Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
What about Kunitz? Too old?

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/player/2871
Flaws:
Can go into prolonged scoring slumps, and his streakiness is getting worse as he ages. Passes up too many shots. Is not very big by today's NHL standards, so he tends to wear down.
TBL interest confirmed

He may be helpful from the perspective of that he knows how to win championships & get in dynasty mode in the modern NHL after seeing the Pens from the inside for so long.

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I don't mind giving one year deals to vets. No any risk in them at all.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I'm thinking that if TB goes after Kunitz, Andy should be part of the pitch. Where the 04' team learned how to win from him, you could see the parallel with Kunitz coming in to get a talented group over the hump into Championstown.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I'm thinking that if TB goes after Kunitz, Andy should be part of the pitch. Where the 04' team learned how to win from him, you could see the parallel with Kunitz coming in to get a talented group over the hump into Championstown.

wanted to put something cute smart here but actually kunitz in playoffs might be argue wise as good as andy ever was

look at the stats no regular seasons is another story entirely

but games played 162 to 161 and point diff s a grand total of + five for andy now he did score more goals but is interesting for sure

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Seriously idiotic moves if we land either Alzner or Kunitz. You guys thought Garrison was bad this last year and you're pissed and annoyed at Callahan? We don't need Kunitz here unless he's signing for 850k and ready to play on the 4th. And I'm not sure how long we'd last collectively before we want to lynch Alzner either. Going to be totally pissed if $1 is spent on either of these guys.

Also, haven't seen you guys mention it but Boyle seems to really want to come back here. I'd take him in a heartbeat. Dumont was fine on the 4th...but he has some poor offensive instincts compared to Boyle. Boyle can at least provide 10-15 goals. I'd rather have him back here at 2m, sign Marleau and explore a trade for a top 4 defenseman and call it an offseason.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
How much is Tyler Johnson looking for in his next contract, and do you consider a trade involving Johnson + for McDonagh if the Rangers decide to blow it up?

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
How much is Tyler Johnson looking for in his next contract, and do you consider a trade involving Johnson + for McDonagh if the Rangers decide to blow it up?

Probably in the 5-6m range for around the same in years as well. I'd consider it and would love it but that's doubtful. Can't imagine the rangers trading an integral piece of their defense. I'd take him in a second for Johnson + though.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Probably in the 5-6m range for around the same in years as well. I'd consider it and would love it but that's doubtful. Can't imagine the rangers trading an integral piece of their defense. I'd take him in a second for Johnson + though.

Rangers are fringe retool/rebuild whatever.

After free agency we will know what is really going on there but They definitely could blow it up.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Rangers are fringe retool/rebuild whatever.

After free agency we will know what is really going on there but They definitely could blow it up.

I would've done it before the Drouin trade but our offense would not look good if we traded Johnson as well.

But I would do it for sure if it was granted we would get someone to replace Johnson/Drouin.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

I'd do it.

Hedman - Dotchin
McDonagh - Stralman (the pairing you've always wanted in NYR)

I mean - best D in the league. I would do that in a second for Johnson + pretty much whatever you want outside of our core.

Rangers wouldn't do it.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I'd do it.

Hedman - Dotchin
McDonagh - Stralman (the pairing you've always wanted in NYR)

I mean - best D in the league. I would do that in a second for Johnson + pretty much whatever you want outside of our core.

Rangers wouldn't do it.

Oh, would that be a sweet duo! Doubt it would ever happen since McD is the Rangers #1D and cornerstone of their defense and we already have our own stellar #1D in Heddy.

I still think Heddy-Stråls is an even better combo though with amazing chemistry. Especially now that Strålman is healthy again - see World Championship for details. lol

But oh, what fun it would be to see McD and Stråls together. Ranger heads would explode. :D

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
JUST SPECULATION FROM MEDIA, but The Hockey Writers have an article up that suggests Shattenkirk on a short-term contract would fit with Tampa. But who the heck thinks Shattenkirk is going to go for a short contract??

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
JUST SPECULATION FROM MEDIA, but The Hockey Writers have an article up that suggests Shattenkirk on a short-term contract would fit with Tampa. But who the heck thinks Shattenkirk is going to go for a short contract??

So much this. I think he would thrive here. We would be a better team if we signed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad