Transfer: 2017 Summer Transfers and Rumors Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
West Ham haggling over €5 million for Carvalho.

They'll end up getting no one else in classic West Ham fashion and the Davids will drone on and on about how hard they tried. I've seen this movie before.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Can someone direct me to the discussion about an 18 million pound bid for Jonny Evans by Pepball being rejected? Thanks.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Arsenalfantv: Man City's 45 million pound bid for Alexis Sanchez has been rejected. Rumours are that Man City will increase it to 60 million pounds. Wenger on the other hand said he's NOT for sale since a replacement for him is not available (cough*Lemar*cough).

I wonder if Arsenal go back for Draxler since they were 95% close of getting him a couple summers back. Besides this, almost ZERO news for any other player coming in for the Arsenal.

I liked Gabriel and would have been an awesome CB from the bench. If Arsenal sell him, Chambers, and Jenkinson, that makes us awfully weak in the CB position. Then we would have the likes of Mertesacker (oh God no), Koscielny, Holding, and Mustafi as just the CB's.

Kolasinac has all the qualities and strengths you want for a CB, but I don't think he's ever played there in his life.

We still have a lot of players who could be sold; Debuchy, Chambers, Campbell, and Perez. Others, but I doubt they'll move are Gibbs, Wilshere, and Coquelin.

Kola played CB as a youth, but it was easier to break into the senior team at LB and he's played there ever since.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Its a world cup year, he has to produce, or he wont be named to the Brazilian squad.

Also true.

Virgil was not even named to the latest Dutch squad because he is on strike and isn't match ready.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
The growth he's made since arriving there as an uninspiring 6 is really something. He reads the action so nicely from that neo-sweeper role and his confidence & competence on the ball has grown immensely. I'm sure Nagelsmann's organization taking pressure off him to make tough decisions helps, but his technical growth has been significant as well.

With him & Hubner that TSG back three just needs Bicakcic, Nordveit or one of the kids (Hoogma / Akpoguma) to really make the third spot their own...and for Grillitsch / Geiger to establish themselves in the Rudy role between the back 3 and the front 6.

Yeah, he turned into one of the best CBs in the Bundesliga last year. Really nice player.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I hope..I hope if one of them go, they sell Jan and give Toby a massive raise. He's younger and better.

Sure, but seems more realistic that Alderweireld wants to move at some point.

Also got to say Vertonghen impressed me last season. Not been his biggest fan, but he was fantastic last year.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

Percy is the Bouhafsi of The Midlands. Also hearing that the Sanchez deal is as good as done.

Edit: Rumours of reported fees are worrying me a bit.

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Sure, but seems more realistic that Alderweireld wants to move at some point.

Also got to say Vertonghen impressed me last season. Not been his biggest fan, but he was fantastic last year.

No doubt, he was great. But he's 2 years younger and seems to stay healthier. But you're likely correct

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
What is happening? 15m for Wimmer?

So he has tripled his value by sitting on the Spurs bench? He did well in those dozen games 1.5 years ago, but been poor since (not playing much of course). Decent player with some potential, but why this demand?

How can you lose if are a top club and can sell your squad players for significantly more than you paid for them?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

raw

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
£32m for Draxler is his price. Come on man. Sign him.

Also, Southampton's new owners bought the club on debt and need sales to sign players. No money for signings whatsoever. So, van Dijk will probably go somewhere. No idea where.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
£32m for Draxler is his price. Come on man. Sign him.

Also, Southampton's new owners bought the club on debt and need sales to sign players. No money for signings whatsoever. So, van Dijk will probably go somewhere. No idea where.

Yeah I mean. It's not always this easy, but this is easy.

We know Klopp rates the player, we know PSG wants to sell and it's under budget. Come on people.

Liverpool would do well to keep an eye on whoever else PSG has to jettison.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Considering Firmino can be dropped back to midfield when Liverpool is desperate for another midfielder, if you told me that Liverpool would sign Draxler and a good CB before the window shut without losing Coutinho, I would be pleased.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Was it the same issue Milan were having with the Bonucci transfer?

Sport Italia reported Mor's agent was getting greedy on his specific fee for the transfer. I don't know exactly what happened with Bonucci, but they have different agents. Bosz claimed the transfer falling apart had nothing to do with Dortmund, which alludes to a problem either with Inter, the player or the agent.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Considering Firmino can be dropped back to midfield when Liverpool is desperate for another midfielder, if you told me that Liverpool would sign Draxler and a good CB before the window shut without losing Coutinho, I would be pleased.

Firmino isn't playing CM. He is too tactically important to Klopp up front. They are screaming for a player like Draxler.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I liked Gabriel and would have been an awesome CB from the bench. If Arsenal sell him, Chambers, and Jenkinson, that makes us awfully weak in the CB position. Then we would have the likes of Mertesacker (oh God no), Koscielny, Holding, and Mustafi as just the CB's.

Kolasinac has all the qualities and strengths you want for a CB, but I don't think he's ever played there in his life.

We still have a lot of players who could be sold; Debuchy, Chambers, Campbell, and Perez. Others, but I doubt they'll move are Gibbs, Wilshere, and Coquelin.

You can see the natural athleticism that reminds one of Koscielny, but he just hasn't played enough or regularly to truly adapt in England; injury has also hampered that as well.

I wish him the best at Valencia.

I would suggest now Chambers would likely be staying, IMO as he should regardless of how many CB's are played.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
So Barcelona did a big thing about Messi's contract and it turns out that he never signed one. It expires in 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad