2017-18 Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Well this is an aspect of the new faceoff DOG rule that makes it interesting

once the first guy gets tossed out your essentially winning the face off for the other team cause
the 2nd guy comes in and has to be sooo careful that he doesnt get thrown out it hampers his ability to win the draw.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I've mentioned before that I think Duchene's face-off numbers are a little inflated due to mainly taking them on his strong side, as opposed to other go to centers.

That said, I think this new rule will benefit him greatly. He almost always wins his draws the same way with the same move, and he does it with speed and reaction time. He pretty much never gets thrown out of a face-off.

If he plays with Compher who can take the right side draws, I think Dutchy's numbers will soar even higher compared to the rest of the field.

member 116861

The Preds jerseys look so much better on ice than when they were first presented. I think they actually look nice, just have to get rid of those stupid yellow helmets.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Need some fantasy hockey advice so I guess I'll put it here.

Need a guy with lower than .18 ppg from last year. My best choices right now I think are

Aberg NSH
Virtanen VAN
and soderberg

Who do you guys think will have the better year points wise. (Points only). Right now I'm thinking Aberg

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
They got Josh Yohe on right now, apparently Derick Pouliot is having a terrible camp and the Pens are getting ready to cut bait. He speculated on a possible deal involving Riley Sheahan and Pouliot.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
That is because Pouliot isn't good... that said, I'd give him a shot here in a heartbeat (worst case he is a good AHL D)!! The Avs can't realistically compete with a Sheehan swap though.

member 116861

That is because Pouliot isn't good... that said, I'd give him a shot here in a heartbeat (worst case he is a good AHL D)!! The Avs can't realistically compete with a Sheehan swap though.

Our players can actually score goals though, not many but still some.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Damn it Bennett, keep it under wraps for a bit longer, I'm low key hoping for a Bennett + Valimaki for Duchene trade. (3A tonight)

Avs44

May 16, 2011
How on earth did Kevin Fiala heal up so quickly? He broke his freaking femur, didn't he? I read after the injury he was potentially out until January, and yet today I realized he's in the pre-season and looking great.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This is worth checking out when you have some time......

He was one of my favourite players to watch as a kid. Sad how it all ended but he appears to be doing better now.

Reactions: Foppberg

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
For sure, that Kariya interview was amazing to watch. The guy was truly one of the greats who just doesn't get quite the amount of credit he deserves, perhaps because people only remember him because of his high-profile concussions (kind of like Forsberg and his feet/ankles--injuries cut their careers too short).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad