Transfer: 2017 Summer Transfers and Rumors Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
So they should just quit and not try to get anyone. Got it. No where except London is an overly attractive location in England. Doesn't seem to prevent transfers to Manchester. Salah came from Rome which is much nicer than Naples by the way.

Why do you act in absolutes? Just wait and freak out once the window closes.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...million-move-west-brom/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

Tottenham Hotspur defender Kevin Wimmer is in talks over a £15 million move to West Bromwich Albion.

Signed for £4.3 million from FC Koln in May 2015, Wimmer made only four Premier League starts under Mauricio Pochettino last season. His departure suggests that Spurs could be making progress in their attempts to sign Davinson Sanchez from Ajax.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...million-move-west-brom/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

Tottenham Hotspur defender Kevin Wimmer is in talks over a £15 million move to West Bromwich Albion.

Signed for £4.3 million from FC Koln in May 2015, Wimmer made only four Premier League starts under Mauricio Pochettino last season. His departure suggests that Spurs could be making progress in their attempts to sign Davinson Sanchez from Ajax.

And he was in talks with Southampton over a 22M euro move a few days ago. Not sure what to trust. I do find it weird that we would want to make Vertonghen our only left-footed defender.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
An ideal finish to Chelsea's window would be Matic, Ake, Chalobah, Traore, and possibly RLC. All would be reasonably affordable in today's market and provide the proper depth and enough quality to fill out the squad. Hopefully they can complete those signings in time.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
And he was in talks with Southampton over a 22M euro move a few days ago. Not sure what to trust. I do find it weird that we would want to make Vertonghen our only left-footed defender.

Don't you know? Tottenham is only allowed to have center backs from Ajax. Duh.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Passlack hasn't shown enough yet to be considered Piszczek's heir. They could have used a right-footed Guerreiro type player.

Yeah. It's also great from Passlack's perspective. He gets to work with Nagelsmann, who has honestly worked miracles with the technical ability of a lot of his players. If Passlack can develop his passing under Nagelsmann like Vogt has, he will come back with a strong case for a starting spot.

Speaking of, god damn has Vogt become a good player under Nagelsmann.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

He really stood out to me in the Liverpool game. Made quite a few very important interventions and was quite calm with the ball and mobile.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Vogt impressed the heck out of me midweek. I don't know if he can play in a traditional back 4, but he does wonders in that formation. People his size shouldn't be able to move like that.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

Less weird than not selling Wimmer for 15m.

Ideally you want one left footed CD - especially in a 3-4-3, but it's not a huge problem playing with three right footed players. It's not like in the old days when many defenders could only pass and tackle with one foot.

On a hockey forum - best player available - then sort out the rest. Alderweireld might be gone in 12 months. Get a left footed guy then.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Watzke had some harsh words for Segura in regards to his comments about being close to signing Coutinho and Demeble.

"I can’t explain what Pep Segura says. Maybe it’s because Real played his team dizzy in the Supercup."

Costa said he has no intention of coming back and will head to Madrid as soon as he can. Comes during rumours of them possibly pursuing legal options against Costa.

Not sure if the quote is correct word for word. It's a quote off Reddit.

I don't think they are making Liverpool or Dortmund more eager to sell with these kind of statements. They have a history of questionble method when signing players in the past(Fabregas for example) and they are proving it once again

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
On a hockey forum - best player available - then sort out the rest. Alderweireld might be gone in 12 months. Get a left footed guy then.

I hope..I hope if one of them go, they sell Jan and give Toby a massive raise. He's younger and better.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He really stood out to me in the Liverpool game. Made quite a few very important interventions and was quite calm with the ball and mobile.

Vogt impressed the heck out of me midweek. I don't know if he can play in a traditional back 4, but he does wonders in that formation. People his size shouldn't be able to move like that.

The growth he's made since arriving there as an uninspiring 6 is really something. He reads the action so nicely from that neo-sweeper role and his confidence & competence on the ball has grown immensely. I'm sure Nagelsmann's organization taking pressure off him to make tough decisions helps, but his technical growth has been significant as well.

With him & Hubner that TSG back three just needs Bicakcic, Nordveit or one of the kids (Hoogma / Akpoguma) to really make the third spot their own...and for Grillitsch / Geiger to establish themselves in the Rudy role between the back 3 and the front 6.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Barcelona are going to implode this season.

Still, I really don't want Coutinho anymore after the antics he's pulled. If he's acted like this throughout this transfer 'saga' then I'm not overly confident he'll be performing the way he should be on the pitch. Maybe he proves me wrong, but I'd still prefer to bring in a replacement for him now.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden

Think they might keep to struggle. Messi(and Suarez) aint getting any younger. And besides MSN last season they were not that good. Average keeper, average defenders and average midfielders(well you get my point. They are still good players but not good enough to win La Liga or Champions League if it weren't for MSN). MSN carried them the last few years. Once Messi starts regressing they have to find quality players at different positions

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Still, I really don't want Coutinho anymore after the antics he's pulled. If he's acted like this throughout this transfer 'saga' then I'm not overly confident he'll be performing the way he should be on the pitch. Maybe he proves me wrong, but I'd still prefer to bring in a replacement for him now.
If he wants to leave, he'll play well in order to stay in the shop window. Like Suarez and countless others.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Like i said before, players like Coutinho and Dembélé have 0 leverage.They can pout as much as they want as they just hurt themselves in the end.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

It would be great if Liverpool did...something

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenalfantv: Man City's 45 million pound bid for Alexis Sanchez has been rejected. Rumours are that Man City will increase it to 60 million pounds. Wenger on the other hand said he's NOT for sale since a replacement for him is not available (cough*Lemar*cough).

I wonder if Arsenal go back for Draxler since they were 95% close of getting him a couple summers back. Besides this, almost ZERO news for any other player coming in for the Arsenal.

I liked Gabriel and would have been an awesome CB from the bench. If Arsenal sell him, Chambers, and Jenkinson, that makes us awfully weak in the CB position. Then we would have the likes of Mertesacker (oh God no), Koscielny, Holding, and Mustafi as just the CB's.

Kolasinac has all the qualities and strengths you want for a CB, but I don't think he's ever played there in his life.

We still have a lot of players who could be sold; Debuchy, Chambers, Campbell, and Perez. Others, but I doubt they'll move are Gibbs, Wilshere, and Coquelin.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Some of the really really stupid decisions in the past are biting Barca in the ass right now. Like why the **** did they sell Thiago? They could've used him now.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007

Its a world cup year, he has to produce, or he wont be named to the Brazilian squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad