2017-18 Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I'm sure knee surgeries have come along way, but two major ones on the same knee isn't going to be easy to overcome mobility wise. Hopefully this kid does because he sure is fun to watch.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Two knee surgeries on the same knee (major) in less than a year is cause for a player's career to be damn near finished, if not compromised significantly.

That Kariya interview was good to watch. Feel for the guy.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Hischier is available in both my paid fantasy leagues... I rather like both of my teams but am considering picking him up as some high upside depth.

He's had an unbelievable preseason. I can't imagine he wouldn't make the team but do you think he'd be worth a pick up? Would preferably like to see him in real games first but if he starts lighting it up, I'd hate to lose him to someone else. Thoughts?

Also, is there a purely fantasy thread on THIS board? Would love a place to discuss insight and strategy.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I didn't think it was possible but Julien might dislike Galchenyuk even more than Therrien did. During the intermission of tonight's game they were talking about the possibility of him starting on the 4th line.

Martinsen actually had a nice assist tonight and then started a near brawl with a hit.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Montreal is such a weird team these days. It's like they can't resist turning on their own, cheered on by the local media.

I have no doubt Galchenyuk is gone sooner rather than later and then someone else will be the the target.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If I was a star player the last place I'd want to play is Montreal. Especially with that management and coaching staff in place. Julien seems like he's no different than Therrien in terms of liking or disliking certain players. Like get it through your head. This "tough love" schtick is not going to work on Galchenyuk so why bother playing him on the 4th line?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Montreal is such a weird team these days. It's like they can't resist turning on their own, cheered on by the local media.

I have no doubt Galchenyuk is gone sooner rather than later and then someone else will be the the target.
Preseason means absolutely nothing, but you would think that a team who has Cup aspirations would not finish dead last in the league with a record of 1-6. Espeically when they played majority of their starters the second half of the preseason since they conducted early cuts. Likewise with Washington who's 1-5-1, but they've been dominated by the Hischier show.

Maybe the NHL starters truly don't give a **** when it comes to preseason; can't see either of them on the bottom of the East when regular season starts. But it goes back to the saying that "practice makes perfect".

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I think teams are just hesitant on if he can keep it up for an entire season, the last few he really ran out of gas for the last 1/3, let alone playoffs. He offers so much more than his point totals though. He did wonders for Barkov and Huberdeau.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I think teams are just hesitant on if he can keep it up for an entire season, the last few he really ran out of gas for the last 1/3, let alone playoffs. He offers so much more than his point totals though. He did wonders for Barkov and Huberdeau.

I think they make a pill to help with that.

Reactions: S3rkie

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Jagr was going to play a couple of games for the tier 2 Czech team he owns but now isn't out of respect for the NHL teams he is in talks with so perhaps something happens sooner rather than later.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yeah but letting Radulov walk away for the same amount of money, except that the term was 1 year shorter or so, they royally screwed up on that one too.

Radulov had no intention to resign with the Habs. He used the Montreal spotlights to get that nice long term contract that no one was offering the year before (preferably in a no pressure, low tax market...like Dallas).

I expect a significant decrease in production starting as soon as this year.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Radulov had no intention to resign with the Habs. He used the Montreal spotlights to get that nice long term contract that no one was offering the year before (preferably in a no pressure, low tax market...like Dallas).

I expect a significant decrease in production starting as soon as this year.

I think Radulov has at least 3 good years left in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad