Confirmed with Link: 2017-18 roster talk, part 7; July 11: Scott Laughton, 2-yrs, $962.5k per

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cable

Feb 13, 2010
How about these lines...

Lindblom/Filppula/Giroux
Konecny/Couturier/Voracek
Weal/Patrick/Simmonds
Raffl/Lehtera/Weise
Leier/Vecchione/Bourque

Provorov/Gudas
Gostisbehere/Hagg
MacDonald/Morin
Alt

Elliott
Neuvirth

Trade: Flyers (Read @ 50% Retained) - Minnesota (2018 5th RDP & Ivan Lodnia)
Trade: Flyers (Laughton & Manning) - Colorado (2018 2nd RDP, Gabriel Bourque & Nicolas Meloche)

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
It's impressive TK had the year he had with how much his confidence must have been screwed with. Not that he's as good as some of the big rookies last year, but those guys had the chains off all year. He's a very good player that wasn't a sure thing to make the team. That tells me he will be better this year for sure. 50 pts from him would be nice. Especially since the PP2 should be a lot better.

I do think some have unrealistic expectations for a 19 yr old in the NHL.

I can see around 50 points if he gets consistent time and plays on PP2.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Forty games into the season maybe I could see it. To start the season, i'd be really surprised they would put two guys who have never played in the nhl with someone who in the first year couldn't figure out how to play in the nhl (in fairness was playing a position he had never played before) was benched and relegated to play with pylons till he figured it out.

FWIW, the Flyers a few years ago put an 18 yr old rookie Couturier with a 24 yr old rookie Read to start the season. I do agree adding another young one to the other wing probably won't happen, but if they sync well, I could see two rookies on the line.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
FWIW, the Flyers a few years ago put an 18 yr old rookie Couturier with a 24 yr old rookie Read to start the season. I do agree adding another young one to the other wing probably won't happen, but if they sync well, I could see two rookies on the line.

Especially if one is 24yo like a Vecc. Honestly its really most important who has chemistry and who doesn't but in my opinion Patrick's development is the single most important factor in becoming a true SC contender over the next three years and Hextall will be totally micro managing it. Our D and G development is important obviously but having a potentially true high end 1C fall into our lap was really really lucky.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
How about these lines...

Lindblom/Filppula/Giroux
Konecny/Couturier/Voracek
Weal/Patrick/Simmonds
Raffl/Lehtera/Weise
Leier/Vecchione/Bourque

Provorov/Gudas
Gostisbehere/Hagg
MacDonald/Morin
Alt

Elliott
Neuvirth

Trade: Flyers (Read @ 50% Retained) - Minnesota (2018 5th RDP & Ivan Lodnia)
Trade: Flyers (Laughton & Manning) - Colorado (2018 2nd RDP, Gabriel Bourque & Nicolas Meloche)

Filppula as 1C with Giroux on the wing? :laugh:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Dismisses Konecny based on 28 points... then tells us to ignore stats trust our eyes. :laugh:

Schenn had 55 points so I guess Hextall should have kept him and moved TK. :sarcasm:

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Dismisses Konecny based on 28 points... then tells us to ignore stats trust our eyes. :laugh:

Schenn had 55 points so I guess Hextall should have kept him and moved TK. :sarcasm:
Schenn like most of our forwards get points but just arent that good at anything else. Konecny had 28 points and some good shifts but really wasnt that good or strong enough to be competitive throughout the whole year. This yr should be alot better from him.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Weal – Giroux – Simmonds
Lindblom – Couturier – Voracek
Filppula – Patrick – Konecny
Raffl – Lehtera – Laughton
Read / Weise

Provorov – Gudas
Morin – Gostisbehere
MacDonald – Sanheim
Hagg

Neuvirth
Elliott

Fragmuffin

Aug 20, 2013
Zagreb
Weal – Giroux – Simmonds
Read / Weise

Provorov – Gudas
Morin – Gostisbehere
MacDonald – Sanheim
Hagg

Neuvirth
Elliott

I'd put MacDonland in the pressbox and mix the 6 remaining D, but this is THE lineup i want to see on opening night.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Weal – Giroux – Simmonds
Read / Weise

Provorov – Gudas
Morin – Gostisbehere
MacDonald – Sanheim
Hagg

Neuvirth
Elliott

I like this. Great balance.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Weal – Giroux – Simmonds
Read / Weise

Provorov – Gudas
Morin – Gostisbehere
MacDonald – Sanheim
Hagg

Neuvirth
Elliott
Great lines, BP. I can only hope AMac is on the bench so I'll do my wishful thinking pairings:

Provorov – Gudas
Morin – Gostisbehere
Hagg - Sanheim
MacDonald

I'm happy to see 3 rookies in the lineup. They are ready, let'em play.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Great lines, BP. I can only hope AMac is on the bench so I'll do my wishful thinking pairings:

Provorov – Gudas
Morin – Gostisbehere
Hagg - Sanheim
MacDonald

I'm happy to see 3 rookies in the lineup. They are ready, let'em play.

Nope. Disaster waiting to happen. Let's see how they do in camp before we throw them to the wolves.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

giphy.gif

Replaced one idiot with another.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
Laughton will be 4c. If someone is going to wing it'll end up being Lethtera. He was essentially a cap dump for 2 first round picks. They have been grooming Laughton to be a defensive minded center and saved a protection spot on him.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013

giphy.gif

Replaced one idiot with another.

I wonder which one it'll be! :shakehead :laugh: :sarcasm: :(

If he said " If Nolan Patrick makes the team, either he or Jori Lehtera will have to move to wing (99.9% chance it'll be Lehtera), and that won't come naturally...for either guy."
I would cut him some slack but cmon.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

If he said " If Nolan Patrick makes the team, either he or Jori Lehtera will have to move to wing (99.9% chance it'll be Lehtera), and that won't come naturally...for either guy."

Its almost as stupid as ranting about how prospects were being overrated by homers when people dared to put Oskar Lindblom in their 17-18 lineups earlier this year.

Clearly he'll be on the Phantoms for two years to make room for Lehtera to play LW. :sarcasm:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I don't even know why he qualified it between the two. Filppula & Laughton are center/wing options as well. Outside of Giroux & Couturier I'd feel pretty confident in saying Patrick comes next in certainty of centers for next year. The debate is more so between Filppula, Lehtera, & Laughton imo.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
I wouldnt mind Patrick as the 1st line LW for his first year, taking some draws and working on faceoffs in practice. It would help to ease him into the league by redcuing his defensive responsibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad