Domi-Strome-Draft/UFA/Trade
Perlini-Dvo-Fischer
The-Sticky-Boiz

OEL-Demers
Chychrun-Hammer
Goose-Murphy/Draft/UFA/Trade

Raanta (PAY THE MAN)
Kuemper

Looks just fine to me. The kids are growing. I don’t want to jinx it, but we may have done a decent job of developing a mostly homegrown lineup. A couple upgrades and even chucking some cash and upgrading for Panik would be cool. And an NHL-ready 1st-rounder would be icing on the cake. I see GMJC making some moves, but I have a feeling there won’t be any young guys shipping out.

We may be in exciting times fellas

Reactions: Antonche

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Jesus, seeing the likes of Chycrun among other names noted as being dealt is just asinine. You do not trade guys like Chycrun after a full blown rebuild. A AZ draft pick nonetheless. You trade guys that are slightly worn and have some sort of menial value. Strome is going to be fine, he's also not a throw in by any means, either.

Shit, to be honest, the way this team has been playing upgrading may be hard to come by. I would be more than happy to deal anyone on the farm, though. This team is close. As in tight nit. Something thats been absent for a while now. If Chyka doesnt like what he sees at where we pick, sure deal the pick and something in tucson for an upgrade.

Sign Raanta. Promote Strome. I think our 4th line is as good if not better than any 4th in the league. Its going to be hard to replace anyone on this roster no matter who it is.

DoanStopBelievin

Oct 6, 2017
Jesus, seeing the likes of Chycrun among other names noted as being dealt is just asinine. You do not trade guys like Chycrun after a full blown rebuild. A AZ draft pick nonetheless. You trade guys that are slightly worn and have some sort of menial value. Strome is going to be fine, he's also not a throw in by any means, either.

****, to be honest, the way this team has been playing upgrading may be hard to come by. I would be more than happy to deal anyone on the farm, though. This team is close. As in tight nit. Something thats been absent for a while now. If Chyka doesnt like what he sees at where we pick, sure deal the pick and something in tucson for an upgrade.

Sign Raanta. Promote Strome. I think our 4th line is as good if not better than any 4th in the league. Its going to be hard to replace anyone on this roster no matter who it is.
EXACTLY

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

****, to be honest, the way this team has been playing upgrading may be hard to come by. I would be more than happy to deal anyone on the farm, though. This team is close. As in tight nit. Something thats been absent for a while now. If Chyka doesnt like what he sees at where we pick, sure deal the pick and something in tucson for an upgrade.

You have to trade from where you are deep to get talent where you are shallow. I want equal talent for Chychrun but at the center position. No one is untouchable. We all have a tendency to overvalue our favorite players. I look at Nashville trading their 1D for a 1C.

Antonche

Jan 13, 2015
Russia, Siberia.
Michael Bunting is having a solid season for Tucson and he could see some time next season...I like him more than Martinook, he's faster, more aggressive and can finish, I'm sure he can put up better #'s than Martinook.
Nook is a king of a cheking. Their line is effective due to him. But I would look on Crouse.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
This team is close. As in tight nit. Something thats been absent for a while now.
Any idea if it improved after the Duke trade? I was worried the trade would make the room toxic but maybe he was just a player that brought others down when things are tough. There seemed to be tension right before and right after the trade. I know winning helps alleviate a lot of woes but do you think there is a positive impact from him being off the roster?

Reactions: moosemeister

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
So in Tocchet's post-game interview he incidentally slipped up and said it was his "other knee" before quickly retracting. It was an obvious slip up.

Significant injuries on both knees in less than a year. That really, realllllly sucks.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I agree, there won't be a turnover of players like the last two years, there will be a few spots open come training camp, or a deal or two to make. I would think there will be three or four new players on the Yotes next year.

Reactions: Conor Clancey

BOGO

Oct 20, 2017
I think Murphy could end up being KConn's replacement if he is not resigned. It's a very short sample size, but they made an effort to acquire him and he has performed at both the NHL and AHL level. I'm really looking forward to this Roadrunner playoffs and want to check out a number of playoff games. Guys like Murphy and Strome are going to go back really energized after the end of their first NHL seasons where they were actually contributing. I am curious how much of a contender the Roadrunners are.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I've been impressed with Murphy, but you need a veteran D back there, too. Have them fight for 6/7. I'd also be fine with stashing him back down in Tucson next year.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I've been impressed with Murphy's heads up play. I haven't seen much of rookie mistakes and wrong decisions. He is sound.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Panik-Stepan-Keller
Perlini-Dvorak-Zadina/Svechnikov
Domi-Strome-Fisher
The Sticky-Cabo-Line
Rhino

OEL-Demers
Chychrun-Hjammer
Goligoski-Connauton
Murphy

Raanta
Kuemper

^might be fun...:dunno:

Reactions: Conor Clancey

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Don’t love Spooner. His RFA status and production this season makes me nervous about his next contract. That said, if it only costs a 2019 3rd, why not?

Seems like he meshed decent enough in new light with the rags. Listed as a natural center, does he play center or is he utilized as awing?

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Seems like he meshed decent enough in new light with the rags. Listed as a natural center, does he play center or is he utilized as awing?

Past two seasons he’s played wing primarily. He’s not very good defensively or in the dot. Not sure how his offense will translate out West.

Spooner is an option, but I think there are better ones.

rt

May 13, 2004
Past two seasons he’s played wing primarily. He’s not very good defensively or in the dot. Not sure how his offense will translate out West.

Spooner is an option, but I think there are better ones.
I’d prefer Namestnikov. I might be alone, there. I like him a lot, though. He’s struggled with the Rangers and could be available. Him I would actually trust as a center if need be.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Has Tom Wilson been discussed here? Though he is only a RFA, he is sticky, is a righty and provides some protection + production.

The Caps need to sign some UFA's and a few RFA's. They look to have little room, even with the rising cap ceiling. Can it be worked out? If so, how or who?

Last edited:

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I’d prefer Namestnikov. I might be alone, there. I like him a lot, though. He’s struggled with the Rangers and could be available. Him I would actually trust as a center if need be.

I really wanted to go after Namestnikov, Colin Miller, or William Karlsson through trade last off-season before the expansion draft. Blergh.

I don’t see why NY would let go of Namestnikov but if he’s available I’d love to go after him too.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Has Tom Wilson been discussed here? Though he is only a RFA, he is sticky, is a righty and provides some protection + production.

The Caps need to sign some UFA's and a few RFA's. They look to have little room, even with the rising cap ceiling. Can it be worked out? If so, how or who?

I’d be all over it if he were cheap. Problem is he won’t be

rt

May 13, 2004
Domi-Strome-Wilson makes me smile. If we win Dahlin, and they lose Carlson, maybe Crouse+Wood+’18MIN2nd+’19ARI2nd?

Panik-Stepan-Keller
Domi-Strome-Wilson
Perlini-Dvorak-Fischer
Dem-Schticky-Caboboys
Archibald

OEL-Demers
Goligoski-Dahlin
Chychrun-Hjammer
Connauton

Raanta
Kuemper

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I don't think Wilson can be pried from the Caps. I tried a discussion about it last off-season and he's viewed as a core player. Their straight play this summer is to buy out Orpik and find Grubauer a new home. As long as Wilson and Bowey don't go beast-mode in the playoffs and the cap goes up, they will be fine financially and should be able to keep the window open a little while longer.

If they get swept in the opening round though, that team could be in for an overhaul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad