Oct 11, 2008
I'm slow on that trigger....wow
I like that Stephan ....would be a major haul

Last edited:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I worry we've painted ourself into a corner here.

Gotta get those players who will "get the job done" ;)

I'm not worried though until I see something. Chayka hasn't ever been fleeced and I think most of the "core" prospects are safe.

I could see them moving #7 though as a splash move. Would NYR do something around that if they are "sure" they are landing Kovalchuk?

And either way, Stepan was just one thing that was mentioned. More likely we see another deal like the one was already done or an outside shot of a Smith deal.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If 7 is going the other way then it had better be close to straight up. Not interested otherwise.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I don't think NYR could find many teams who can take on Stepan's 6.5 at full bore. We don't need to send back a contract. Likelihood of cap only rising to 75 puts NYR in a bit of a headache as well.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I get the feeling Murphy is going the other way in any NYR deal.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
If 7 is going the other way then it had better be close to straight up. Not interested otherwise.

Agreed. I'm definitely not interested in the previously mentioned bidding war. Something like that nearly straight up would be contingent on all the talk about a top line RD return being just talk.

HF would be pretty hilarious for awhile if Stepan moved for just picks and Kovalchuk couldn't sign yet though :laugh:

You're probably right about Murphy though. Which would make this deal have even more moving parts. Because I'd think we'd have to address RD ourselves in another move.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Agreed. I'm definitely not interested in the previously mentioned bidding war. Something like that nearly straight up would be contingent on all the talk about a top line RD return being just talk.

HF would be pretty hilarious for awhile if Stepan moved for just picks and Kovalchuk couldn't sign yet though :laugh:

You're probably right about Murphy though. Which would make this deal have even more moving parts. Because I'd think we'd have to address RD ourselves in another move.

Agreed. Someone (likely Duclair) has to be moved for a RD (Hamonic?) for AZ to move Murphy.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Maybe that deal with Raanta, then call back Philly and send them Smitty.

What's the point of acquiring Raanta now? You'd have to expose one of the young goalies with Smith gone.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It's gonna have to be a pretty big add to Murphy to land Stepan. Unless Groton for whatever reason covets him.

23 and Murphy for Raanta and Stepan?

Deal Smith to Flyers for a RD prospect or pick(s)?

Deal Duclair (and a pick?) for Hamonic?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
It's gonna have to be a pretty big add to Murphy to land Stepan. Unless Gorton for whatever reason covets him.

Signed top 4 that's youngish and controlled. Optically, he's better than Girardi by miles. If Klein retires, they're kind of short on D.

23+Murphy+ what is the question. Martinook/Rieder?

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
What's the point of acquiring Raanta now? You'd have to expose one of the young goalies with Smith gone.

If NYR exposes Raanta, I think LV takes him. May as well get him direct from NY rather than making a deal with LV.

Don't forget that Murphy is Captain America!

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Signed top 4 that's youngish and controlled. Optically, he's better than Girardi by miles. If Klein retires, they're kind of short on D.

23+Murphy+ what is the question. Martinook/Rieder?

If we're going to be going crazy and trading for now assets like Stepan I'd have no problem unloading noted contract negotiation pain in the ass Rieder as part of it. At least we'd control Stepan.

Ideally I'd prefer to keep him but I think the stupid contract situation last summer put all the cards on the table and he's gone as fast as he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad