2017-18 Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Until the NHL cracks down on it, teams will push that limit. Or I should say until a player wants to get back on the ice bad enough that they push the NHLPA to help them fight it, and the NHL has to address it... this limit will get pushed. The owners have little reason to care as their spending is capped at 50% of HRR, so a bit more goes to escrow... no skin off their back.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
The Miami Herald announced it isn't covering the panthers regularly anymore. Which is a bummer bc George Richards is a pretty damn good beat writer. Tis a sad day, unfortunately I doubt the athletic is itching to open up a south florida charter.:laugh:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
The Miami Herald announced it isn't covering the panthers regularly anymore. Which is a bummer bc George Richards is a pretty damn good beat writer. Tis a sad day, unfortunately I doubt the athletic is itching to open up a south florida charter.:laugh:

Hoping he is allowed to keep up with his "On Frozen Pond" blog for them at least...I've been enjoying that for years. He really is one of the best beat writers.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London

I like this goalie ELC signing better than the D'Orio one. Unfortunately the Wild have themselves a goalie who looks ready for a breakout year. We'll see if he can put it all together though.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
They're calling penalties if a player's skates aren't behind the little hash marks on faceoffs now? Why was this needed?

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
They're calling penalties if a player's skates aren't behind the little hash marks on faceoffs now? Why was this needed?

Because of all the cheating. Takes forever to set up in the playoffs, and then both guys cheated anyways.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Because of all the cheating. Takes forever to set up in the playoffs, and then both guys cheated anyways.

This Leafs/Sens game is the first time I've seen this rule in effect and right now it seems even worse than the hand on the puck rule. I'm completely fine with both guys cheating TBH.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
SO in the Wild/Jets game - Winnipeg sends Scheiffle, Wheeler and Laine. Minnesota sends Cal O'Reilly, Ryan Malone and Chris Stewart. Minnesota wins.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
SO in the Wild/Jets game - Winnipeg sends Scheiffle, Wheeler and Laine. Minnesota sends Cal O'Reilly, Ryan Malone and Chris Stewart. Minnesota wins.

COR is a Wild now? Didn't know that.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015

Winning or losing in the preseason means absolutely nothing, the 40 point Avs won all games. That being said, I think Winnipeg is the second worst team in the division.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Winning or losing in the preseason means absolutely nothing, the 40 point Avs won all games. That being said, I think Winnipeg is the second worst team in the division.

It wasn't about who won. I thought it was funny, the discrepancy in the talent of the shooters. Boudreau knew it was preseason, had some fun. Still ended up winning.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
It wasn't about who won. I thought it was funny, the discrepancy in the talent of the shooters. Boudreau knew it was preseason, had some fun. Still ended up winning.

Sure! I wasn't probably reading you're post right. Boudreau was messing around and yet their scrubs won Winnipeg's best :laugh:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Sometimes I don't get NHL team Twitter.

Would have been a better joke with:

Guy-Buddy-Friend
Buddy-Friend-Guy....

PzwVHpZ.gif

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
What's the word around the league, anyone blowing socks off at rookie camp, anyone unexpected likely to make an NHL roster, what's shakin here

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The biggest 'out of no wheres' that I've heard are Lindblom in Philly and Mete and Montreal (Mete playing a top 4 role would not shock me at all though... kid is good). Thompson probably makes the Blues out of camp.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I'd thought they were pretty high on Lindblom in Philly. Never even heard of Mete, is he French or is it pronounced Meat

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'd thought they were pretty high on Lindblom in Philly. Never even heard of Mete, is he French or is it pronounced Meat

I'm sure there is some French in there, but he is born and bred an Ontario boy. I'm bad with phonetic spelling. Meh-tay is how you pronounce it.

To me, Mete was clearly the best D on London last year (better than Juolevi IMO) and really only dropped because of his frame. The kid thinks and skates at a very high level and plays way better defense than you'd think out of somebody his size. Reminds me a lot of Ryan Ellis.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Nope but from this day on I will not only call him "Meat" but I'm spelling it "Meat" as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad