Speculation: 2017 Offseason Roster Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If we're going to be going crazy and trading for now assets like Stepan I'd have no problem unloading noted contract negotiation pain in the ass Rieder as part of it. At least we'd control Stepan.

Ideally I'd prefer to keep him but I think the stupid contract situation last summer put all the cards on the table and he's gone as fast as he can.

I don't know what NYR protection situation is like but avoiding overpaying Martinook or Rieder would be ideal. They're good roster players but completely inconsequential in the long run.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I think that they will want Perlini. Young, talented, cheap as they come and controlled for years. Our first pic and Perlini for Stepan is what I would expect to be the ask. Murphy is expensive. Reider is expensive. Both would need to be protected.

Doesn't mean that they'll get it, but I think that this is the Ranger's ask.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I get the feeling Murphy is going the other way in any NYR deal.

I'm fine with that, but it fills one hole and creates another. If Murphy is going, then I believe we have another deal in place for a D.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Have to think NYR is going the 7F 3D route. They don't even have a 3rd D worth covering but this gives them 7 F rater than 8 skaters (2D, 6F).

I have them protecting McDonagh and Staal (NMC) on D. The third can be Holden I suppose, with Klein retiring.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Rangers fans have completely lost it, all thanks to ONE guy who swears Tippett will trade the farm for immediate help.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Maybe, but let us wait and see what happens. You guys are getting in a panic over nothing, and keep on assuming the worst.

Assuming the worst, oh I think we can assume a lot worse than we have been :biglaugh:

Domi/Dvorak/Strome/Keller involved in a Stepan deal would be along those lines. I don't think that's on the table and said so earlier. Others are saying the same.

We're just wargaming out what *could* be done in the context of making a move for Stepan without giving up the farm. If anything we're looking for the angle where such a move works without making us jump off the balcony at GRA ;)

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Maybe, but let us wait and see what happens. You guys are getting in a panic over nothing, and keep on assuming the worst.

I'm not panicking - Im fairly confident we are going to get outbid on Stepan and I'll be glad we didn't pay that price if the trade does go through.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
We're just wargaming out what *could* be done in the context of making a move for Stepan without giving up the farm. If anything we're looking for the angle where such a move works without making us jump off the balcony at GRA ;)

The exact trade/return has been guessed more than once this way. It's what HF is for.

Rangers fans are crazy though.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm terrified.

Stepan is fine. He's a "fine" player. He's whatever.

I'm scared ****less that our desperate and stupid head coach is leaning on his inexperienced and outgunned GM (who also happens to answer to the head coach because a PREVIOUS minority owner was completely brain dead) and is pressuring him to get him a vet C at all costs.

We don't have a real AGM. The Rangers have an extremely experienced and cagey front-office.

I fear we are about to get pantsed and it's going to be an epic pantsing. One for the ages. Historic fleecing.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Duke, DeAngelo and 23 because Tippett hates those guys and has already made up his mind.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'll take one Hanzal please.

I would rather do this than give up a bunch of assets for Stepan. Stepan is the better player, but you add in some of names being talked about here and the decision would be an easy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad