Transfer: 2017 Summer Transfers and Rumors Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Joyce saying Coutinho has apparently gone so far as to say he does not want to play for LFC again.

Good let him rot on the bench.

Also waiting for Evilo to come in here and rip on Klopp and to compare this to Sakho somehow.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The reason they aren't selling Coutinho has nothing to do with signing other players.

They want to send a message that when players sign a five year contract in February they will not be bullied into selling them in August.

I think that has been made abundantly clear from several clubs regarding anti-bullying. However if Liverpool were proactive they would be able to reinvest and improve the team. If there is a Godfather offer (that they can't refuse) they should take it provided they can replace effectively.

I think the way the transfer market is going is that teams are going to keep their long term signed players unless their release clauses get tripped. Teams are going to have to pay the full release clauses because people aren't going to negotiate any more.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Speaking of Sakho, West Brom apparently back in the mix.

I think it's fair to ask how Sakho is rated when the likes of Palace and West Brom are the only ones linked.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Doesn´t worry me. I agree ideally you would want a balance, but if one due to injuries have to play three right footed CDs - that isn´t the end of the world. It would only be stupid if you plan with your three best CDs all being right footed. Especially since Pochettino likes the long diagonal pass from the back.

Sanchez - Alderweireld - Dier/CCV would still be among the better back 3s in the league if Sanchez can live up to his hype (I don´t know him much at all - not completely convinced with his abilities on the ball).

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Which can be translated to that he wants to play in London and get regular minutes.

Just think if he didnt decide to act like a child he could have been the 1st CB on a champions league team, now the only teams that want him are middle to low end clubs.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Doesn´t worry me. I agree ideally you would want a balance, but if one due to injuries have to play three right footed CDs - that isn´t the end of the world. It would only be stupid if you plan with your three best CDs all being right footed. Especially since Pochettino likes the long diagonal pass from the back.

Sanchez - Alderweireld - Dier/CCV would still be among the better back 3s in the league if Sanchez can live up to his hype (I don´t know him much at all - not completely convinced with his abilities on the ball).

Sanchez-Toby-Verts-Trippier-Dier allows them to not have to throw CCV to the wolves, they have options again.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

From what I understand Sanchez is confident on the ball. Likes to carry it up the pitch. A bit too confident occasionally, but he has good pace for a centre half to largely make up for it.

I'm more intrigued how our defense will look with somebody who closes down so aggresively.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
From what I understand Sanchez is confident on the ball. Likes to carry it up the pitch. A bit too confident occasionally, but he has good pace for a centre half to largely make up for it.

I'm more intrigued how our defense will look with somebody who closes down so aggresively.

Oh yeah he is confident. A bit like the young Zlatan would have played if he had been a CD. It took Luiz quite a long time to figure out that balance in the PL (someone with a somewhat similar style).

He doesn´t strike the ball very cleanly. Not the end of the world for a CD, but....

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Sanchez-Toby-Verts-Trippier-Dier allows them to not have to throw CCV to the wolves, they have options again.

Absolutely. Wanted van Dijk before the window. Sanchez is similar I guess. Exactly where I think the team needed strengthening the most.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Good move for Foyth. He can learn a great deal from Poch.

Would he be getting a lot of game time or are the Spurs deep at CB?

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Good move for Foyth. He can learn a great deal from Poch.

Would he be getting a lot of game time or are the Spurs deep at CB?

Vertonghen and Alderweireld are seen as two of the best in the League. We just signed Davinson Sanchez. Dier plays there occasionally (maybe less so now). We still have Wimmer (most likely to be sold). Carter-Vickers is another decently touted prospect. To note is that we play three at the back quite often.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Sanchez
CCV
Foyth

And for some odd reason Pochettino seems to like Dier as a CD as well. Foyth might play the odd game in the league cup - at best this season (realistically). That said Pochettino will move people up/down the pecking order on merit so... Sissoko was out of the team very quickly when he didn´t perform even with all the money spent on him. It would be up to Foyth.

Btw do not agree that CCV isn´t ready. Made a stupid mistake in the pre-season, but hardly a big thing.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Good let him rot on the bench.

Also waiting for Evilo to come in here and rip on Klopp and to compare this to Sakho somehow.

Didn't plan to but since you ask....
One criticizes his coach and wants out.
The other wants to stay and would give his all for his team.

Really uncomparable.

Anyway about Draxler... He doesn't want to move. Messi is trying to get Adm to sign with Barca. We'll see.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Anyway about Draxler... He doesn't want to move. Messi is trying to get Adm to sign with Barca. We'll see.

Sometimes I have to shake my head at all the conflicting reports. Just today I was reading that it was him who asked his agent to arrange for a move. Or just now I read that PSG want 32m pounds for him and in the same article it even mentions that they bought him for 35.5 seven months ago. Do these people even think about what they're writing? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot