Proposal: 2017 Trade Deadline Week: Targets and General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
The Senators should build on that chippy style that we saw against the Panthers so they should focus on bringing in some gritty forwards that play with an edge.

There are three classes of players that the Sens could target at the deadline. They are categorized from most expensive to least expensive.

Class 1: Top Six Forwards
The main players that could be available that fit this category are Gabriel Landeskog, Evander Kane and Brayden Schenn

Bottom Six UFA`s
Jarome Iginla, Shane Doan, Chris Kunitz, Alexandre Burrows, Brian Boyle

4th Liners and Extra Depth UFA`s
Steve Ott, Jordin Tootoo, Brett Gallant, Luke Gazdic, Anthony Peluso, Rene Bourque, Shawn Thornton, Cory Conacher, Pierre-Cedric Labrie, Brandon Mashinter, Harry Zolnierczyk

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Is a 1st too much to give up for Labrie? We probably need to act fast on this one.

SawyerFord

Mar 6, 2016
The Senators should build on that chippy style that we saw against the Panthers so they should focus on bringing in some gritty forwards that play with an edge.

There are three classes of players that the Sens could target at the deadline. They are categorized from most expensive to least expensive.

Class 1: Top Six Forwards
The main players that could be available that fit this category are Gabriel Landeskog, Evander Kane and Brayden Schenn

Bottom Six UFA`s
Jarome Iginla, Shane Doan, Chris Kunitz, Alexandre Burrows, Brian Boyle

4th Liners and Extra Depth UFA`s
Steve Ott, Jordin Tootoo, Brett Gallant, Luke Gazdic, Anthony Peluso, Rene Bourque, Shawn Thornton, Cory Conacher, Pierre-Cedric Labrie, Brandon Mashinter, Harry Zolnierczyk

Ugh no to any of those 4th line options. We already have Neil, no need for Thorton, Ott, Gazdic, Conacher, Tootoo.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Vrbata is the only player on my affordable wishlist.

I would trade our first this year for Vrbata(50%) + 2nd this year.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Vrbata is good value, and Grigorenko is big C with huge upside IMO for 2yrs time

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Hoffman - Duchene - Stone
Dzingel - Turris - Ryan
Smith - Brassard - Pyatt
Kelly - Pageau - Lazar

PLEASE GOD PLEASE!!!

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I absolutely don't want Duchene but I'd take Landeskog and give up Lazar, our 1st and maybe White for him

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I absolutely don't want Duchene but I'd take Landeskog and give up White, Lazar and our 1st for him
He might just be the target ,throw smoke and drive up price for COL on Duchene for a more favorable deal on Lando:handclap:

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Ugh no to any of those 4th line options. We already have Neil, no need for Thorton, Ott, Gazdic, Conacher, Tootoo.

The 4th line options are more so we have extra forwards and don`t have to rely on our AHL depth. Nick Paul is the only good player in the AHL that we could use in the playoffs if need be. Maybe if we sign White he could be an option as well. But other than that we basically have Varone, Bailey, Mcormick and Blunden. If we wanted added physicality and grit I am not sure if any of our AHL options aside from Paul could help. It might be worthwhile to make an AHL trade for another gritty forward who could possibly play a 4th line role if need be.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Landeskog / Duchene ... doubt we go there.

Sharp / Vrbata would be good to play in the middle 6; moving a player down a line.

Burrows for the bottom 6. I'd use him to upgrade the 4th line. He could play 3rd line as well.

Hansen would be a good fit , but impacts expansion expose/protect list.
Boyle would be great but would likely cost a first to land him and hes a UFA.

UFAs ... Sharp/Vrbata/Burrows would be my top 3 thqat we do not need to break the bank for

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Landeskog / Duchene ... doubt we go there.

Sharp / Vrbata would be good to play in the middle 6; moving a player down a line.

Burrows for the bottom 6. I'd use him to upgrade the 4th line. He could play 3rd line as well.

Hansen would be a good fit , but impacts expansion expose/protect list.
Boyle would be great but would likely cost a first to land him and hes a UFA.

UFAs ... Sharp/Vrbata/Burrows would be my top 3 thqat we do not need to break the bank for
I think we will stay in it to the end ,if only to drive up price.But in the end i cant see us parting with what is being rumored.Maybe it will be someone totally off board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->