters who think we can just sign and carry 16 forwards all year because "it wouldn't cost assets to sign them" see this.

#assetmanagement

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Hope the posters who think we can just sign and carry 16 forwards all year because "it wouldn't cost assets to sign them" see this.

#assetmanagement

So signing Stalberg at his 1.5M salary on July 1st would have put us over the cap?

Check the math on that chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad