2017-18 Playoff Watch

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
So if St Louis gets a non Shoot Out win tonight, that puts them at 41 ROW and 94 points. AVS would then need to win before shootout Saturday to get 41 ROW, tie at 95 points, but AVS would win on goal differential?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
So if St Louis gets a non Shoot Out win tonight, that puts them at 41 ROW and 94 points. AVS would then need to win before shootout Saturday to get 41 ROW, tie at 95 points, but AVS would win on goal differential?
Yes, OT win and they tie in points but advance. Regular win and they obviously don't tie.

Reactions: lonelybadger

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
2nd tiebreaker isnt goal differential- its points earned in head to head matchup- if uneven number of games played, the first game played in home city of team with extra home game is discounted.

if blues lose in overtime blues for head to head tiebreaker would have 5 points (2-1-1) while avs would have 4 points (2-2).

there is no scenario were the goal differential tiebreaker will make a difference. avs would have to win in regulation if blues get a row win

1. If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order: The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing. The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season. NOTE: In standings a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
So.. We've been real bad, but we will still have a shot to make it at the final game of the season. I'm happy about that.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
This last playoff spot in the West - it's like no one wants it. :laugh:

StL game on Saturday should be awesome.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Well Avs fans, regardless of what happens tonight it will still come down in some fashion to tomorrow's game. Hopefully we win tonight to add extra pressure to get a regulation win for you guys tomorrow but we're not exactly playing great right now so it wouldn't utterly shock me if we lost tonight.

Here's to a fun tomorrow night in CO!

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
For clarification purposes:

If St Louis gets a ROW win tonight, the Avs only make it if they win in Regulation Saturday?

If St Louis gets a shootout win tonight, the Avs can make it if they win before shootout? (96 points each, but 41 ROW for the Avs)

If St Louis only gets one point tonight, the Avs can make it with a win in any fashion?

If St Louis gets no points, the Avs still have to win in any fashion?

Mackinnon has 0 goals in 9 games...thats a 0 goal pace over 82 games. He is due for a big game and some bounces.

Last edited:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
For clarification purposes:

If St Louis gets a ROW win tonight, the Avs only make it if they win in Regulation Saturday?

If St Louis gets a shootout win tonight, the Avs can make it if they win before shootout? (96 points each, but 41 ROW for the Avs)

If St Louis only gets one point tonight, the Avs can make it with a win in any fashion?

If St Louis gets no points, the Avs still have to win in any fashion?

Mackinnon has 0 goals in 9 games...thats a 0 goal pace over 82 games. He is due for a big game and some bounces.

1. Yes - actually no. We need to get a ROW, not a regulation win.
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Sure as hell hope so

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Game 7 in 2014 was such a roller coaster. Blew what, 4 leads in that game? I can't see tomorrow being a close game, either Mackinnon will score the first goal and just explode for a bunch more, or Bernier will let in a softy and then the team will turtle.

Reactions: MacBradley

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Naturally, Pepsi Centre will be 65%-70% Blues fans.

Yeah, can’t wait for this. Biggest game for our organization in 4 years and you just know we will be outnumbered and vastly outheard in our own building. So disappointing.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Yeah, can’t wait for this. Biggest game for our organization in 4 years and you just know we will be outnumbered and vastly outheard in our own building. So disappointing.
Thats why Avs need the first goal. Get the crowd in Avs favor. I would come but I live in Toronto.....

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I wish I lived in Denver. Would be awesome to attend Avs games routinely.

I just don't get where all these fan bases came from. Like, I get it with Chicago/Pittsburgh/Detroit but what the hell have these other teams done to generate so many fans in our arena? Blues haven't done a damn thing in their franchise's history to have all these fans. Ditto Nashville, San Jose, Minnesota, etc. Blows my mind.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO

I just don't get where all these fan bases came from. Like, I get it with Chicago/Pittsburgh/Detroit but what the hell have these other teams done to generate so many fans in our arena? Blues haven't done a damn thing in their franchise's history to have all these fans. Ditto Nashville, San Jose, Minnesota, etc. Blows my mind.

nobody who lives in Colorado is actually from Colorado

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

Maybe they are all the same people wearing different jerseys to show they are anti-Avs? :sarcasm:

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I slammed my laptop shut so hard, it had to take a breather before it worked again. I then ripped the bedding out of my bed and threw it in a pile on the floor. I was real mature about it.

That's funny. Here was my reaction:

img108691-previewImage.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad