2017-18 Playoff Watch

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So we had all of that talk about the level of points needed to get in... turns out the answer was 95 with 41 ROW.

Nonsense. It'll take at least 97 points to get in, even if we have the 8th best record in the west we won't be allowed in unless we hit 97 points. I think the avs & blues will just have to keep playing each other until one of us limps across that threshold.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Nonsense. It'll take at least 97 points to get in, even if we have the 8th best record in the west we won't be allowed in unless we hit 97 points. I think the avs & blues will just have to keep playing each other until one of us limps across that threshold.
giphy.gif

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
So we had all of that talk about the level of points needed to get in... turns out the answer was 95 with 41 ROW.

Yep. Even as it stands, we could have seven 100 point teams in the Western Conference playoffs, which is insane.

If both Colorado and StL didn't tank here at the end of the season, that 'make the playoffs number' could have been 98/99.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Math checks out.

I think he has 1 ES point (an assist) in the last 8 games.

He could still reach 40G if he has a big game. When's the last time an Avs player had a 40G season? Duke when he won the scoring title?

Well done sir. I just made a scene reading this comment :D.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yep. Even as it stands, we could have seven 100 point teams in the Western Conference playoffs, which is insane.

If both Colorado and StL didn't tank here at the end of the season, that 'make the playoffs number' could have been 98/99.

Keyword there... very rarely has it been that high. Some teams always tend to stumble at the end... this time it turns out it was the Avs and the Blues...

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I wish I lived in Denver. Would be awesome to attend Avs games routinely.

I just don't get where all these fan bases came from. Like, I get it with Chicago/Pittsburgh/Detroit but what the hell have these other teams done to generate so many fans in our arena? Blues haven't done a damn thing in their franchise's history to have all these fans. Ditto Nashville, San Jose, Minnesota, etc. Blows my mind.

I try and help shed some light from a St. Louis standpoint. You're correct the Blues haven't won a Cup (I assume that's what you meant by "haven't done a damn thing") but we have had some top NHL hall of fame players play the best parts of their careers with the Blues like Pronger, Hull, MacInnis, etc. Also, we've had some very good teams. At one point we made the playoffs for over 20 seasons in a row. So while we never won a Cup it's not like most of our history we were bottom feeders or anything.

Now why are there many Blues fans in CO, I honestly couldn't tell you; transplants I would guess. I have some family living in Denver that are Blues fans that moved there for a job for example.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It's cause the three people in Denver who aren't transplants are too busy hiking or enjoying the beautiful outdoorsiness

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
What'a funny is the AVS, while not very popular at home, have tons of fans in other cities thanks to the glory years and the Nordiques days. I think it's a very unique situation; usually teams that are popular in rival cities are popular at home (Leafs, Habs, Rangers, Hawks...) and teams that aren't popular at home aren't popular on the road either (Panthers, Canes, Yotes...)

Reactions: cgf and BrickAHL

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yeah, can’t wait for this. Biggest game for our organization in 4 years and you just know we will be outnumbered and vastly outheard in our own building. So disappointing.

Don't they give away a ton of tickets to the casuals in the last home game? Seems like they reserve a bunch for local businesses and charities. It's usually a different atmosphere, but it seems most of them are rooting for the Avs pretty heavily. Might not have been many tickets to go around for Blues fans. Hopefully.

member 116861

What'a funny is the AVS, while not very popular at home, have tons of fans in other cities thanks to the glory years and the Nordiques days. I think it's a very unique situation; usually teams that are popular in rival cities are popular at home (Leafs, Habs, Rangers, Hawks...) and teams that aren't popular at home aren't popular on the road either (Panthers, Canes, Yotes...)

It's remarkable, how many people on these boards are from Colorado? We don't have a small board here but mainly because we have so many fans from all over the place.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's remarkable, how many people on these boards are from Colorado?

Only a handful of regulars (with probably half a dozen of fairweather local fans that will show up if the team makes the playoffs). If it was mainly locals here the GDT's would probably be 3 pages long like some other boards.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It's remarkable, how many people on these boards are from Colorado? We don't have a small board here but mainly because we have so many fans from all over the place.

My sister lives in colorado...and I was about half an hour south of Colorado for quite a while...

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I try and help shed some light from a St. Louis standpoint. You're correct the Blues haven't won a Cup (I assume that's what you meant by "haven't done a damn thing") but we have had some top NHL hall of fame players play the best parts of their careers with the Blues like Pronger, Hull, MacInnis, etc. Also, we've had some very good teams. At one point we made the playoffs for over 20 seasons in a row. So while we never won a Cup it's not like most of our history we were bottom feeders or anything.

Now why are there many Blues fans in CO, I honestly couldn't tell you; transplants I would guess. I have some family living in Denver that are Blues fans that moved there for a job for example.
Pot isn't legal in Missouri that's why

Reactions: dahrougem2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad