GDT: 2017 free agent frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Marty never put up the numbers but what he did for Patrice Bergeron was worth all that money.

Bergeron isn't the player his is today without Marty's help

Interesting take. Had never heard mention or can recall noticing their connection. You might be able to have me see LaPoint in a different light with the comment. Can you perhaps share a little more insight on the relationship between the two?

Do you have best-worst candidate from your years of being a keen observer of all things Bruins?

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
McKenzie believes many teams have made verbal commitments to a number of keepers available. Perhaps Vegas would have been better served scooping up more GT'ers instead of D Men in the expansion draft as had been suggested by many.

"Vancouver Canucks goaltender Ryan Miller to sign with the Anaheim Ducks.
Buffalo Sabres goalie Anders Nilsson to replace Miller with the Canucks.
Steve Mason of the Philadelphia Flyers to sign with the Winnipeg Jets.
Curtis McElhinney to re-sign with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Calgary Flames goaltender Brian Elliott to join the Flyers.
Chad Johnson of the Flames to join the Buffalo Sabres.
Jets goaltender Ondrej Pavelec to sign with the New York Rangers.
Antti Niemi, recently bought out by the Dallas Stars, is expected to sign with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Anaheim Ducks goaltender Jonathan Bernier to sign with the Colorado Avalanche, who lost Calvin Pickard in the expansion draft."

http://www.tsn.ca/destinations-appear-set-for-free-agent-goaltenders-1.794098

ickie*

Jun 18, 2017
McKenzie believes many teams have made verbal commitments to a number of keepers available. Perhaps Vegas would have been better served scooping up more GT'ers instead of D Men in the expansion draft as had been suggested by many.

"Vancouver Canucks goaltender Ryan Miller to sign with the Anaheim Ducks.
Buffalo Sabres goalie Anders Nilsson to replace Miller with the Canucks.
Steve Mason of the Philadelphia Flyers to sign with the Winnipeg Jets.
Curtis McElhinney to re-sign with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Calgary Flames goaltender Brian Elliott to join the Flyers.
Chad Johnson of the Flames to join the Buffalo Sabres.
Jets goaltender Ondrej Pavelec to sign with the New York Rangers.
Antti Niemi, recently bought out by the Dallas Stars, is expected to sign with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Anaheim Ducks goaltender Jonathan Bernier to sign with the Colorado Avalanche, who lost Calvin Pickard in the expansion draft."

http://www.tsn.ca/destinations-appear-set-for-free-agent-goaltenders-1.794098

he's saying the sharks' "backup plan" in case marleau signs elsewhere is mike cammalleri lol

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Interesting take. Had never heard mention or can recall noticing their connection. You might be able to have me see LaPoint in a different light with the comment. Can you perhaps share a little more insight on the relationship between the two?

Do you have best-worst candidate from your years of being a keen observer of all things Bruins?

Bergeron lived with LaPointe when he was 18-19 and he mentored him. Personally, I think Bergeron was one of those kids that is "old" at 18, but I'm sure LaPointe helped.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Bergeron lived with LaPointe when he was 18-19 and he mentored him. Personally, I think Bergeron was one of those kids that is "old" at 18, but I'm sure LaPointe helped.

indeed, he (Bergy) arrived at the B`s camp so many years ago light years ahead of his peers in the maturity category but I know I`ve read often comments from Bergy how instrumental Marty was in helping him assimilate both on and off the ice in his first years. I think the key for success with a guy like Bergy is being coach-able, unquestioned work ethic, always pushing himself to be better and let`s not forget, was only a few years ago where many on this board were hammering their keyboards here exclaiming he was done after the Jones concussion and one or two following that when he was struggling to find that game again.

Thank goodness that never materialized

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
At the beach with 2 battery chargers, ready for a day of refreshing for no news.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Other than a trade of similar assets I hope bruins don't sign any free agents. Love the depth. Habitants are in serious trouble right now. Trying to attract players in a position of weakness.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Other than a trade of similar assets I hope bruins don't sign any free agents. Love the depth. Habitants are in serious trouble right now. Trying to attract players in a position of weakness.

Their whole left side is pretty much gone, they are in trouble....I love it. Who knows if Price will stay seeing the direction they're heading now.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Sure hope so. Well done Bergevin! Keep spinning those wheels. :handclap:

"TSN’s Aaron Ward was the first to tweet that defenseman Karl Alzner could be a member of the Montreal Canadiens. Per his report, the defenseman will sign a four-year deal worth about $4.5MM AAV."

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
liked Moore alot, my guess, and it`s just that is DS feels Acciari, maybe Kuraly look to be ready to take that role on full time

Yeah, I don't blame him for going another direction with all the young players that can challenge for ice time this year, but I liked him too. Cehlarik is progressing well from the shoulder, Kuraly and Acciari as you mentioned, Nash is still signed for another year, Beleskey remains, Blidh is knocking on the door, Agostino just signed, DeBrusk might be ready for a look, Gabrielle and Senyshyn in Providence. Not a lot of slots for that many guys.

I hope at least one or two of the youths will end up being as good as Moore

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia

Those vet and rookie parings are never by accident. Somebody recognized potential for an upside to the arrangement. Good to see there was at least some value from the time LaPoint spent in Boston.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yeah, I don't blame him for going another direction with all the young players that can challenge for ice time this year, but I liked him too. Cehlarik is progressing well from the shoulder, Kuraly and Acciari as you mentioned, Nash is still signed for another year, Beleskey remains, Blidh is knocking on the door, Agostino just signed, DeBrusk might be ready for a look, Gabrielle and Senyshyn in Providence. Not a lot of slots for that many guys.

I hope at least one or two of the youths will end up being as good as Moore

I view this as a positive, for as much as I appreciate what Moore brought, it appears like this organization is putting itself in a position where they aren`t leaning all the time on vets (some overpaid although Moore wasn`t), it`s a positive thing that we are now seeing, in the last few years, this team having some of those prospects now playing roles with the big club

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Three offers for Shatt

Bruins, Devils and Rangers.

Boston would be running into serious cap problems again, and for what.
To add an RD and trade away important Carlo to make a spot for him?

Jonathan17

Trollface!
Nov 19, 2005
Oakville
Out on Shatt. Out on Daley. So far, so good for the B's. I prefer doing nothing than signing an Alzner for five years, 20+ mil.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Out on Shatt. Out on Daley. So far, so good for the B's. I prefer doing nothing than signing an Alzner for five years, 20+ mil.

Yep. McAvoy is a huge addition and Carlo will be better. Our defense is looking pretty good and it's going to get better every season. No need to put a lead ball in there that'll clog up a spot and money for 4-6 years. We have enough of those...

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Killer-McQuaid

I guess I don't have to call him Killer anymore since there's only one Miller. :laugh:

Would like to get a LHD for the bottom pairing, but not for 4-5m I don't. If they haven't moved one of Killer/McQuaid yet I doubt they will. I'm pretty confident in that d corps. It'll have its struggles here and there but it's a great mix of veterans and youth, I think. I'm really hesitant about going into the season without adding a ~50 point wing for Krejci, but I don't think free agency is the place to do that. Maybe a depth signing here or there today but I'm 100% fine with us staying put. I am disappointed we're not bringing Moore back, though. Would have thought he was almost a sure signing, especially for the PK. Gonna miss him.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Out on Scandella and Brodin, two more LDs the Bs were rumored to be seeking.

Stay the course for this off season.

Chara/McAvoy
Krug/Carlo
O'Gara/Miller
McQuaid

2018-2019:

O'Gara/McAvoy
Krug/Carlo
Zboril/Lauzon/Vaakaneinen-Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad