Transfer: 2017 Summer Transfers and Rumors Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Still think we need to sign a Kovacic/Seri/Zielinski for the midfield if we're going to be playing the 4-3-3. It's just kind of imbalanced without Coutinho/Lallana in it. That said I wouldn't mind trying Firmino out as part of that midfield 3 either; I think he has a lot of attributes that would work very well in that spot.

Joyce saying Coutinho has apparently gone so far as to say he does not want to play for LFC again.

The feeling is mutual. Little punk can go kick rocks.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Let's just give Tottenham the title and CL.

Best defence and offence EVER!!

How many South American defenders do well in the EPL?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Maybe even all of Europe that year.
Oh really? They shined so much last year. Especially in Europe indeed.

Ramos/Varane?
Pique/Umtiti?
Thiago Silva/Marquinhos?
Boateng/Hummels?
Godin/Savic?

Heck, if you look at european performance mainly, Glik/Jemerson?

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

Ramos/Varane?
Pique/Umtiti?
Thiago Silva/Marquinhos?
Boateng/Hummels?
Godin/Savic?

He's an Arsenal supporter mocking Spurs supporters.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He's an Arsenal supporter mocking Spurs supporters.

Nope. Results speak for themselves.

Oh really?

Yes. They conceded the 2nd least goals against per game last season, only behind Bayern Munich who are way ahead of everyone else at every other position in their league.

You've not seen Rob Holding then

Still won more trophies than Spurs have in last 9.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The more I watch of Seri the more I think he'd be the perfect player to have to balance out the midfield if he can manage his condition in England. He doesn't seem to be in that interested in scoring goals (though 7 is a nice tally I think a bunch were from set pieces?), but his passing is sublime, he rarely loses the ball and he's capable of creating space for himself.

The Reds recently joined Arsenal in the race for the midfielder by making contact with Nice officials.

And it seems talks are going well between the two clubs with the French outfit said to open to selling Seri if a respectable offer comes in.

Seri is under contract with the Ligue 1 outfit until 2019 and has a release clause of €40 million (£36.6m), Nice president Jean-Pierre Rivere confirmed back in May.

French sources at TransferMarketWeb claim the Reds are 'about to seal the deal' that will see Klopp pip Arsene Wenger to his signature.

I think if there's any sale of him it'll be after Nice are officially eliminated from the CL (assuming that Napoli finish the job). Could see him coming to Liverpool if that's the case. If it is and he were to line up behind Firmino/Salah/Mane that would look very nice for Liverpool I think. Coutinho can go **** off.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Seri's comparison is Xavi. Cuts passing lanes extremely well, works hard in the shadow, gives his team breathing room either by keeping the ball or passing to a teammate in a free zone.
And of course, can do some big damage in the opponent's box through flicks, quick passing in small space and agility.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I don't think I'll soon forget how Barca opted for 29 year old Paulinho for an outrageous fee over Seri. Christ that was awful.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don't think I'll soon forget how Barca opted for 29 year old Paulinho for an outrageous fee over Seri. Christ that was awful.

Yeah watching more of Seri I can't help but feel like this makes close to 0 sense. Not that Paulinho is some awful player but Seri seems like he'd fit in at Barcelona perfectly; better than Coutinho for sure.

Like if they had replaced Neymar with Dembele/Dybala and Seri I could have seen them maybe better off than last season. I'm also in the camp that thinks Dembele has a higher ceiling than Neymar.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal

Ramos/Varane?
Pique/Umtiti?
Thiago Silva/Marquinhos?
Boateng/Hummels?
Godin/Savic?

Why did you intentionally overlook the best defense in europe in the past 3 years Chiellini-Bonucci?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Such a weird thing to say.

Paying more for Mbappe than was paid for Neymar would be kinda dumb, so that basically leaves Ronaldo and Messi as the only players remotely worth breaking the record for.

I think he is talking about Messi, not Mbappe; but it won't be this summer.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I think he is talking about Messi, not Mbappe; but it won't be this summer.

I think Messi makes the most sense too, especially given the newest news about him not having signed the deal yet, but it's still odd timing to say.

If he's hinting about next summer, it's a spectacular way to get your club sanctioned for tapping up a player, if he's talking about this summer, unless they're paying the release clause for Messi he's not moving.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Is it known how high Messi's realease clause is?

I think I remember it being reported that Messi's release was around 300m but don't ask me where I saw that.

Either was, to City that's pennies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think Messi makes the most sense too, especially given the newest news about him not having signed the deal yet, but it's still odd timing to say.

If he's hinting about next summer, it's a spectacular way to get your club sanctioned for tapping up a player, if he's talking about this summer, unless they're paying the release clause for Messi he's not moving.

Well he didn't say anyone's name. Just to "be patient". Mbappe isn't a name to upstage Neymar though.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Messi would be free next summer if he doesn't re-sign so that isn't breaking any transfer records. His release clause now is at 215m pounds.

Everyone at Madrid is 500m or higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad