Speculation: 2017 - 2018 Roster Discussion Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Never been a fan of Zaitsev's. And as mentioned, his contract is absurd.

Let's just win Dahlin to fix our D.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I’m not seeing a problem there. :dunno:
Maybe not today, but when a few kids come off their ELC's and we start paying our stars Zaitsev's contract could hinder us. Mind you, in a couple of years Hammer will be gone and we will need his replacement, so maybe you are right.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Am I the only one to wonder what Domi can get on the market?

cobra427

May 6, 2012
hbk mentioned Domi a while back. I keep him as we need more forward talent not less.
It might be a matter of how the organization feels about Strome now given his recent performance? If Strome can be a 2C next year with DVO/Stepan/Richardson, we don't need to pick up a good C like RNH. To get an RNHish player, we would have to give up a talented winger like Domi. Somebody better then Richarddson but not as good as RNH would require less then Domi in a trade. For the right player, I can see moving Domi but I think it is less likely now. I like Domi's overall game a lot and his edge. He is solid in all 3 zones, I think we keep him.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Best thing about this offseason is we have goalie locked up. Watching that garbage at the beginning of the season really showed how much a mess in goal eliminates anything else you might do on the roster. That was really highlighted when we played Chicago when they were running out two stiffs. The stars on their roster didn't mean shit because their goalies were terrible. It really crushes the whole roster.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It might be a matter of how the organization feels about Strome now given his recent performance? If Strome can be a 2C next year with DVO/Stepan/Richardson, we don't need to pick up a good C like RNH. To get an RNHish player, we would have to give up a talented winger like Domi. Somebody better then Richarddson but not as good as RNH would require less then Domi in a trade. For the right player, I can see moving Domi but I think it is less likely now. I like Domi's overall game a lot and his edge. He is solid in all 3 zones, I think we keep him.
The thing is, we have to get better in the dot. Strome was terrible last night, and other nights DVO and Stepan have had their share of FO% problems. I hope that DVO and Strome can improve dramatically next year in that area. Can Dauphin replace Richardson at C? Do we sign Richardson who will be 34 next year or someone younger with success in the dot?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Best thing about this offseason is we have goalie locked up. Watching that garbage at the beginning of the season really showed how much a mess in goal eliminates anything else you might do on the roster. That was really highlighted when we played Chicago when they were running out two stiffs. The stars on their roster didn't mean **** because their goalies were terrible. It really crushes the whole roster.
Exactly, yet some on this board believe you can win with so so goaltending. It all starts in the net, then D, then C, then wingers. That is why Edmonton has had problems. My opinion anyways.

Reactions: cobra427
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->