2017 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
1 of those is Edo, who doesn't count.

I don't get why this is so complicated for some.

Real and Barca are on a level of their own.

The next level shifts depending on a club's current ability to win in Europe and their desire to spend, but basically includes Bayern, Chelsea, Man U, Man City, PSG, Juventus, etc.

That next level also has varying levels of success. In recent times, Bayern has been the most effective at bring in top talent and integrating them into a successful unit, so if you want to put them above the rest in that tier, then sure, but that doesn't mean they are close to Real or Barca.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
1 of those is Edo, who doesn't count.

Pogba is the one huge signing United have pulled off to compare to Bayern. Getting the unwanted Mata & di Maria puts them closer to Arsenal than to Bayern, signing old man Ibra before he hits the MLS puts them more on par with China than Bayern, and Miki is closer to the Bayern range of pull, so 1 & a half.

Lots of teams wanted Ibra and at that point Di Maria was hardly a small signing.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It's just me objecting to United being put on the same tier as Bayern. Bayern in the tier right behind Barca/Real, United are not.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Is this more of bashing Man U or wanting to pump up Bayern?

Bashing United. Happens all the time, it's nothing new. Clearly on the field we aren't even close to Bayern, but in the transfer market we aren't that far behind, but like you said Bayern are much more effective with their transfers.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I wouldn't be griping if you were comparing Bayern n citeh. But United doesn't pull on that tier unless they can pull off a couple more Pogba caliber transfers.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
While Bayern is much more competitive, I'd say their attractiveness isn't any better than United (unfortunately).
That's because of the appeal of that whole media circus around the EPL (and the sponsoring, and thus the money and agents).
Also the wives (in the case of London clubs).

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
At the time, Di Maria was one of the best players in the world, he fell because he flopped at Man U. They are still one of the few clubs in the world with the money and prestige to pull established stars from other top level clubs.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I wouldn't be griping if you were comparing Bayern n citeh. But United doesn't pull on that tier unless they can pull off a couple more Pogba caliber transfers.

Bayern has the same amount of "Pogba" transfers in the last few years I'd say. I mean Lewa is the biggest one obviously but Vidal, Costa, Hummels, Thiago, isn't a huge step up(if at all) from Di Maria, Zlatan, Mata, Mkhi.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Bayern has the same amount of "Pogba" transfers in the last few years I'd say. I mean Lewa is the biggest one obviously but Vidal, Costa, Hummels, Thiago, isn't a huge step up(if at all) from Di Maria, Zlatan, Mata, Mkhi.

Yep. The reason why Bayern is superior to Man U is not because of transfer activity.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
At the time, Di Maria was one of the best players in the world, he fell because he flopped at Man U. They are still one of the few clubs in the world with the money and prestige to pull established stars from other top level clubs.

There is one example of them pulling anybody in and that is Pogba. A mid 30's Ibra isn't really anything to scream about. Or an outcast Mata. They've had the money and have gone after every big target. Di Maria was a nice buy.

Their wage bill is an open cheque book. It's different than Madrid, Barcelona, and Munich.

Again, a big reason that United is a mess is because they throw money at everything hoping it sticks. It gives them a weird lineup.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Rumours of Lazio wanting Alario and Roma wanting Ascacibar as well as Druissi. I don't think it's a coincidence this comes just a day after the reports that Monchi is going to be Roma's new sporting director.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Their next English core will begin around that time.

Chambers, Holding, Maitland-Niles, Nelson, Willock.

2mbvQ5A.png

The future's bright in north London right enough.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Mbappe seems to be pretty mature . He just said he isn't ready for big clubs like Real Madrid and that he has a long way to go.
Good for him

He is also a RM fan :)

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Sanchez said he wants to stay in London and play for a winner. Imagine the reaction when he goes to Chelsea.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I think if that ever happened, Edonator would continue to be MIA for another year

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

He didn't flop, the burglary at his house messed up him too badly. He was a completely different player after that had happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->