2017-18 Playoff Watch

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I love how BSN wants to be taken seriously as a Avalanche/sports outlet in Colorado but they employ a clown like Dater, who has been nothing short of intolerable on twitter slamming the team at every turn and has been 100% negative towards the Avs the past two weeks.

Then goes silent for a good two hours after the Blackhawks win, while every other fan/writer etc. is tweeting about how awesome this is and he claims his phone has been dead for two hours and is just now seeing the results. That's a convenient excuse, more like he quit watching because he "knew" that the Blues would cruise to victory and finally happened to pick up his phone and look at the score a couple hours later and realized that he ****ed up. I mean the tweet prior to his silence basically says that he knows St Louis is going to win because nothing eventful happens in 3rd periods of hockey games.

Then tweets misinformation about how many games the Blues have left, immediately deletes once he gets called out. So as to not look bad.

If you want to be taken seriously, employ better people. It's simple. Dater is a negative, bitter, a-hole who thinks he knows everything. When he clearly just tries to coast by on his "reputation" and doesn't really have a clue what is going on.

hey, have some sympathy for a guy who drank, plagiarized, and sexually harassed his way out of the cushiest job on the planet

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If the AVS lose tonight they can still make the playoffs they just need a regulation win against the Blues?
Yes.

Assuming Blues beat the Hawks on Friday. If Avs and Blues both lose, then Avs can win in OT or SO on Saturday.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I have a feeling Blues are deflated. Just beat the Sharks tomorrow and Blues not only will have extra pressure to win in Chicago, but they are on a downfall and there is a good chance that last game wont even matter.
Did someone hack your account?

This level of optimism from you is unicorn-like.

It feels a little dirty.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Next challenge, time is 9:15 pm and I am a bit drunk (after work beer session), now I am supposed to watch a game starting 4:30 am?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Did someone hack your account?

This level of optimism from you is unicorn-like.

It feels a little dirty.

TBH I always felt like the_fan wasn't ever really a pessimist, just 100% a realist. Calls a spade a spade.

That's true I am too pessimistic most of the time and tend to be more realistic than delusional, but I can also be optimistic if there is something to be optimistic about

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Are we still hoping for a couple Kings losses, so we can take over the #1 wildcard spot?

Beating out the Blues is obviously priority #1 but taking over the first wildcard spot could be big as well. The Avs matchup much better against the Knights than the Preds, and if the previous games are any indication, a playoff series against Vegas would be incredible hockey to watch.

Vegas might be ripe for a letdown after their regular season and the Preds just have the Avs number.

Avs have lost their last 10 games against Nashville going back to the end of 2015-16. They only have one OT point against them in that time.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Are we still hoping for a couple Kings losses, so we can take over the #1 wildcard spot?
Sure why not? Still mathematically possible. We can still hope for two ANA losses as well. But in both cases we need to win both our games.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Honestly I wouldn't even be mad to watch the AVS get blown out and get swept 4-0 against the predators.

Worst team post lock out to playoffs in one year?

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
We'd have to win out while LA got two regulation losses to pass them, right? They have all the tiebreakers against us.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
The Predators would tear through the Avs like Chipotle does to single-ply toilet paper...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If Avs make the playoffs I don't think it really matters who they play, Vegas or Preds. I don't think they'll have much chance against either of those teams specially without EJ. At this point I hope they get in and just do their best and get that playoff experience

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad