Speculation: 2017 Offseason Roster Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Would u guys have sent Chychrun to Tampa for Drouin?

Great question.

If Drouin played C I believe there is an argument to make that deal. Because of our depth at LW there is less desire here to pull the trigger. It does reinforce to me to take D and C in first round.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Would u guys have sent Chychrun to Tampa for Drouin?

Not a slight on Drouin, but given our glut of LH wingers, no.

Follow up point/question, isn't Chychrun worth more than Serg right now? I don't think Sergachev has done anything really to raise his stock but I would think Chychrun proving he can hang in the NHL already has raised his.

FTR I had Sergachev ahead of Chychrun last draft.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Great question.

If Drouin played C I believe there is an argument to make that deal. Because of our depth at LW there is less desire here to pull the trigger. It does reinforce to me to take D and C in first round.

Most 1st round C turn into LW anyway. So agree, it's very important to focus on C and D in R1 and not be distracted by W or G until later on in the draft.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Most 1st round C turn into LW anyway. So agree, it's very important to focus on C and D in R1 and not be distracted by W or G until later on in the draft.

I don't know that I'd focus too much more on centers and dmen over wingers in the first. Guys like Kane, Ovy, Tarasenko are still very important players. As a tie breaker sure prioritize C and D, but even looking back to last year, would you have passed up Laine at 2 because he's a winger? I'd call you crazy if so.

Unless you mean us in particular in this upcoming draft, them I agree somewhat. I still wouldn't pass up a super talented winger sitting there though if he's the highest ranked guy on your list.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Rumor of Brodin for Galchenyuk, which would put Minny in the clear expansion wise, for the most part:

D - Suter (NMC), Spurgeon, Dumba
F - Parise (NMC), Koivu (NMC), Pominville (NMC), Coyle, Granlund, Niederreiter, Galchenyuk

Exposed:
- Zucker
- Staal
- Scandella

So you either lose Scandella or pay LV to take either Zucker or Staal instead.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

As previously mentioned, we're short a forward on the exposure requirements. The only two that meet the GP requirements are Jooris and Holland. It will be Jooris because if we re-sign Holland we owe Toronto a draft pick.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
We're trading for a forward to expose? Why? Just sign Jooris and/or Burmi. Unless they know we need them and are trying to drive up the price.
All can't be quiet on the trade and resigning front because of the requirements. I also can't believe we aren't even trying after all the talk about taking advantage of teams. We are being out maneuvered.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
We're trading for a forward to expose? Why? Just sign Jooris and/or Burmi. Unless they know we need them and are trying to drive up the price.
All can't be quiet on the trade and resigning front because of the requirements. I also can't believe we aren't even trying after all the talk about taking advantage of teams. We are being out maneuvered.

On? Quite clearly weren't you freeing Chychrun for Drouin. What else have missed out on?

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA

Well, if you trade for a forward that you don't think LV would want, but is promising (or a decent vet), it's probably worth it.

_Del_ said:

Just because a trigger hasn't been pulled doesn't mean that we are being out-maneuvered. There are a lot of teams that can make changes and almost all of them have better players than we can offer. My guess is that we are more active at the draft than the expansion draft, but even then, we probably won't be too active.

rt

May 13, 2004
Rumor of Brodin for Galchenyuk, which would put Minny in the clear expansion wise, for the most part:

F - Parise (NMC), Koivu (NMC), Pominville (NMC), Coyle, Granlund, Niederreiter, Galchenyuk

Exposed:
- Zucker
- Staal
- Scandella

Wow. Good for MTL.

rt

May 13, 2004

As previously mentioned, we're short a forward on the exposure requirements. The only two that meet the GP requirements are Jooris and Holland. It will be Jooris because if we re-sign Holland we owe Toronto a draft pick.

I'm pretty okay with this trade frenzy passing us by if it means we're going to draft a bunch of kids, sign a bunch of stop-gaps, and wait for the Calvary to arrive. If it means that Chayka is trying but getting pantsed, and Dino Davey is gonna throw a hissy fit and we're going to end up taken to the cleaners to appease his ego, I'll be slightly less pretty okay. :)

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa

Exposed:
- Zucker
- Staal
- Scandella

Markov-Weber
Brodin-Petry

is an interesting top 4.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Just because a trigger hasn't been pulled doesn't mean that we are being out-maneuvered.
He talked way too much about being in a position to play this to advantage to then try to spin it as we didn't really try too hard. Tick tock

rt

May 13, 2004
My preference is to lay low. But Chayka has been bragging about how well positioned he is to take adavantage of this summer's shenanigans for far too long.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Hi Guys! Habs fan coming in peace!

You guys interested in :

:habs

Alex Goligoski
Anthony De'Angelo

:coyotes

1st 2017
Michael McCarron
Nathan Beaulieu
Tomas Plekanec

How I see it :

Goligoski = 1st + Beaulieu + Plekanec (could use him on a FWD protection slot)
DeAngelo = McCarron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad