2017 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I wonder what will happen with Boateng though. Contract runs 4 more years, but apparently he's unhappy with his playing time.
Ridiculous from him. How entitled do you have to be to demand to start every game on a team with such a deep lineup?

Bayern don't have to kowtow to him nor do they owe him any explanation. He wasn't exactly setting the world on fire either and was coming back from injury, I really don't get it. Let's hope it's a silly rumour.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Ridiculous from him. How entitled do you have to be to demand to start every game on a team with such a deep lineup?

Bayern don't have to kowtow to him nor do they owe him any explanation. He wasn't exactly setting the world on fire either and was coming back from injury, I really don't get it. Let's hope it's a silly rumour.

Let's hope he goes the same way as Kroos.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Let's hope he goes the same way as Kroos.
:laugh:

Pls no

So according to the twitter account I follow, who cite SportBILD, the follow things are in the works:

Bayern have right of first refusal on Gnabry
Badstuber isn't staying with Schalke and Bayern don't want him back :(
Bayern don't mind letting Sanches go if they break even on the deal, he didn't adapt to the team well enough :laugh:
Costa is allowed to leave for a reasonable fee, I hope he goes for a lot of money to Tottenham :D
Alexis Sanchez prefers Bayern, fee is ~40m :naughty:

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
:laugh:

Pls no

So according to the twitter account I follow, who cite SportBILD, the follow things are in the works:

Bayern have right of first refusal on Gnabry
Badstuber isn't staying with Schalke and Bayern don't want him back :(
Bayern don't mind letting Sanches go if they break even on the deal, he didn't adapt to the team well enough :laugh:
Costa is allowed to leave for a reasonable fee, I hope he goes for a lot of money to Tottenham :D
Alexis Sanchez prefers Bayern, fee is ~40m :naughty:

Apparently Bayern's right to Gnabry doesn't kick in until 2018. I have no idea how or why Bayern funded Gnabry's transfer to Bremen. It seems like a weirdly structured move. Why not buy him then loan him out? Maybe Arsenal would have demanded a lot more money from Bayern than Werder, and this was their clever way of paying less. Kicker also says a move to Dortmund is unlikely due to the upheaval there. They already have too many attackers, but it's also an awful sign if this drama is going to affect player recruitment. A move to Hoffenheim is also a possibility for Gnabry.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Spending 40m€ on a young CB seems silly to me when we have Zouma and Christensen... The last thing we need is more of a logjam at the back. Next year is gonna be huge for Zouma, having European fixtures means more rotation means more time for Zouma to get back into a groove coming out of the ACL injury.

All this said, if Boateng wants to leave Bayern I will gladly buy him a plane ticket to London.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Spending 40m€ on a young CB seems silly to me when we have Zouma and Christensen... The last thing we need is more of a logjam at the back. Next year is gonna be huge for Zouma, having European fixtures means more rotation means more time for Zouma to get back into a groove coming out of the ACL injury.

All this said, if Boateng wants to leave Bayern I will gladly buy him a plane ticket to London.

Don't forget Miazga!

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Miazga's doing well on loan. He probably won't play another game for Chelsea, but he could be a useful player to a club of that stature eventually.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

I read that Zouma might get sent out on loan. Don't put a lot of stock into that though.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I read that Zouma might get sent out on loan. Don't put a lot of stock into that though.

I think that depends on if we buy someone. I'd rather just keep what we have. The backline is definitely good enough, and the combo of Zouma/Christensen/Ake will provide enough depth to cover matches for both EPL and Europe.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I think that depends on if we buy someone. I'd rather just keep what we have. The backline is definitely good enough, and the combo of Zouma/Christensen/Ake will provide enough depth to cover matches for both EPL and Europe.

Sure, but if a Boateng becomes available then I think Chelsea need to be players.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Sure, but if a Boateng becomes available then I think Chelsea need to be players.

Sure, we shouldn't say no to that, same with a Bonucci if he wants to be with Conte or whoever. Or if there is some true young superstar defender. I just think we should spend money for the sake of spending money. Zouma and Christensen provide a good young future, and I think we actually need to develop them.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Boateng isn't leaving. Just not happening. Even if he was asking for more playing time. (Not being injured as much is one way of helping that.)

Renato Sanches looks likely to be loaned. That's what almost all the rumors are about. Bayern isn't absurdly reactionary enough to believe he lost all the traits that made them buy him less than a year ago. A loan could make sense.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Boateng isn't leaving. Just not happening. Even if he was asking for more playing time. (Not being injured as much is one way of helping that.)

Renato Sanches looks likely to be loaned. That's what almost all the rumors are about. Bayern isn't absurdly reactionary enough to believe he lost all the traits that made them buy him less than a year ago. A loan could make sense.

Renato was a naive buy from Bayern. His performance in the Euros was widely overhyped. Portugal have already cemented better midfielders for the World Cup.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Renato was a naive buy from Bayern. His performance in the Euros was widely overhyped. Portugal have already cemented better midfielders for the World Cup.

Cool. Bayern has fantastic scouting, and they've been watching him for long enough to know what they saw. Not giving up on him. Zero reason to.

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
United should keep him. He's good depth to have next season. Valencia should remain as the starting RB. Darmian has played further up the wing, RB, Lb and CB. Can always use a player like him & Blind. Good squad players who know they won't start every game. The Nicky Butt's & John O'Shea's of yesteryear.

Would anyone be interested in one Matteo Darmian?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well well...
Rabiot's not happy with Emery and might want out, per several reports....

How long will it take for PSG to fire this clown?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
United should keep him. He's good depth to have next season. Valencia should remain as the starting RB. Darmian has played further up the wing, RB, Lb and CB. Can always use a player like him & Blind. Good squad players who know they won't start every game. The Nicky Butt's & John O'Shea's of yesteryear.

Darmian's good for a more defensive approach. Offensively he's useless.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Cool. Bayern has fantastic scouting, and they've been watching him for long enough to know what they saw. Not giving up on him. Zero reason to.
Aside from him looking terrible and uncomposed every time he featured?

Look, I fell for the hype as well but the kid doesn't look comfortable out there at all. He looks like me when I play with superior players - lost, not confident, terrible touches and passes.

A loan might destroy whatever value he has left if it's to the wrong team. He has to go to wherever he's most comfortable and confident, maybe even back to Portugal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->