2017-18 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
That's true, but given the amount of activity leading up to the draft, I don't anticipate much action. Kovalchuk has pretty much held four teams up who are awaiting his decision, which is likely why you won't see any moves involving the other forwards until that shoe drops.

Looks like I should be refreshing my life instead of this site.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
That could end up as a lot of luggage for old man 77, a sophomore slump candidate and a rookie

Yes but Iafallo is a bulldog and Carter can match his speed and skill. Like he did with Pearson. I think Vilardi will hold his own and be a young Kopitar to Carter like how they are on the PP. Plus, it gives the team 3 depth scoring lines

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
A baseball player just got suspended 75 games or the equivalent of 38 NHL games for domestic violence.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
A baseball player just got suspended 75 games or the equivalent of 38 NHL games for domestic violence.

The PA may argue that Voynov has already served a literal season long suspension the year he was under investigation, plus forfeited a subsequent three years worth of NA salary in self-deported exile.

Anything more than 20 games would be excessive, IMO.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
The rumor is Kovi wants Marleau type contract...Yuck.

200w.gif

No fuggin’ thanks.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Kovalchuk obviously wasn't coming back to chase a cup or compete against the best, if that was his motivation he wouldn't have left in the prime of his career.

He sees what NHL guys are making now and wants his last chance for a big pay day. With how awful our wingers are I understand why Blake is considering it, but it does have a chance to completely blow up on whoever gives him that contract.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I believe the contract would also meet the 35+ rule. No getting out of that counting against the cap.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
ick. Heck no on Kovalchuk if that's his requirement. 2 years was iffy for me. 3... no way. Not when he could easily screw the team over by retiring again.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I had a dream the Kings announced Ilya Kovalchuk was a King and then to celebrate he and Toffoli went to In-In-Out to celebrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad