Proposal: 2016 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Condra back on the 4th line around December?

Of course depending on how the team is doing by then, there is also that extra year remaining on his contract at $1.25 M.

He is the exact kind of insulation of a veteran checker/PKer that can help a team's overall defensive stance. Required for deep post season runs.

Maybe at the expense of an extra year for one of the younger forwards in Bingo.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Kelly and Condra on the same line? And the PK?

My God . . . that would be amazing. Nobody would ever score for either team when they're one the ice

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He was more effective as a Sen then Bondra :D

Not sure lol, even after being concussed he still had 0.47 ppg in a low scoring era, including his 0 points in 7 playoff games after having his brain mashed up.

I'll always remember Bondra as a Cap :laugh:.

I liked Condra enough when he was here, but he's definitely not some missing link, or anyone ever worth requiring,

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Not sure lol, even after being concussed he still had 0.47 ppg in a low scoring era, including his 0 points in 7 playoff games after having his brain mashed up.

I'll always remember Bondra as a Cap :laugh:.

I liked Condra enough when he was here, but he's definitely not some missing link, or anyone ever worth requiring,

I think there is way too much pining for former players around here, and a lot of those guys were, like Condra, ultimately replaceable. However, Condra would fit in nicely on that 4th line, and we have an opening on LW on that line. I won't be heartbroken if he doesn't come back, but I admit that he could help us.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Losing Condra was one of the reasons the PK sucked this past year. I said it last year at this time that losing Condra would have a negative affect and I was right. Saying all of that, not sure if there is room for Condra this year. Although, I'd have him playing over Neil.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Losing Condra was one of the reasons the PK sucked this past year. I said it last year at this time that losing Condra would have a negative affect and I was right. Saying all of that, not sure if there is room for Condra this year. Although, I'd have him playing over Neil.

Ottawa is a budget team but Dorion makes it sound like he wants to compete now. Brassard acquisition signals his intention, besides the fact that in every interview PD seems to be alluding to his ambition to compete starting this season.

One more forward acquisition, whether Vermette or Condra, will mean that Paul and Dzingel would have to spend an extra year in Bingo. I can see something like the following making this team deep beyond the first rounds of the playoffs:

MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Brassard-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Lazar
Condra-Kelly-Neil/Puempel

That's a competitive top-12.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Ottawa is a budget team but Dorion makes it sound like he wants to compete now. Brassard acquisition signals his intention, besides the fact that in every interview PD seems to be alluding to his ambition to compete starting this season.

One more forward acquisition, whether Vermette or Condra, will mean that Paul and Dzingel would have to spend an extra year in Bingo. I can see something like the following making this team deep beyond the first rounds of the playoffs:

MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Brassard-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Lazar
Condra-Kelly-Neil/Puempel

That's a competitive top-12.

I could get on board with that.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Condra has a strange following in Ottawa

No kidding. :shakehead

I just think that he's a solid fourth liner who can be great if given the right role.

I've always had a soft spot for the Condras and Van Allens.

What about Neil & Smith?

I think there is way too much pining for former players around here, and a lot of those guys were, like Condra, ultimately replaceable. However, Condra would fit in nicely on that 4th line, and we have an opening on LW on that line. I won't be heartbroken if he doesn't come back, but I admit that he could help us.

Condra is a RWer although he has played some LW. Rather than add stone hands Condra I would rather add Vermette who can play centre or LW & he can actually add secondary pts. They could add both & send Lazar down to Bingo too if they wanted. The only problem with this lineup with or without Condra or as is, is that it is too small & soft & in the playoffs could get run out of the building. Neil, Boro & Smith will have their hands full trying to protect & defend this group this coming season.

Hoffman - Brassard - Ryan
MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Kelly - Vermette - Lazar
Smith - Pageau - Neil/Puempel

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Condra is a RWer although he has played some LW. Rather than add stone hands Condra I would rather add Vermette who can play centre or LW & he can actually add secondary pts. They could add both & send Lazar down to Bingo too if they wanted. The only problem with this lineup with or without Condra or as is, is that it is too small & soft & in the playoffs could get run out of the building. Neil, Boro & Smith will have their hands full trying to protect & defend this group this coming season.

Well, Pittsburgh didn't have that issue. I think you are clinging to old ideologies. If your team can skate, you don't need to be big and tough. This isn't the 90's or the 2000's.

Kelly - Vermette - Lazar

God awful bottom six. You basically have 2 4th lines minus JGP. Kelly, Vermette, Lazar, Neil and Smith are all 4th liners. I don't think Smith will replicate what he did last year, and will return to what he's been up to this point in his career. A 4th liner. A good fourth liner, but still a 4th liner.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

What about Neil & Smith?

Kelly - Vermette - Lazar

Read my post above.

Condra is relatively cheap, has chemistry on this team with the core, and will definitely shore up the PK units that would involve Kelly, Pageau, Stone, and Smith. I would prefer a good 3rd line veteran winger to play with Smith-Pageau, but that likely isn't in the cards.

Neil is not a PKer, nor is he better defensively in any shape or form than Condra (provided his health issues are behind him).

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

What about Neil & Smith?

Kelly - Vermette - Lazar

I'm just curious, who are the "big, tough" teams that are any good in our conference?

Pittsburgh? Nope, fast and skilled.
Tampa? Nope, fast and skilled.
Washington? Skilled as hell.

So what boogeyman team are you referring to that is going to bully their way past us?

Montreal? :laugh:
Toronto? Not a chance.
Detroit? :shakehead
Islanders?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Well, Pittsburgh didn't have that issue. I think you are clinging to old ideologies. If your team can skate, you don't need to be big and tough. This isn't the 90's or the 2000's.

God awful bottom six. You basically have 2 4th lines minus JGP. Kelly, Vermette, Lazar, Neil and Smith are all 4th liners. I don't think Smith will replicate what he did last year, and will return to what he's been up to this point in his career. A 4th liner. A good fourth liner, but still a 4th liner.

I think you're being a little hard on Vermette. Is he really a 4th liner?

17 goals and 38 points last year would indicate he's not a 4th line player.

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I'm just curious, who are the "big, tough" teams that are any good in our conference?

So what boogeyman team are you referring to that is going to bully their way past us?

Toronto? Not a chance.
Islanders?

This toughness factor is getting way overrated now.

It is now about speed. You can be as tough as you want, but if you can't skate, you are not really effective. Of course there are exceptions though.

Last edited:

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa

Toronto? Not a chance.
Islanders?

He's obviously referring to the Western team we'll meet in the Finals.

ekarlsson65

Jan 11, 2015
Ottawa
Expansion Draft Protection

I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts about players the Sens would protect.

I think realistically it would look something like:

Forwards: Hoffman, Turris, Brassard, Ryan, Stone, Pageau, Lazar
Defenseman: Phaneuf, Ceci, Karlsson
Goaltender: Anderson

...but I could totally see Dorion trying to keep all 4 D in tact, so then our 4 F would be:
Hoffman, Turris, Brassard, Stone??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad