2017-18 Playoff Watch

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I never know where to discuss this so here it is.

As of right now, we need ~45 out of 64 possible pts to get in.

Last edited:

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I never know where to discuss this so here it is.

As of right now, we need ~55 out of 64 possible pts to get in.

We are going to need 115pts to get in? That seems high.

I think we need 35-38 from here on out to get in, and we are on pace for 98-99 total at this point, so as long as we maintain, we should be golden. Being able to maintain is in question of course. Does JB stay hot (or Varly when he returns). How badly does MacK being out affect us. And so on.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Dallas wins again.

They're creating a really nice gap between themselves and the pack at this point.

I have a feeling we're only fighting for 1 more playoff spot at this point unfortunately. And what's dumb is we're fighting with like 7 other teams for that playoff spot. But 5 of the 7 teams we're fighting with are actually fighting for 3 playoff spots while us, Minny, and Chicago have just 1 chance at a playoff position.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Dallas wins again.

They're creating a really nice gap between themselves and the pack at this point.

I have a feeling we're only fighting for 1 more playoff spot at this point unfortunately. And what's dumb is we're fighting with like 7 other teams for that playoff spot. But 5 of the 7 teams we're fighting with are actually fighting for 3 playoff spots while us, Minny, and Chicago have just 1 chance at a playoff position.
I don't think Dallas is in any danger and they'll be buying at the deadline (latest rumor had them making a push for Pacioretty).

Looks like it's going to be between Minny, Calgary and Colorado.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I don't think Dallas is in any danger and they'll be buying at the deadline (latest rumor had them making a push for Pacioretty).

Looks like it's going to be between Minny, Calgary and Colorado.

And Chicago, and LA, and Anaheim. San Jose as well isn't out of the woods yet, especially if we can beat them tomorrow night.

I honestly still think it's more likely at this point we end up with a Top 10 pick then it is that we make playoffs. With Mack and Mikko hurt, depth injuries piling up, and the possibility this team sells. I think we're likely to fall rather then make a push.

We're only 4 points ahead of the #10 pick in the draft, and 5 points up on picks #9. I expect us to end up with that #9 or #10 pick when the season is all said and done.

Which isn't a bad thing in my eyes either. Between Farabee, Bouchard, Dobson, Smith, McIsaac, Wahlstrom, etc. etc. the Avs will have lots of quality player they get to choose from.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Time to bump this thread I think! Crazy to think that this actually looks like a real possibility now, what kind of weird mirror world is this?

Reactions: Balthazar and Weast

Weast

May 16, 2011
Time to bump this thread I think! Crazy to think that this actually looks like a real possibility now, what kind of weird mirror world is this?
The best timeline is what this is.
Would also prefer the first or second wildcard spot to the 3rd central because I think the Peg with Schief coming back is scarier than Vegas or the Preds

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Much better place for this.

Avs playoff chances increased to 77.2% following their victory over the Mild last night.

For tonight, hoping for
Toronto over Dallas
Vancouver over Anaheim and
Edmonton over San Jose

As an added note, if the avs can win 7 out of their remaining 13 games, it’s pretty much a very high probability they make the playoffs. Ballpark of 90% odds.

Reactions: Balthazar

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I think Vegas is our best chance of seeing the second round of the playoffs, albeit slim. Wonder if Shane O'Brien will come to any of the games in Vegas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad