Line Combos: 2017-18 Lineup

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
with marchand/mcavoy out I think its a good time to test a few things that ive wanted to test for awhile...

start with backes... when we picked this guy up for 6 mill the plan was to play rw on a top line. because of what seems to be health reasons he didn't mesh last year. but obviously his best hockey has come after his surgery this year. id like to see him with Bergeron again. I don't really feel pastrnak gels well with Bergeron anyhow. pastrnak plays very well with marchand but marchand is out.

so my first line moves backes and heinen up with Bergeron

this frees up pastrnak for another tryout with spooner. these 2 have played very well in the past. spooner has played his best hockey this past month. reward him with a move back to center and give him the most talented winger. these guys need a defensive conscious to skate with them. if riley nash is willing to play lw id put him here... if not put schaller here. its just an experiment and if it doesn't work we can undo it

debrusk and krejci stay together under my plan... and Bjork can slot in here during his recall

kuraly and one of schaller/nash can make up a 3rd line... accari can be here when hes healthy and when he isn't I guess vatrano gets one more kick of the cat

mostly I'm wanting to reward backes and spooner with my moves... while giving pastrnak his best linemate. the winning streak doesn't matter to me as much as finding the best spots for everyone does.

this is about knowing what our options are come playoffs

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Vatrano and Bjork were less than stellar yesterday

Vatrano with 2 crucial penalties... what a smart way to try to stay in the lineup...

Bjork dropped to the third line

Looks like is overthinking out on the ice and trying to avoid the dirty areas/getting hit

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Vatrano with 2 crucial penalties... what a smart way to try to stay in the lineup...

Looks like is overthinking out on the ice and trying to avoid the dirty areas/getting hit

Bjork was actually fine. He looked a little lost to start the game (understandable) but settled back in. I thought he looked good once he slotted down against lesser competition.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Bjork was actually fine. He looked a little lost to start the game (understandable) but settled back in. I thought he looked good once he slotted down against lesser competition.

"fine" is not what this team needs... especially with Marchand out 4 more games

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
"fine" is not what this team needs... especially with Marchand out 4 more games

Better get Cehlarik up here! amirite?

He finished the game well. If they're getting wins with a lineup consisting of Bjork, does it matter where he plays as long as he is a positive?

Heinen -- Bergeron -- Pastrnak
DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Spooner
Bjork -- Nash -- Backes

The top 9 is good, regardless of positons for certain players.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

The first call on Vatrano was terrible, a slashing call for a couple one-handed love-taps. Give me a break.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto

In fairness the 1st penalty was nothing and should never have been called. the second one was accidental, it happens. Other than that, the guy was engaged, made a great play to set up Kurally for what should have been a goal. Thought he played great 4th line minutes. As for Bork, it was his steal from Karlsson that led to the B's power play that got them on the board. I though both played just fine

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Please no to Vatrano ...ridiculous how he gets min when should have been waived a long time ago

Cehlarik should get the callup next

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Playing with house money until marchand gets back... my vote lets test a couple things out

I do want backes to get another shot with bergeron now that backes is healthy... i also want spooner to get another shot at center now that hes busting his butt to compete... and i want cehlerik to get a chance too

Backes/bergeron/heinen
Nash/krejci/chelarik
Pastrnak/spooner/debrusk

Its just for 3 games... if its a total tirefire, then end it sooner. If it works drop heinen to krejci line once marchand is back... see if we can upgrade nash at dead line.

Id love if we had the luxury of being able to go pastnak/spooner/debrusk as a 3rd line at playoffs

My playoff lineup id like to see

Backes/bergeron/marchand
Heinen/krejci/maroon
Pastrnak/spooner/debrusk
Accari/nash/kuraly
Schaller

Mcavoy/mcdonough
Carlo/chara
Miller/krug
Mcquaid

Sacrafice bjork, zboril, jfk, 2018 first, and snother pick if he redigns for mcdonogh with around a mill retained to make the cap work

Give up cehlerik for maroon unless cehlerik rips it up in his opportunity these next 3 games

I think this lineup enters playoffs as cup favorites if backes/spooner continue to excel in these new positions

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Line at practice (most like for the game tomorrow)

Heinen Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Spooner
Cehlarik Nash Backes
Schaller Kuraly Vatrano

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Injuries and suspensions are not good. However, replacement players are getting valuable NHL experience and providing depth for the line-up as the season progresses.

The likes of Cehlarik, Bjork, Agostino, O'Gara and Czarnik could be most helpful.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Line at practice (most like for the game tomorrow)

Heinen Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Spooner
Cehlarik Nash Backes
Schaller Kuraly Vatrano

Yeah this makes sense, not changing it up too much. I wouldn’t mind seeing this if they change things up a little bit.

Spooner-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Krejci-Cehlarik
Heinen-Nash-Backes

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
My playoff opening lineup just so everyone can freak on me (or maybe ill look like a genius)

Pastnak/bergeron/marchand
Backes/spooner/heinen
Iginla/krejci/maroon
Nash/kuraly/debrusk
Schaller

Mcavoy/chara
Carlo/krug
Miller/holden
Mcquaid

Rask
Khubodin

To be honest.. id love that 4th line chances to dominate... and i think the way spooner/heinen are playing i like that second line too

Krejci gets the type of wingers that suit his style of play... as third liners i think it works

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
My playoff opening lineup just so everyone can freak on me (or maybe ill look like a genius)

Backes/spooner/heinen
Iginla/krejci/maroon
Nash/kuraly/debrusk
Schaller

Mcavoy/chara
Carlo/krug
Miller/holden
Mcquaid

Rask
Khubodin

To be honest.. id love that 4th line chances to dominate... and i think the way spooner/heinen are playing i like that second line too

Krejci gets the type of wingers that suit his style of play... as third liners i think it works

Your lineup is unique, I'll give you that. Feels very high risk high reward, realistically I think Cassidy sticks to what works. Nobody here wants to see Iginla/Krej/Maroon stuck in their own zone...

I do especially like heinen/spooner/backes. Turns our current 3rd line into a true offensive threat.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Try
Debrusk Bergeron Spooner
Marchand Krejci Pasta
Heinen Nash Czarnik
Schaller Kulary Backes

Chara Mcavoy
Krug Carlo
Grz Miller

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Try
Debrusk Bergeron Spooner
Marchand Krejci Pasta
Heinen Nash Czarnik
Schaller Kulary Backes

Chara Mcavoy
Krug Carlo
Grz Miller

Nothing like putting a 6 million dollar top 9 player on the 4th line, or just completely destroying your lines over a little rough patch (where they still continue to win).

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Try
Debrusk Bergeron Spooner
Marchand Krejci Pasta
Heinen Nash Czarnik
Schaller Kulary Backes

Chara Mcavoy
Krug Carlo
Grz Miller
Your line up makes no sense. Looks like you scrambled names and pulled them from a hat. Why such a big change? They aren’t playing horrible.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Your line up makes no sense. Looks like you scrambled names and pulled them from a hat. Why such a big change? They aren’t playing horrible.

Poster checks out. I'm surprised Cehlarik didn't find his way into that lineup. RocketDan (burning out his fuse up here alone) always advocating for a 4th line with Backes on it. I'm not sure what Czarnik has done to warrant playing over Backes, nor am I sure why he took a nuke to the lineup, but like I said....Poster checks out.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Backes/spooner/heinen
Iginla/krejci/maroon
Nash/kuraly/debrusk
Schaller

Mcavoy/chara
Carlo/krug
Miller/holden
Mcquaid

Rask
Khubodin

Got to love how your predicting a slug like Maroon and a comeback from hip surgery Iginla to bump Debrusk down the line-up and Schaller completely out of it just to get Krejci wingers that "suit his style of play" like it's still 2011-2014 all over again.

People need to get past this trying to revive Lucic-Krejci-Horton Version 4.0 here in 2018

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Please no to Vatrano ...ridiculous how he gets min when should have been waived a long time ago

Cehlarik should get the callup next

I apologize for the late response, but I find it amusing that you are crapping on posters for suggesting a guy in the lineup whose AHL production is light year's ahead of Cehlarik's. At the time of your post he gone 8 games in PRO without a goal (4 assists). Now it's up to 16 AHL games and almost 6 weeks without a goal (6 assists over that span).

What had Cehlarik done at the time (or now) to earn a spot in the Boston lineup?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I apologize for the late response, but I find it amusing that you are crapping on posters for suggesting a guy in the lineup whose AHL production is light year's ahead of Cehlarik's. At the time of your post he gone 8 games in PRO without a goal (4 assists). Now it's up to 16 AHL games and almost 6 weeks without a goal (6 assists over that span).

What had Cehlarik done at the time (or now) to earn a spot in the Boston lineup?

Nothing. He's riding a 16 game goal less streak.
a player in a funk like that isn't getting called up unless disaster strikes.

Rinkside Rhode Island

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Some of you are really overthinking this. They've been straight up dominant since before Thanksgiving. You don't need to blow up the whole forward group and reorganize them.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

How late is this response... you been hibernating?

O'Gara and Vatrano for Holden would have been better. But nobody wants Vatrano

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad