Line Combos: 2017-18 Lineup

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
Cehlarik sent down. I would like to write a scathing, vitriolic fueled rant right now, but I will spare you all. I will just say that I vehemently disagree with it, there is no reason why he shouldn't be playing in the NHL.

I agree with you that he is an NHL caliber player and I hate Spooner beside Krecji as it is a ticking time bomb. I also understand the business side as why Spooner is beside Krecji. Also with the team winning why change anything.

That being said i do feel sending Chelarik down RIGHT NOW is the right move. He has been injured quite a bit and needs some game time/playing time. Not sitting in the press box. Hopefully they give him 10 games in Providence and re-evaluate.

I know it sounds like a dumb thing to say but he needs to stay healthy and find a way to do so without compromising his play. No doubt though he looks good with Krecji and the teams record with him in the lineup is outstanding

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Sucks to lose mcavoy for a bit... but i hope it gives carlo a chance to play with chara again and find his confidence

Leave miller with grezlyk... they work together

Give krug some time with mcquaid

Longterm carlo and krug might be destined to be together but i think both can use a bit of a break right now since this situation has popped up anyhow

Reactions: wintersej

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Sucks to lose mcavoy for a bit... but i hope it gives carlo a chance to play with chara again and find his confidence

Longterm carlo and krug might be destined to be together but i think both can use a bit of a break right now since this situation has popped up anyhow

With McAvoy out for two weeks this seems like the most probable set-up for the D.

bizman

Feb 27, 2009
montreal

Carlo is playing fantastic. He seems to be joining the rush aggressively as well.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Reports are Marchand to be suspended for 4 games...

Lineup prediction

Spooner Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Celarik
Heinen Nash Backes
Schaller Kuraly Acciari
I like it!

Lineup prediction

Spooner Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Celarik
Heinen Nash Backes
Schaller Kuraly Acciari
Yes! Spooner should start there.

I'm kinda hoping Vatrano gets a shot. No pun intended.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Lineup prediction

Spooner Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Celarik
Heinen Nash Backes
Schaller Kuraly Acciari

5 games... Unfortunately for you, it sounds like Bjork is getting the call. Cehlarik waits more. Also, you slobber all over Cehlarik and can't even spell his name right. SAD!

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
To me you start by putting Bjork to the left of Bergy and leave the other lines alone for now. Cassidy has shown good judgment to me in shaking up the lines, even mid game if need be. Start there and adjust accordingly if need be.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
It's about balance. Nash Bergeron Backes is still a first line. Nothing is set in stone though.

It achieves the exact opposite of balance. Now there's no great offensive talent on Bergeron's line to take advantage of his puck possession game and conversely all the other lines lack two way players so they spend most of the time hemmed in their own zone.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
To me you start by putting Bjork to the left of Bergy and leave the other lines alone for now. Cassidy has shown good judgment to me in shaking up the lines, even mid game if need be. Start there and adjust accordingly if need be.

Yeah, I was concerned about his meat grinder approach early on, but injuries obviously played a factor. Looking forward to seeing Bjork back up on the big club.

Reactions: GlenFeatherstone

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
This tells me that they regard Bjork as an integral part of the team, now and probably for the future.

The Springfield Rifle will have to wait for another injury.

I feel like Vatrano is going to have Colin Miller/Malcom Subban success elsewhere. Is what it is. Stuck behind guys they like more.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
It achieves the exact opposite of balance. Now there's no great offensive talent on Bergeron's line to take advantage of his puck possession game and conversely all the other lines lack two way players so they spend most of the time hemmed in their own zone.
Bergy and Nash spend virtually no time in their own zone.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
I feel like Vatrano is going to have Colin Miller/Malcom Subban success elsewhere. Is what it is. Stuck behind guys they like more.
In fairness they gave him a pretty good shot early in the year when they had injuries and he never ran with it. He probably could become a pretty decent weapon again if given some time and patiance but there are far too many other options on this team for them to wait around on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad