Transfer: 2017 Summer Transfers and Rumors Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Some interesting things I've come across about Paulinho after his transfer:

-Barça's president Bartomeu is the CEO of ADELTE Group which does projects with airports, seaports, etc. So the company is apparently expanding into China and are bidding on a project that the Evergrande Group is having done. Paulinho's club in China was Guangzhou Evergrande. So it'll be interesting if this ADELTE Group wins the bid for the project. Transfer looks really fishy when you take that into consideration. Just further proof Bartomeu needs to go immediately.

-Paulinho was pretty successful in China. Read a piece in The Guardian that said he won the league twice and the Asian CL as well. I've already touched on his goalscoring record, but he scored 25 goals in 95 matches.

-Paulinho is apparently pretty generous. Piece in The Sun said gave away his Mercedes to his driver when he left. He also paid for his personal physician's son to have surgery, flew the entire family over to China to live and more. He also wore a Chapecoense armband even after he was told not to.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I feel like there have been rumours of Luan coming to Europe for years now. Wonder if it'll ever happen.

True. If he was playing for SPFC or Santos the hype would be absurd and I doubt he would last that long in the country. He's the real deal. Now that's been called up to the NT, European clubs probably gonna come hard after him. I just hope he doesn't go to Russia like Giuliano did, he's good enough to play for a good Seria A/Bundesliga/Ligue 1/La Liga team.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I know Liverpool were connected with him a few times also. Don't know enough about him and have only really seen highlights so I can't say if it'd be a good buy or not.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I wouldn't go that far. Roman still wants them to play a particular style of play and win. He's not like a Kroenke owner.

I don't know about the style part. A large part of their successful seasons in the past was done by playing boring football.

And he isn't as bad as Kroenke but the plan all along was to make Chelsea self sufficient. I won't be surprised if he sells the club in the future after the stadium is built.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I know Liverpool were connected with him a few times also. Don't know enough about him and have only really seen highlights so I can't say if it'd be a good buy or not.

yeah, I saw those rumors too. Funny cause I think he's really similar to Firmino in terms of versatility (Luan a bit better technically and faster). He is a really skinny fellow, though don't know if he would adapt well in PL, especially if used as a 9.

A player that European clubs should try to grab is Paulinho from Vasco, same academy that produced Coutinho. Only 17 years old, saw some talk that Inter, Juve and City are already scouting him. Vinicius Jr gets all the hype, but Paulinho has performed better than him at the senior level so far, both from 2000.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't know about the style part. A large part of their successful seasons in the past was done by playing boring football.

And he isn't as bad as Kroenke but the plan all along was to make Chelsea self sufficient. I won't be surprised if he sells the club in the future after the stadium is built.

He's always wanted to try and build a team to play pretty football, but it's always failed, so he ends up going back to what works because he wants to win more. His last big push was with AVB, and that backfired miserably, but that was always his desire.

Every owner would want their club to be self-sufficient, it's unsustainable to just continue to lose millions and millions from a business aspect. He's also not an owner that is going to sacrifice long-term club success just to make a buck.

In the long-game, he's already made a ton of money from the club when he decides to sell. When you factor in what he bought the club for, and even adding in the annual loses in the early days, he still comes out way ahead for what Chelsea is currently valued at and what they could be sold for.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Some interesting things I've come across about Paulinho after his transfer:

-Barça's president Bartomeu is the CEO of ADELTE Group which does projects with airports, seaports, etc. So the company is apparently expanding into China and are bidding on a project that the Evergrande Group is having done. Paulinho's club in China was Guangzhou Evergrande. So it'll be interesting if this ADELTE Group wins the bid for the project. Transfer looks really fishy when you take that into consideration. Just further proof Bartomeu needs to go immediately.

-Paulinho was pretty successful in China. Read a piece in The Guardian that said he won the league twice and the Asian CL as well. I've already touched on his goalscoring record, but he scored 25 goals in 95 matches.

-Paulinho is apparently pretty generous. Piece in The Sun said gave away his Mercedes to his driver when he left. He also paid for his personal physician's son to have surgery, flew the entire family over to China to live and more. He also wore a Chapecoense armband even after he was told not to.

If this ends up happening... well, whatever.

Paulinho seems like a nice guy. Will never live up to his price tag but will be good as a sub, it's just maddening that so much money is spent on a back-up player

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Imagine if Neymar did that instead of thumping Juve and co in preseason?
He's already hated by numerous Barca fans.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Yeah, that's great, but it changes little. If Dembele hadn't skipped training he'd still be public enemy #1 for wanting out. Ditto Coutinho for putting in a transfer request. They might not get as much criticism had they done it differently, but they'd still be criticized either way.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

And he will always be "hated". Will be even more "hated" when he moves to Madrid in 3-5 years.
A lot of barça fans cannot accept that one of their players goes to another team because of money. They're not used to it happening, especially when it's a top player.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
You're acting very naive if you think it's a coincidence. I know you know better.

Call me naive. I don't know. I don't discount that the club surely could have told their agents "look, we can't make this deal happen as it stands now." Did they tell them "skip training" or "refuse to play" though? I'm not sure.

The coincidence shouldn't be a surprise when you consider both players want to leave and their clubs are asking astronomical fees. So it shouldn't be a surprise if both players are trying to secure a move by decisions of their own. Both players are in very similar situations so that too is a coincidence. However Verratti didn't do that.

I think Dembele's decision to skip training was disgraceful. Coutinho's situation looks slightly different. Where there's smoke there's fire, but we don't know if he said that to Klopp. If he did then that's disgraceful as well. The players should honor their contracts and let this be a lesson to them when signing for clubs they may not see as being their most preferred club.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I know Barcelona usually gets what they want but some part of me just wish that Liverpool don't budge and keep Coutinho.

All of me wishes that would happen.

And he will always be "hated". Will be even more "hated" when he moves to Madrid in 3-5 years.

I would love it he moved to Madrid in 3-5 years.

I find that a lot of supporters were irrational to a degree when it came to Neymar. That said he did secure the move while still under contract with Barça and he lied about it after the fact.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Really interesting video, talks about other situations beyond Arsenal like football in general including the future of transfers.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Coutinho did report to training today.

According to Bundesliga expert Lee Price, Dortmund have agreed to sell Dembele but they just need to hammer out a price, which he claims means Barca "won't have the money" to buy Coutinho as well

Mundo Deportivo saying Coutinho is "a matter of hours" while Dembele is more complicated.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG's young midfielder Callegari will sign an extension and then be loaned to Zenith without a buying option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad