2017 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He didn't flop, the burglary at his house messed up him too badly. He was a completely different player after that had happened.

Still flopped, even if for legitimate reasons. Man U also didn't use him and the rest of the team correctlyou IMO.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He didn't flop, the burglary at his house messed up him too badly. He was a completely different player after that had happened.

He still flopped. After that he really wanted out and you could tell, he just didn't care. Regardless, I really wish we still had him.

Ibra
Martial-Mkhi-Di maria

Holy crap that'd be an insane attack...

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
He still flopped. After that he really wanted out and you could tell, he just didn't care. Regardless, I really wish we still had him.

Ibra
Martial-Mkhi-Di maria

Holy crap that'd be an insane attack...

€150m + Ibrahimovic on free transfer tends to give you that :laugh:

For the very best teams it is just as much about finding players that can play well together. Yorke / Cole being a good example of that for Utd. I also think Pedro - Hazard - William are far better than it's individual parts (even if I don't think they are good enough as a unit to challenge for the CL title without a lot of luck).

Martial is still young and he is clearly extremely talented, but I'm still uncertain to if he will ever be good enough as a "team mate".

Will be interesting to see if Mourinho in the end finds the right balance. So far he hasn't.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
That's a pretty pointless label. There's just a handful of teams at the top of the food chain, and everything below that is feeding off others as well as being a feeder to others. What matters is what you make of it.

I think the only three you can really say aren't "feeders" of some kind are Bayern, RM, and Barca, so yea I don't think the label has a ton of value.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yeah, but what you guys are failing to realize here is that he's coming at this from the perspective of an Arsenal supporter. BVB is **** compared to the Arse.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Gladbach are no more a feeder than any club with their financial weight. In fact their results and ambition have dwarfed their finances under Eberl. Bigger richer clubs can take their biggest young talents, but this is a given unless we're discussing Real / Barca / Bayern (who may not be able to pull talent like the first two, but they can certainly hold onto it). BMG held onto Raffael despite BVB trying to woe him for multiple years now. They brought back Kramer once able to afford to do so. Last summer they attracted the attention of a European top talent like Tielemans, before the financial aspects fell apart on the deal...after having held onto Sommer despite Pep's attempted seduction.

They have a strong appeal with players that aren't just out to maximize their earnings; as well as young talents looking to break out.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Bayern > BVB > Gladbach > RSC Anderlecht

It's just the food chain folks, get used to it. Why is Arsenal once again being brought into this? We're not a feeder team, we just ****ing suck which could turn us into a feeder team this summer.

When Arsenal sells Sanchez to Chelsea just like they sold van Persie to United you'll eat your words on that feeder garbage.
Did a ninja edit before you posted this. I agree, if Sanchez is sold to Chelsea and Oezil goes goodbye, then we absolutely are a feeder team (which once again would be Wenger's fault for turning us into one). As of now? No, we just play incompetent football.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
When Arsenal sells Sanchez to Chelsea just like they sold van Persie to United you'll eat your words on that feeder garbage.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Bayern > BVB > Gladbach > RSC Anderlecht

It's just the food chain folks, get used to it. Why is Arsenal once again being brought into this? We're not a feeder team, we just ****ing suck which could turn us into a feeder team this summer.

Did a ninja edit before you posted this. I agree, if Sanchez is sold to Chelsea and Oezil goes goodbye, then we absolutely are a feeder team (which once again would be Wenger's fault for turning us into one). As of now? No, we just play incompetent football.

In you idea of a food chain, Arsenal is definitely a feeder club on some level.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
In you idea of a food chain, Arsenal is definitely a feeder club on some level.

They have never been except one time.

When they sold the exodus of RvP, Nasri, and Fabregas, they were. Even with those three, Cesc wanted to move back to Spain for family reasons. So I wouldn't include him, but for this sake, we will. This has happened ONLY once in the Arsenal history we care about. They sold the invincible team more due to Wenger's stupidity by offering one year contracts to players getting past their prime. They would have all stayed if Wenger, again wasn't a moron and decided to rebuild the club properly.

BVB and Gladbach constantly and consistently get players taken away from them by bigger clubs. Only player who is an enigma to this situation is Reus; as he's constantly injured making no one wanting to buy him and that he's a hometown kid.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

When they sold the exodus of RvP, Nasri, and Fabregas, they were. Even with those three, Cesc wanted to move back to Spain for family reasons. So I wouldn't include him, but for this sake, we will. This has happened ONLY once in the Arsenal history we care about. They sold the invincible team more due to Wenger's stupidity by offering one year contracts to players getting past their prime. They would have all stayed if Wenger, again wasn't a moron and decided to rebuild the club properly.

BVB and Gladbach constantly and consistently get players taken away from them by bigger clubs. Only player who is an enigma to this situation is Reus; as he's constantly injured making no one wanting to buy him and that he's a hometown kid.

They are a feeder to a smaller amount of clubs, so it happens less often. They feed to bigger clubs and clubs that spend more money. Just because they are cheap at times, doesn't mean they aren't a feeder club in those scenarios.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

Well, BVB also had players that became too good for their club's level. If Arsenal had more players moving up like that, that would probably happen more, as well. But outside of Sanches, who is even there who's making a case to be interesting for a better club? It's understandable teams were lining up for Lewandowski, Hummels and to a slightly lesser degree Mikhitaryan and Gündogan. It's equally understandable why that hasn't happened with guys at Arsenal.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

What about Ozil and Sanchez about to leave? What about Cole? What about Song? What about Hleb? What about Henry? Vermaelen? Sagna? Clichy? Adebayor? Toure? Should I continue?

Apart from this last summer, Dortmund has pretty much only lost players to Bayern. And that was on a free. I guess Kagawa, too.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Well, BVB also had players that became too good for their club's level. If Arsenal had more players moving up like that, that would probably happen more, as well. But outside of Sanches, who is even there who's making a case to be interesting for a better club? It's understandable teams were lining up for Lewandowski, Hummels and to a slightly lesser degree Mikhitaryan and Gündogan. It's equally understandable why that hasn't happened with guys at Arsenal.

Özil. Bellerin. Koscielny. don't be dumb just to try to make a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad