Transfer: 2017 Summer Transfers and Rumors Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Technically Liverpool didn't even bid for Van Dijk lol

Sure, you know what I meant though. Regardless of what any team bid, Southampton was going to reject it.

A better example would be saying that Liverpool didn't bid enough for Keita. It didn't really matter what they bid, Keita wasn't going to be sold.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Sure, you know what I meant though. Regardless of what any team bid, Southampton was going to reject it.

A better example would be saying that Liverpool didn't bid enough for Keita. It didn't really matter what they bid, Keita wasn't going to be sold.

Understandable.

My point is LFC can afford to pay his release clause and just take care of business and still be under budget.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Understandable.

My point is LFC can afford to pay his release clause and just take care of business and still be under budget.

And only a select few clubs want to just overpay and make a bad business move, and on top of that, it's pretty hard pulling players out of Italy, so it's not that simple of a move.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
And only a select few clubs want to just overpay and make a bad business move, and on top of that, it's pretty hard pulling players out of Italy, so it's not that simple of a move.

If you pay the release clause it's very simple.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He'd have to agree to the move, and it's hard to pull players from Italy. Would you rather live in Naples or Liverpool?

So they should just quit and not try to get anyone. Got it. No where except London is an overly attractive location in England. Doesn't seem to prevent transfers to Manchester. Salah came from Rome which is much nicer than Naples by the way.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

Any player is available for the right price.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Any player is available for the right price.

The way the transfer market is going it will be release clause or bust. Clubs will need to have the appetite for this. Everyone is rich now so no one is going to be desperate to sell.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
According to kicker Hoffenheim and Dortmund are planning some kind of trade.

Jeremy Toljan (Hoffenheim) to Dortmund (fee might be above 5m).
Felix Passlack (Dortmund) to Hoffenheim on loan.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...ausch-geplant_toljan-kommt-passlack-geht.html

Details of the deal need to be worked out yet.

I like this a lot in the short term. Helps with the injury problems at LB and will improve depth at RB. Long-term, I'd prefer someone with higher potential.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I like this a lot in the short term. Helps with the injury problems at LB and will improve depth at RB. Long-term, I'd prefer someone with higher potential.

Long-term though, Passlack will hopefully be able to be a starter, and Toljan can be his main back up, can also back up at LB, so it would just be for a season or two to make sure Piszczek has to step up his play to retain a spot.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007

I like it because as you say it helps now and it gives time to evaluate Passlack, who struggled in preseason.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Long-term though, Passlack will hopefully be able to be a starter, and Toljan can be his main back up, can also back up at LB, so it would just be for a season or two to make sure Piszczek has to step up his play to retain a spot.

Passlack hasn't shown enough yet to be considered Piszczek's heir. They could have used a right-footed Guerreiro type player.

I like it because as you say it helps now and it gives time to evaluate Passlack, who struggled in preseason.

Yeah. It's also great from Passlack's perspective. He gets to work with Nagelsmann, who has honestly worked miracles with the technical ability of a lot of his players. If Passlack can develop his passing under Nagelsmann like Vogt has, he will come back with a strong case for a starting spot.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Good. Pulisic can convince Toljan to switch to USA national team hopefully :)

Jul 7, 2009
Watzke had some harsh words for Segura in regards to his comments about being close to signing Coutinho and Demeble.

"I can’t explain what Pep Segura says. Maybe it’s because Real played his team dizzy in the Supercup."

Costa said he has no intention of coming back and will head to Madrid as soon as he can. Comes during rumours of them possibly pursuing legal options against Costa.

Not sure if the quote is correct word for word. It's a quote off Reddit.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Watzke had some harsh words for Segura in regards to his comments about being close to signing Coutinho and Demeble.

"I can’t explain what Pep Segura says. Maybe it’s because Real played his team dizzy in the Supercup."

Costa said he has no intention of coming back and will head to Madrid as soon as he can. Comes during rumours of them possibly pursuing legal options against Costa.

Looks right to me.

Barca management aren't fooling anyone after that performance this week. They need reinforcements and everyone knows it.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Barca management aren't fooling anyone after that performance this week. They need reinforcements and everyone knows it.

Everyone knew it at the start of the summer even before the Neymar saga. Everyone except Barca's management apparently

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

:rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad