Salary Cap: 2017-18 Roster Building Thread VI | Contract/FA charts in Post #1 | CAP SET at $75M

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Lets hope the Islanders get Eberle and that makes one less team in on Duchene.

Sakic is really going to back himself into a corner and will have to take a lesser return. I just know it. Like Snow with Vanek, I just see Sakic botching a Duchene trade. It just has that "feel".

Should have been Caps again.

They're gonna raise their President's Trophy banner :)

Then start another "Is the President's Trophy winner the real champion?" thread. :laugh:

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
If I were the Pens, I'd hold off on the banner raising until someone more appropriate than the Blues comes in for a game. Caps, Flyers, BJs, etc..

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
If I am the Pens I would lower all the cup winning banners and raise them all again before every Capitals' and Flyers' game for the next ten years.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
So we might pick 31st and then not until the 5th round.....yikes. Gonna have to find a way to somehow start rebuilding the pool.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
can we put up a Streit banner when we play the Flyers next year, with a little asterisk saying what percentage of a Cup they paid for?

You have sold me on the idea.

Though I would rather raise this banner instead.

15k-flyers-cup.jpg

SherogoesHAM

Apr 6, 2012
Having Duchene as the 3rd line center also allows the Penguins to cut Crosby's and Malkin's minutes. Saving a few minutes a game adds up.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
If I were the Pens, I'd hold off on the banner raising until someone more appropriate than the Blues comes in for a game. Caps, Flyers, BJs, etc..

They should just keep bringing it back down and holding multiple banner raising ceremony's against each of their rivals.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
And Euros like Plotnikov and Bengtsson... no, wait, Euros who are better than Plotnikov and more healthy than Bengtsson.

Ha...that too.

It does suck we haven't had first round picks and busted on the ones we took but did make up for it by landing Murray and Guentzel in the 3rd round. Signing Sheary and ZAR. Keep that up and as you said, get better euro signings... We'll be fine.

I can see more signings coming our way in the next few years , especially on the D side. Those guys watched how "weak" we were on D during this run. Just won another cup. Should be a popular destination for some dmen in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad