2017-18 Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
SO in the Wild/Jets game - Winnipeg sends Scheiffle, Wheeler and Laine. Minnesota sends Cal O'Reilly, Ryan Malone and Chris Stewart. Minnesota wins.

Michalek was absolutely amazing in that game. Jets had three to four A+ chances to score in regular time and he stoned everyone of them. He deserved the win.

What's the word around the league, anyone blowing socks off at rookie camp, anyone unexpected likely to make an NHL roster, what's shakin here
Christian Djoos is probably the most underrated "might come out of nowhere player" in the league. Posted up beastly AHL numbers last season and some Caps pundits are saying he could make the NHL squad this year. Played 20 minutes last night.

Also Hischier scored a wonderful goal yesterday, it was pretty much all his strengths combined into the goal showing that he's going to be pretty good.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That finish was obviously very nice, but wow was that a good read to jump on the puck carrier in that spot seeing he was in trouble and boxed in with a teammate right next to him. Reminded me of how Forsberg read the play in those spots. No hesitation or tentativeness to make an aggressive play at the (pre-season) NHL level.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Still a case of "If it ain't broke..."

They don't look terrible but they did just enough tweaks (out of some weird need to signify the very sordid history of the franchise prior to their arrival in NJ) to take a winning design and make it...not winning.

I still think they should take it ALL the way back and bring back their original red-and-greens. Those were awesome.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Tolvanen still putting up points, but more than that, he consistently looks like the best player on the ice. Preds got a gem. :nod:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
It's going to be a long season in Vancouver if this game in China is anything to go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad