GDT: 2017 free agent frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Out on Scandella and Brodin, two more LDs the Bs were rumored to be seeking.

Stay the course for this off season.

Chara/McAvoy
Krug/Carlo
O'Gara/Miller
McQuaid

2018-2019:

O'Gara/McAvoy
Krug/Carlo
Zboril/Lauzon/Vaakaneinen-Miller

O'Gara?

ickie*

Jun 18, 2017
alzner's legs are cooked and he's been one of the worst goals above replacement d for like 3 years running. you're almost better off going with a gimmick player like borowiecki who at least throws a stupid hit every couple of weeks that distracts players.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
LD stay-at-homer, big, strong skater, year's experience under Dean at Providence. Learns the ropes with Miller. Takes Chara's spot in 2018 to protect McAvoy's adventures.

I like him as a prospect I just never thought he'd be more than a #6-7!

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
LD stay-at-homer, big, strong skater, year's experience under Dean at Providence. Learns the ropes with Miller. Takes Chara's spot in 2018 to protect McAvoy's adventures.

That's some ... let's say, lofty, expectations.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Im not expecting a big splash in FA... They kind of alluded to that in their conferences.

I am however expecting at the very least a depth signing for the forward group..

Considering they just let guys like Stafford, Moore, even Hayes who was in the lineup all year even though he shouldnt have been.

Letting Moore go also gets rid of that dependable LH at the face off dot. Now all they potentially have for that is Spooner unless he is moved. And hes not that reliable.

Idk If you believe in that kind of thing. But I do.

ickie*

Jun 18, 2017
Im not expecting a big splash in FA... They kind of alluded to that in their conferences.

I am however expecting at the very least a depth signing for the forward group..

Considering they just let guys like Stafford, Moore, even Hayes who was in the lineup all year even though he shouldnt have been.

Letting Moore go also gets rid of that dependable LH at the face off dot. Now all they potentially have for that is Spooner unless he is moved. And hes not that reliable.

Idk If you believe in that kind of thing. But I do.

it almost makes me think they want jfk at center no matter what and are willing to have him at 4c

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
should take a look at postma

Believe he is a RD. Wondered what happened to Lance Bouma in Calgary and if he would be considered a possibility. A LD who is two years removed from 16 goals and 34 points. Just 27 years of age. His + - numbers have been respectable but not aware of how his defencive play has been or why he fell out of favour with the Flames. Perhaps the Hamonic acquistion may be a factor in them moving on from him.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I'm already irritated and it hasn't officially begun yet.

xpat1313x

Jan 7, 2004
Middleboro, Ma
Visit site
Believe he is a RD. Wondered what happened to Lance Bouma in Calgary and if he would be considered a possibility. A LD who is two years removed from 16 goals and 34 points. Just 27 years of age. His + - numbers have been respectable but not aware of how his defencive play has been or why he fell out of favour with the Flames. Perhaps the Hamonic acquistion may be a factor in them moving on from him.

Bouma is a center

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
I know he's old and people may think I'm crazy but I hoping for Marleau.

I want those 20 goals :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad