Series Talk: Rangers vs. Carolina (Game 1, Sunday May 5th @ 4pm ET, ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
The Trophy has been awarded 36 times, but only eight of the winners have gone on to win the Stanley Cup in their respective years, leading to a popular superstition that the Trophy may be cursed.
Yes, but the trophy winner wins the cup more often than #2 or #3 or any other place finisher. That's the point. 16 teams get in. The finish spot that wins most often is #1... but the odds of the other 15 spots added up of course exceed the odds of the #1 finisher.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Someone else said it, but this could be the Hurricanes last stand. They have a lot of free agents upcoming, including their coach. Could potentially see them take a step back next season and beyond.

It’ll be a re-tool for them. Most of their really important piece will still be here.

That KHL defenseman better be as good as they think he is though.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Ooo…what’s a ban?
I want one.

1714593293541.jpeg

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
And I only did "I told you so" with Tampa going out early because people were being massive bitches about playing them.

People who have confidence in the team should agree with me on that one.

The only reason, I for one, didn't want to play Tampa (out of the options) was not that I feared their hockey, it's that I thought the Rangers would limp out of that series with injuries due to Tampa thuggery. But Tampa were tame compared to previous seasons and let Florida through in a most gentlemanly manner, which Florida greatly appreciated.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
If it is, they reverted to default mode against the Islanders.

It makes me question just how good of a coach Rod the Bod is. He's obviously a great motivator and leader but it seems like he puts one thing in place and his team is going to live or die by it. The PK system has been undeniably very successful for his entire tenure there but it also gets roasted at some point during the playoffs (which has resulted in them being eliminated along with not being able to score.) Nothing has changed on the PK, it's nuts to bolts the exact same thing they've been running for years.

His flaw is lack of creativity. I'm confident the Rangers can exploit the Canes energizer style and find the holes in their game. NYR in 6.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I love how right off the bat they just break into an answer from Lavy and you need to find clues over the first 20-30 seconds to figure out who the f*** hes talking about
Dolan sued the NHL to keep control of NY Ranger content and lost.
This is what we get when the people running this have no vested interest.
Most U.S. teams have less.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Idk how to properly post tweets but this is always a positive sign for a team that advanced less than 24 hours ago.
The important part is the number at the end, which I have bolded.

You can change X to twitter, but if there is anything in the URL after the bolded number, you have to remove it. Like so:

1714594394238.png

Alternately, you can just stick the number between media tags and it will work. That is what the site resolves it to when you use the above URL. If you quote someone who has done it correctly you will see this:

1714594288674.png

The website doesn't understand what X.com is, so it doesn't convert it to the proper media tags. I would have thought they would have updated the site by now to fix it, but then again, I'm not really surprised that they haven't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad