Speculation: 2017-18 Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I'm gonna say that if you really think the team is working to keep Drouin rather than deal him, you're out to lunch.

There is NO chance that Drouin is here next season.

Yzerman has shown he won't trade a player unless he gets a good deal he wants! And that d man just is not out there.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Why do I get the feeling that we are still trying to deal Drouin? I'm dying to see the logic in losing a guy who likely score 60 points next year so we can stay married to the continuously Palat and Killorn instead for the sake of another defenseman who will not be a difference on his own like Drouin is.

I swear if this trade is still happening then Yzerman is outsmarting himself

From what I've heard Drouin is as good as gone. Has a lot to do with his pick for agent. Apparently he's a giant pain in the ass and for him to choose him after all that happened, it pretty much booked his ticket out of here.

Another thing I heard that I don't like is that Killorn is going to be protected over Namestnikov. Yzerman really likes Killorn. Evidence with that extension he gave him.

I hope my source is wrong because I've made it known many times that I don't want to trade Drouin and I want to expose Killorn. We will find out soon enough.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
From what I've heard Drouin is as good as gone. Has a lot to do with his pick for agent. Apparently he's a giant pain in the ass and for him to choose him after all that happened, it pretty much booked his ticket out of here.

Another thing I heard that I don't like is that Killorn is going to be protected over Namestnikov. Yzerman really likes Killorn. Evidence with that extension he gave him.

I hope my source is wrong because I've made it known many times that I don't want to trade Drouin and I want to expose Killorn. We will find out soon enough.
Again how many times has yzerman been bullied into trading a guy ? None! Drouin won't move unless yzerman gets the trade value back that he wants. My understanding is drouins agent is the same agent hedman had so I don't see that as a issue.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Again how many times has yzerman been bullied into trading a guy ? None! Drouin won't move unless yzerman gets the trade value back that he wants. My understanding is drouins agent is the same agent hedman had so I don't see that as a issue.

I don't know who his agent is, justice stating what I heard. My source does have a source in the organization but I have no idea how much to trust this source.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm gonna say that if you really think the team is working to keep Drouin rather than deal him, you're out to lunch.

There is NO chance that Drouin is here next season.

There are two things possibly riding against Drouin. First he is likely the best piece to fetch a top 4D which is needed. Secondly if him and his agent are looking for a 6 and 6 type deal and won't sign a Bridge, then he will likely be dealt. If Drouin is going to be a team player and wants to stay in Tampa he will take a bridge deal like everyone before him did and he will be here next season. So I would not say there is no chance. Maybe 50/50?

If you want answers ask the great Cat Bowser. He shall steer you onto the path of truth.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
As a Kings fan I'm wonder what top four preferences you guys have for a dman acquired by trading Drouin?

Example:
Hannifin
Vatanen
Tanev
Muzzin

Seems like a saturated market, wondering if LA has a decent shot at Drouin.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
As a Kings fan I'm wonder what top four preferences you guys have for a dman acquired by trading Drouin?

Example:
Hannifin
Vatanen
Tanev
Muzzin

I personally would want Ellis, but it's looking like Nashville will protect him and keep him.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Example:
Hannifin
Vatanen
Tanev
Muzzin

Hanifin and Dumba are at the top of my list of d potentially on the move.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Matt Murray with back to back Cups, showing Vasilevskiy is cleary not the best young goalie, or even close to an elite goaltender for that matter.

It's going to be a long few years.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Matt Murray with back to back Cups, showing Vasilevskiy is cleary not the best young goalie, or even close to an elite goaltender for that matter.

Why are you the way that you are?

Last edited:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Murray is no doubt better now but goalies also take time to become elite . Vasy could still end up being better.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Murray is no doubt better now but goalies also take time to become elite . Vasy could still end up being better.

As I pointed out in the other thread the Pens have a stacked roster. They were light on superstars on D but they made it work there. What held back the Pens all these years were secondary scoring and sub par goaltending. They got enough of both of those to combine with the big 3, add in the needed boost from Sullivan and that leads to 2 consecutive cups.

The Lightning are close. Goaltending isn't our biggest issue. I mean Vasi almost single handedly beat the Pens last year. We just couldn't get enough production past our best players. Yzerman really needs to add some quality depth in our secondary scoring if we're going to take a step forward. By taking a step forward I mean winning the Cup.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Vassy will be just as good.

He wasn't awful last year. He had times where he wasn't good and we suffered for it. Then there were times when he bailed us out when we weren't playing well. He's young though and he's going to have growing pains. I just look at how well he played in last years series to the Pens. He nearly won it for us. I'll miss Bish for sure but Vasi is no slouch and will be a good goaltender. If he's not already.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
He wasn't awful last year. He had times where he wasn't good and we suffered for it. Then there were times when he bailed us out when we weren't playing well. He's young though and he's going to have growing pains. I just look at how well he played in last years series to the Pens. He nearly won it for us. I'll miss Bish for sure but Vasi is no slouch and will be a good goaltender. If he's not already.

His last 12 or so games last year he was a beast.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Saw a graphic on SN(?) that had Tampa at 12/1 odds winning the cup next year.

Top 5 teams were
PIT 9/1
??? (cant remember)
EDM 12/1
TB 12/1
WAS 12/1

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
As I pointed out in the other thread the Pens have a stacked roster. They were light on superstars on D but they made it work there. What held back the Pens all these years were secondary scoring and sub par goaltending. They got enough of both of those to combine with the big 3, add in the needed boost from Sullivan and that leads to 2 consecutive cups.

The Lightning are close. Goaltending isn't our biggest issue. I mean Vasi almost single handedly beat the Pens last year. We just couldn't get enough production past our best players. Yzerman really needs to add some quality depth in our secondary scoring if we're going to take a step forward. By taking a step forward I mean winning the Cup.

Which is why I don't get why we're supposedly looking to trade Drouin for a middle pairing D-man. Did Pittsburgh just not prove how overrated it is to stack up on defense?

Not denying we need defensively help, but not at the cost of one of our best secondary scorers and potential top end forward.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Why do I get the feeling that we are still trying to deal Drouin? I'm dying to see the logic in losing a guy who likely score 60 points next year so we can stay married to the continuously Palat and Killorn instead for the sake of another defenseman who will not be a difference on his own like Drouin is.

I swear if this trade is still happening then Yzerman is outsmarting himself

We're on the same page for once.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Which is why I don't get why we're supposedly looking to trade Drouin for a middle pairing D-man. Did Pittsburgh just not prove how overrated it is to stack up on defense?

I think Nashville makes a good counter example

Not denying we need defensively help, but not at the cost of one of our best secondary scorers and potential top end forward.

Agreed on not wanting to trade Drouin. I think some of you have it wrong though. The idea of trading for a defender isn't necessarily to get better defensively, it's to improve the transition game for our forwards so we can be better offensively. All that skill up front doesn't matter if no one can get them the puck. This is why a guy like Tanev doesn't make sense but Yzerman went hard on Shattenkirk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad