Speculation: 2017-18 Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatP4

May 1, 2017
Are the Lightning in on Darren Raddysh? Perfect fit, you would think he would like to play with his bro

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Are the Lightning in on Darren Raddysh? Perfect fit, you would think he would like to play with his bro

On the surface Yes. Upon closer inspection, No. We have too many RHD in the system already. Blujus, Thomas, Spencer, and Cernak are all high upside defensemen he will be competing with in Syracuse for ice time. Unless a deal is made to clear room.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Good. Palat for Vatanen+ is the deal I would pursue.

If we plan on trading or having Killorn taken in expansion we can't trade Palat, we have no depth on the left. If you put Drouin on the LW then Callahan is in the top 6. Keep Drouin on the right but then your two LW are Namestnikov and Point so no good 3C.

Namestnikov - Stamkos - Kucherov
Point - Johnson - Drouin
Erne - Gourde - Callahan
Paquette - Dumont - Brown

Namestnikov - Stamkos - Kucherov
Palat - Johnson - Drouin
Erne - Point - Callahan
Paquette - Gourde - Brown

That second lineup is deeper and more evenly distributed. The issue is we haven't addressed the defense because we didn't trade a top 6 forward for a top 4 defender. I think if we fix the defense by trade we will have hurt the top 9 and if we get hit by injury it will be worse than last year trying to get depth scoring. I think we should explore a trade but only if it is too good to pass. Prefer if we used some picks and prospects for one to keep the main pieces intact and add to them.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
We could use the money saved from Killorn on a short term free agent solution like Marleau.

I had no interest in Vatanen even pre-injury though

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'd rather keep palat I want to sign him long term . deal johnson or killorn for d help point can replace Johnson and vladdy or Erne can replace killorn. Palat is the best lw we have.

Yeah would keep Palat, he is the better all around player.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Palat is better for what, like 30 games a season where under normal circumstances and competant coaching we should already be in a firm playoff position?

He spends the first 40 games a ghost then disappears in the playoffs again, give Johnson over Palat if I had the choice.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I'd rather keep palat I want to sign him long term . deal johnson or killorn for d help point can replace Johnson and vladdy or Erne can replace killorn. Palat is the best lw we have.

except drouin

(unless you want to count him as a rw)

TampaBoltz

Oct 26, 2015
I read where teams are lining up for Vatanen. They know the situation the Ducks are in and with the injury, maybe they are trying to lowball for him. I wouldn't want to give up much for him. But, I really like his game and think he would fit great for the Bolts. But you are taking a risk for a player with that injury.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
On the brightside Toffoli's production is around the same as Palat and Johnson's the last couple years. Wouldn't want either of them on long term contracts either, they shouldn't be getting much more than what he got.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
On the brightside Toffoli's production is around the same as Palat and Johnson's the last couple years. Wouldn't want either of them on long term contracts either, they shouldn't be getting much more than what he got.

When I see places suggest they'll make over $5M, I vomit in my mouth.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
*in 20 less games, minor details.

They play 83 game seasons now? His pace was for 44 points, not far off a Killorn season. His regular season production is about 9 points more than Killorn, Killorn has the better playoff production. Toffoli can cash in again in 3 years while Killorn isn't getting another big deal, it's not that bad a contract.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
When I see places suggest they'll make over $5M, I vomit in my mouth.

Why shouldn't they get more than 5mil? Toffoli paces at 49 points while Johnson is 56 and Palat 58. Johnson and Palat also have the better playoff resumes. They are also buying up only one RFA year the rest are UFA while Toffoli is just 1 UFA year. They should get 5 - 5.5.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

I want to keep Palat too. My hope is Killorn is either taken by Vegas or is traded. He has value. If we have to trade someone else it will be Drouin or Johnson. My guess is whoever is more willing to not break the bank in signing an extension. I think Johnson would take a discount.

I hear Drouins agent is a pain in the ass and the team is not happy he chose him as his agent. My guess is Drouin is traded this off-season. I didn't think he would until I heard from someone I trust that he's as good as gone. I hope it's not the case but at the same time believe it happens. Going to the highest bidder aka better defenseman coming back.

However if Killorn is taken by Vegas or is traded don't be surprised to see our big 3 rfas re-signed. Killorn leaving will be big relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad