Transfer: 2016 Summer transfer discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
what are the odds that Arsenal could get Rodriguez from Wolfsburg, and would he be a good fit. hes probably an upgrade on Gibbs

I would assume quite good if they go after him and put the funds required behind the effort. Of course who else was after him would also make a difference.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
I would assume quite good if they go after him and put the funds required behind the effort. Of course who else was after him would also make a difference.

yeah i dont watch the bundesliga so i have to go by the world cup cup/Euro hype he has built.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Missing out on the CL apparently lowered his buyout clause; so he should be very gettable for any club ready to drop ~25M euros on a LB.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Bellerin and Rodriguez defensively seems like a disaster. Nacho provides stability and provides amazing link-up play with Alexis.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Why would Arsenal spend a big fee to upgrade a backup? Anyway, I'm of the opinion that Monreal is very underrated and Rodriguez is overrated. His stats are very nice and his crosses and free kicks very accurate, but he lacks a bit when he isn't doing something spectacular. Not a particularly creative passer (rather just an accurate one), doesn't combine particularly well with other wide players, and he's reliable defensively as well as physically strong for a full back, but he's not exceptional at pressing. He's not a particularly good dribbler either. I don't think he would look as good or rack up the same stats on a team with a more subtle attack than Wolfsburg.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Why would Arsenal spend a big fee to upgrade a backup? Anyway, I'm of the opinion that Monreal is very underrated and Rodriguez is overrated. His stats are very nice and his crosses and free kicks very accurate, but he lacks a bit when he isn't doing something spectacular. Not a particularly creative passer (rather just an accurate one), doesn't combine particularly well with other wide players, and he's reliable defensively as well as physically strong for a full back, but he's not exceptional at pressing. He's not a particularly good dribbler either. I don't think he would look as good or rack up the same stats on a team with a more subtle attack than Wolfsburg.

Pretty spot on,

I would say a more defensively stable Moreno

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
Real Madrid Castilla have failed to gain promotion to the Liga Adelante so expect Odegaard to go out on loan.

Ajax and Monaco would be interested I imagine. With what has been reported, he is probably hoping for a better team.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
-Mexican Porto center midfielder Hector Herrera declines Liverpool offer to sign with Napoli.

-Roma offering Nainggolan a new contract to fend off interest from Man United and Chelsea

-Liverpool re-igniting interest in Andriy Yarmolenko

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
-Mexican Porto center midfielder Hector Herrera declines Liverpool offer to sign with Napoli.

-Roma offering Nainggolan a new contract to fend off interest from Man United and Chelsea

-Liverpool re-igniting interest in Andriy Yarmolenko

Liverpool are not in for Herrera or Yarmolenko.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That was my point. Spend the €50M and never look back.

Why would gladbach accept that? That's the kind of sum that they'll sell him for when they are ready to sell. That's not the kind of sum it would take to convince them to sell this summer.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Why would gladbach accept that? That's the kind of sum that they'll sell him for when they are ready to sell. That's not the kind of sum it would take to convince them to sell this summer.

All we know is Dahoud is Klopp's top target. The rest is up to Monchengladbach.

There is an official bid in for Zielinski though so that might be a backup plan, which I have very mixed emotions about anyway.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
All we know is Dahoud is Klopp's top target. The rest is up to Monchengladbach.

There is an official bid in for Zielinski though so that might be a backup plan, which I have very mixed emotions about anyway.

I'm not sure I follow. We know Gladbach's position, and it's 'f*** off'. If LFC wants Mo, they're the ones who need to make things happen by coming up with an insane offer (pushing 9 digits), that might force BMG to re-think their plans entirely & actually consider selling him; so how is the ball in BMG's court?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm not sure I follow. We know Gladbach's position, and it's 'f*** off'. If LFC wants Mo, they're the ones who need to make things happen by coming up with an insane offer (pushing 9 digits), that might force BMG to re-think their plans entirely & actually consider selling him; so how is the ball in BMG's court?

Liverpool is going to keep pushing. Monchengladbach has the keys obviously so all they have to do is keep saying no.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
But there is no pushing without making a KdB(+) type bid. That's the only way anything even has a chance of happening. If LFC haven't made such a bid, then they aren't actually pushing for him. They're just daydreaming.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
But there is no pushing without making a KdB(+) type bid. That's the only way anything even has a chance of happening. If LFC haven't made such a bid, then they aren't actually pushing for him. They're just daydreaming.

I don't disagree with this but as stated Dahoud is universally accepted (along with Gotze) and Liverpool's top target this summer. This is being reinforced by all of Liverpool's top beat writers. I'm not here to say if it is going to happen or it isn't because it's obviously complicated, but this is a link that I don't think will die until the end of the window.

I can see Liverpool trying to do a buy and loan back offer like then successfully did with Grujic (although Monchengladbach and Red Star are in obviously different situations) but again Monchengladbach has all the leverage. That being said, if Klopp wants Dahoud as bad as it is being reported by reliable sources, Liverpool may get creative. I doubt they have the bandwidth and skill to do so, but we will see.

I personally hope Liverpool spend over £40 million on someone so Andy Carroll (although Chelsea paid for him) isn't listed as, or associated with being their record transfer anymore.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't disagree with this but as stated Dahoud is universally accepted (along with Gotze) and Liverpool's top target this summer. This is being reinforced by all of Liverpool's top beat writers. I'm not here to say if it is going to happen or it isn't because it's obviously complicated, but this is a link that I don't think will die until the end of the window.

I can see Liverpool trying to do a buy and loan back offer like then successfully did with Grujic (although Monchengladbach and Red Star are in obviously different situations) but again Monchengladbach has all the leverage. That being said, if Klopp wants Dahoud as bad as it is being reported by reliable sources, Liverpool may get creative. I doubt they have the bandwidth and skill to do so, but we will see.

I personally hope Liverpool spend over £40 million on someone so Andy Carroll (although Chelsea paid for him) isn't listed as, or associated with being their record transfer anymore.

Fair enough.

And lol to the bolded, I always forget this. Should've paid a lil more for Firmino ;)

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I think Liverpool need to make a statement signing.

Dahoud would be that! £40m or £50m whatever.

If their biggest name is Zielinski I believe LFC fans would be very dissapointed. But again Klopp also signed no superstar at Dortmund.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Gerard Romero of Sport is saying that Sane will go to Man City.

Spanish reporter saying a German player is going to England....

Let's see. City has been linked before though. Hopefully he doesn't rot on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad