Transfer: 2017 Summer Transfers and Rumors Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
For what it's worth, there's no clear note that any bid has come in for Sakho this summer.

Liverpool have what they want, but it would probably get the ball rolling if a club at least put in an offer that's somewhat decent.

In this market, if they can't at least submit a 20-22 million bid, with some add ons, what's the point?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Not really sure how that is ethical or legal, but it just means no one besides LFC will pay their price tag, and they are being spiteful.

Not even close.

Liverpool were prepared to make VVD the most expensively transferred CB of all time, offering a more than fair price. Sakho will be sold as soon as someone pays what Liverpool is asking for. Also Sakho has not submitted a transfer request, and Van Dijk hadn't done anything to lose the faith of the manager the previous season.

Indeed it's not close.
In one case, a player is sent to youth teams even though he's at the very least second best defenseman on the team and loves the team as well and forced to be there until he accepts a loan.

In the other case, a player under contract throws a tantrum for his contract to be breached even though the team is not selling. The team refuses to breach the contract and sends him to the reserves.

Indeed, not close. Though I do know where the "nonethical" comes from.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
For what it's worth, there's no clear note that any bid has come in for Sakho this summer.

Liverpool have what they want, but it would probably get the ball rolling if a club at least put in an offer that's somewhat decent.

In this market, if they can't at least submit a 20-22 million bid, with some add ons, what's the point?

Pool is asking for 30M. For someone they rejected to the youth teams.
It'd be like asking for a top line player for a defenseman playing in AHL in hockey.

Makes zero sense.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo

Wolfsburg trying to get Malcom, Bordeaux wants 30m. Bordeaux already brought Cafu from Ludogorets as a possible replacement.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

I can't see him nor Auba. :dunno:

Auba's head is concealed. Pretty sure that's him in the second row right above the keepers. Grainier photo from a different angle:

DGyP6jAXUAAhirN.jpg

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Seems quite right. He wasn't leaving anyway. The exclusion of Dembele is interesting though.

Dembele is in the grainier photo I posted as well, but like Auba also obscured in the one you posted. Pretty sure he is in the first row third from the left. The BVB reporter that mentioned that Mor was not in the photo (or the BVB official account which noted his absence)would have presumably also mentioned if Dembele were excluded too.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Dembele is in the grainier photo I posted as well, but like Auba also obscured in the one you posted. Pretty sure he is in the first row third from the left. The BVB reporter that mentioned that Mor was not in the photo (or the BVB official account which noted his absence)would have presumably also mentioned if Dembele were excluded too.

I'm blind...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm not saying that Southampton is in the wrong, because realistically speaking he's under contract and there's no release clause (I think) so they don't have to sell him. I'm happy to see more teams taking this stance to be honest.

With that said the Sakho and van Dijk situations are not the same at all and I'm not really sure why they're being compared. Sakho is the 3rd best defender on Liverpool, and he would be a nice depth option to have, but the team doesn't want him and Sakho refused to sign for other teams that did bid on him despite knowing he wouldn't play for us anymore. van Dijk would be the best player on Southampton but he doesn't want to play for them anymore and Southampton doesn't want to sell him. It is what it is and Sakho has a right to refuse being sold while Southampton has their right to refuse to sell. Both are within the rights of their contracts but the situations are completely different.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
With that said the Sakho and van Dijk situations are not the same at all and I'm not really sure why they're being compared.

Because someone said it was unethical to keep a player under contract, while Liverpool's ethics with Sakho are laughable compared to the VD situation.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Because someone said it was unethical to keep a player under contract, while Liverpool's ethics with Sakho are laughable compared to the VD situation.

How are their ethics laughable? They don't want to keep him, he knows this, he refused to be sold to another team, and now other teams won't meet Liverpool's valuation knowing that they won't play him. He made his bed there's not really anything unethical about it (and there's nothing unethical about Southampton keeping vvD either).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->