2017-18 Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I was going to post in the old thread, but we're on to 2017-18 for everything else, so it felt a bit weird. And speaking of a bit weird, have a look at Barry Trotz:

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Woah, maybe he saw Ovechkin finally take off some weight and followed suit.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
They're doing their best to hit a hard reset on all the dumb moves the new ownership made. Unfortunately I still don't understand their expansion draft moves. :help: I'd pay good money to watch a behind the scenes show on the lead up to that deal.

Hopefully Ginner fits in well down there if Demers doesn't block a trade again.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Demers was actually a good player in San Jose. If he can bounce back, Arizona has themselves a really nice D core.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Anybody else having issues with NHL.tv?

Got it to work. Didn't like my ad blocker.

Nice pass by glass to Wong for first Vegas goal.

This Cody Glass kid looks legit (based on my 1.5 periods of viewing him in a preseason game). Will be following his development for sure.

Last edited:

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
In this Van/Vgk game it seems only one team got the memo about buckling down on slashing the hands.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Anybody else having issues with NHL.tv?

Got it to work. Didn't like my ad blocker.

Nice pass by glass to Wong for first Vegas goal.

This Cody Glass kid looks legit (based on my 1.5 periods of viewing him in a preseason game). Will be following his development for sure.

Glass's assist on that first goal was so cheeky. Takes really great vision and hands to make that play as you're entering the zone.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
$

So.. what does this mean for Lupuls incomes? Or is he upset because he is getting LTIRd? Or is he even getting LTIRd? This is confusing :laugh: But what I know is that this situation seems shady.

Last edited:

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
Glass's assist on that first goal was so cheeky. Takes really great vision and hands to make that play as you're entering the zone.

It sure does look like he has a lot of potential ! I only watched the 1st period on NHL TV this morning but Vegas dressed a lot of the players from their draft : Glass, Suzuki and Hague. It's going to be an interesting match against Colorado on Tuesday.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
$

So.. what does this mean for Lupuls incomes? Or is he upset because he is getting LTIRd? Or is he even getting LTIRd? This is confusing :laugh: But what I know is that this situation seems shady.

Ouch. Also reading that TSN article about the Mike Peluso case against NJD and Lou, really doesn't paint a picture where this couldn't be true. I get this is a business and its managments job to do what's best for the organization but some really questionable dealings have allegedly happened under Lou's watch.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
It sure does look like he has a lot of potential ! I only watched the 1st period on NHL TV this morning but Vegas dressed a lot of the players from their draft : Glass, Suzuki and Hague. It's going to be an interesting match against Colorado on Tuesday.

Prediction. We lose to the Knights and there is a main board thread asking "Are the Avs really worse than Vegas?!" :laugh::laugh:

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Well, Leafs fans virtually brag about "Robidas Island" as if it's some genius move that their revenue allows them to use. It's not a stretch to imagine they'd manipulate LTIR to bury contracts they no longer deem useful. Which, if it's agreed upon by the player and the org, there's not much you can do about, regardless of how ethical it might be. But if they're strongarming guys into virtual retirement, that's messed up.

Haven't been a fan of any sort of cap circumvention since it's become a thing. From the ridiculous contracts to trading guys who are "retired". Things like what Hossa and the Hawks are pulling, which was an obvious outcome the day he signed. Or the Flyers being allowed to keep Pronger on LTIR even after he took a job with the league. If that's not retirement then the word loses all meaning.

At any rate, the Leafs are on the wrong side of benefit of the doubt on this. As if it'll matter.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Prediction. We lose to the Knights and there is a main board thread asking "Are the Avs really worse than Vegas?!" :laugh::laugh:

Sportsnet(?) had their preseason power rankings out a few days ago (I know), and they had Colorado dead last, behind Detroit and Vegas. For as useless as those things are, I couldn't help but be a little offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->