GDT: 2017 free agent frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Is Dvorak a top 6 forward?

I don't know if he would be right now... He certainly has potential to be.

But if nothing else, I believe he'd be instantly better than Spooner at third line center and a dude who OOZES the potential to be a top line scorer.

My CONCERN is "why would the Coyotes move him?" You don't dilly with that level of prospect unless:

A) there's a concern either character-wise (which I don't believe to be the case) or health-wise (which is a MAYBE for me, because I think there was something there around his draft year that dropped his stock)

B) it's a hockey deal where Arizona receives a similar quality young player in an area that they lack

C) the team dealing with the Coyotes is giving them their reason, i.e. overpaying

I'm hoping it's B. B for Bruins.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Simple, McAvoy for Dvorak. I don’t know how else it could work...

Unless Sweeney can swing it with his prospect pool rather than McAvoy... no thanks.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
I don't know if he would be right now... He certainly has potential to be.

But if nothing else, I believe he'd be instantly better than Spooner at third line center and a dude who OOZES the potential to be a top line scorer.

My CONCERN is "why would the Coyotes move him?" You don't dilly with that level of prospect unless:

A) there's a concern either character-wise (which I don't believe to be the case) or health-wise (which is a MAYBE for me, because I think there was something there around his draft year that dropped his stock)

B) it's a hockey deal where Arizona receives a similar quality young player in an area that they lack

C) the team dealing with the Coyotes is giving them their reason, i.e. overpaying

I'm hoping it's B. B for Bruins.
I believe Dvorak tore his ACL in January 2014 playing in the OHL.

ickie*

Jun 18, 2017
e. kane's cap hit is just north of 5, but he almost hit 30 goals last year and only played 70 games. one year left then he hits ufa. he'll probably fetch a big return at the deadline if he produces again this year (highly doubt he resigns in buff) but i wonder if they're still taking calls on him atm like was rumored a bit ago. the bruins have somewhat of a logjam of wing prospects. wonder if they'd do something like cehlarik and a pick for him. he's still only 25.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
McAvoy value wise?

If so, how do the Bs make this work?

I don't really see it.

He wasn't given up in the Stepan trade. The organization loves him. I don't even know why this is a rumor, I'd buy Strome being in a potential deal way more than I would Dvorak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad